Zylux Acoustic Corporation 28 inch Sound Bar 2.1 System
QUICK START GUIDE
1. Power – Press to turn the sound bar on or off.
2.Input – Press to change input source.
3.Bluetooth – Press to enter Bluetooth input. (To enter force pair mode, press and hold for 5 seconds)
4.Volume (+/-) – Press to increase and decrease volume levels.
5.Enter/Play/Pause – Press to select an option. Press to play or pause.
6.Previous – Press to return to previous track. (Changes Subwoofer, Treble, and Bass levels)
7.Next – Press to skip to the next track. (Changes Subwoofer, Treble, and Bass levels)
8.TruVolume – Press to enable/disable TruVolume.
9.TruSurround HD – Press to enable/disable TruSurround HD.
10.Mute – Press to mute/unmute.
11.Movie – Press to enable Movie preset EQ mode.
12.Music – Press to enable Music preset EQ mode.
13.SUB – Press to enter subwoofer level adjustment mode. (Use Previous/Next buttons to adjust levels)
14.Bass – Press to enter bass level adjustment mode. (Use Previous/Next buttons to adjust levels)
15. Treble – Press to enter treble level adjustment mode. (Use Previous/Next buttons to adjust levels)
Inserting and replacing batteries.
Two AAA batteries are included for you to use with the basic remote control. To insert/replace the batteries:
1. Remove the battery cover by gently sliding it away from the remote.
2. Insert two AAA batteries (included). Be sure to align the + and – signs on the batteries and remote.
3. Replace the battery cover.
WARNING: keep the remote control batteries away from children. It may cause choking and/or lead to a fire or chemical burn if mishandled. Do not dispose of batteries in fire. Replace only with batteries of the correct type.
When needed, VIZIO recommends replacing the batteries that came with this remote with two, new Duracell ‘AAA’ alkaline batteries.
Controls & Connections
1. Bluetooth Input – Hold to pair. (See Bluetooth Pairing for more information)
2. Volume – Increase or decrease the loudness of the audio.
3. Input – Press to change the audio source.
4. Power – Press to turn sound bar on or off.
Back of Sound Bar
1. DC IN – Power Port
2. USB – USB In
3. Optical – Digital Optical Audio in
4. Digital – Coaxial In
5. AUX – Analog Audio In (Stereo RCA)
6. AUX – Analog Audio In (Stereo 3.5mm)
Note: Not all TVs have the audio outputs shown above. To connect the Sound Bar directly to your other devices (Blu-Ray player, game system, etc.) see your device’s user manual.
* When using either of the Digital Inputs, if there is no audio: (A) try setting the TV output to PCM or (B) Connect directly to your Blu-ray/other source, some TVs do not pass through digital audio.
4. Connect the power cable to the Subwoofer AC IN as shown. Plug the power cable into an electrical outlet. Flip the Power Switch into the On position.
5. For the best surround sound experience, position the Sound Bar as shown. The Sound Bar should be close to ear level. The Subwoofer should be placed in a corner of the room.
6. Turn your TV on, the Sound Bar will automatically turn on and begin searching for an active input.
The LED indicators on the front of the Sound Bar will begin cycling in pairs through inputs until an audio source is detected.* You can press the INPUT button to switch between audio sources. For example, if you connected your TV to Input 1, set the Sound Bar to Input 1.
To pair the Sound Bar with a Bluetooth device:
1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the Sound Bar or the Bluetooth button on the remote for five (5) seconds. When the Sound Bar is in Bluetooth Pairing Mode, the LED Indicators on the Display Panel on the front of the Sound Bar will light sequentially from bottom to top and back again.Once the device is paired, the LED Indicators will stop flashing.
2. You can now search for the Sound Bar (VIZIO SB2821) using your Bluetooth device. For more information, refer to the user documentation that came with the device.
3. Play audio from your Bluetooth device. Volume can be controlled on your source device and the Sound
Using Bluetooth Mode
Your Sound Bar supports music streaming from smartphones, tablets, and computers with Bluetooth capability. Device compatibility will vary, see your device’s documentation for more information. Once you have paired your source device to the Sound Bar, as long as you stay within range of the Sound Bar, your device should remain paired, even if you change the input on the Sound Bar.
A Bluetooth signal has a range of up to 30 feet. Keep in mind that Bluetooth is a compressed audio format, so streamed music may lose some integrity when compared to a wired connection.
Try the following if your sound quality is less than optimal:
• If you hear any break-up or disconnect while streaming music from your device, move the source device closer to the Sound Bar.
• Be sure that there are no solid obstructions in the line-of-sight between the Sound Bar and the source device.
• Other wireless devices can affect Bluetooth range, including wireless security cameras, wireless video baby monitors, cordless phones, and microwave ovens. Turning off or moving these devices may improve Bluetooth range.
Reconnecting the Subwoofer
The Subwoofer has already been paired with the Sound Bar by VIZIO. However, the Subwoofer may need to be re-linked to the Sound Bar if there is no sound coming from the Subwoofer.
<<>> What does pairing mean? Pairing means to wirelessly connect.
First confirm that the power switch is in the ON position. Press and hold the Pairing button on the back of the Subwoofer for 5 seconds. The LED on the back of the Subwoofer will begin to blink.
Press and hold the Power button on the top of the Sound Bar for 5 Seconds. The LED indicators on the front will flash 3 times. The Subwoofer is now linked with the Sound Bar.
Using Button Combinations
There are 3 functions that are triggered by 3 different button combinations on the Sound Bar.
Wall-Mounting the Sound Bar
Insert the two wall-mount screws into the wall-mount screw holes, and then tighten them with a Phillips screwdriver.
Place the included wall mounting template against the wall under your TV. Mark the four bracket holes using a pencil.
Be sure your screws are attached to wood studs, drywall anchors (for drywall), or concrete anchors
(for brick/concrete walls). Screws for attaching the brackets to the wall are not included. Choose the screw type and length appropriate to your home’s construction. If in doubt, consult a professional installer.
Questions about your Zylux Acoustic Corporation 28 inch Sound Bar 2.1 System? Post in the comments!
Zylux Acoustic Corporation 28 inch Sound Bar 2.1 System Manual [PDF]