Thank you for purchasing the Mobile WiFi. This Mobile WiFi brings you a high speed wireless network connection.
This document will help you understand your Mobile WiFi so you can start using it right away.
Please read this document carefully before using your Mobile WiFi. For detailed information about the functions and configurations of the Mobile WiFi, refer to the online help on the web management page that comes with the Mobile WiFi.
For detailed instructions for logging in to the web management page, refer to “Logging In to the Web Management Page”.
Getting to Know Your Mobile WiFi
The Mobile WiFi function descriptions and illustrations in this document are for your reference only. The product you have purchased may vary.
Wi-Fi devices (such as smartphones, tablet computers, and game consoles) or computers can all access the Internet through the Mobile WiFi. The specific connection procedure depends on the operating system of the Wi-Fi device or computer. Establish a connection according to your device’s specific instructions.
The Mobile WiFi uses your operator’s LTE, 3G, or 2G network to access the Internet.
1 Message indicator
2 Battery indicator
– Green: Sufficient battery.
– Blinking green: Charging the battery.
– Red: Low battery.
3 Power button
4 Micro USB port
5 Signal indicator
– Green: Strong signal.
– Orange: Weak signal.
– Red: No signal.
SSID and Wireless Network Encryption Key
When a Wi-Fi device establishes a connection to the Mobile WiFi for the first time, you may need to enter the default Service Set Identifier (SSID) and wireless network encryption key.
The default SSID and encryption key are printed on the Mobile WiFi label.
It is recommended that you can log in to the web management page and change your SSID and wireless network encryption key.
Install the SIM card, and battery according to the illustration.
Charging the Battery
If the Mobile WiFi has not been used for a long time or if the battery is fully depleted, the Mobile WiFi may not power on immediately after the charger is plugged in. Please charge the battery for a while before attempting to power on the Mobile WiFi.
Method 1: Use the charger to charge the device
Only use chargers compatible with the Mobile WiFi and provided by a designated manufacturer. Use of an incompatible charger or one from an unknown manufacturer may cause the Mobile WiFi to malfunction, fail, or could even cause a fire. Such use voids all warranties, whether expressed or implied, on the product.
– The charger is an optional accessory. If it is not included in the package, you may contact an authorized dealer to buy a charger compatible with the Mobile WiFi.
– The Mobile WiFi’s charger model is HW-050100XYW. X and Y represent letters or numbers that vary by region. For details about the specific charger model, contact an authorized dealer.
Method 2: Charge the device through a computer connection
Use the data cable provided with your device to connect the Mobile WiFi to the computer.
Turning on the Mobile WiFi
Press and hold the power button until indicator lights up, indicating that the Mobile WiFi is turned on.
Press and hold the power button to turn off the Mobile WiFi.
Verifying the PIN
If the Mobile WiFi’s network parameters have been correctly configured but you cannot access the Internet after powering it on, PIN verification may be enabled. Log in to the web management page and enter the PIN when prompted. To avoid entering the PIN every time you power on the Mobile WiFi, disable PIN verification from the web management page.
The PIN/PUK is delivered with your SIM card. For more details, contact your service provider.
Connecting to the Internet
Using an LTE, 3G, or 2G Network
The Mobile WiFi’s management parameters have been preset according to your operator’s requirements.
If data is transmitted, the Mobile WiFi will automatically connect to the Internet. If data is not transmitted for a period of time, the Mobile WiFi will automatically disconnect from the network connection.
You can log in to the web management page and enable or disable the automatic dialing while roaming function. If this function is turned off, when the Mobile WiFi enters a roaming network, it will automatically disconnect from the Internet connection that has already been established. You will need to manually establish this network connection again.
Logging In to the Web Management Page
1. Make sure the connection between the Mobile WiFi and the Wi-Fi device or computer is working normally.
2. Open the browser, and enter http://192.168.0.1 in the address box.
3. Enter the user name and password to log in to the web management page.
– The default user name is admin.
– The default password is admin.
Battery Saving Mode
If the Mobile WiFi has been inactive for some time, it enters the standby mode and all the indicators are off. Pressing the power button causes the indicators to light up.
When the Mobile WiFi is being powered only by the battery, you can choose to enable or disable the automatic Wi-Fi off function. If this function is enabled and if no Wi-Fi devices access the Mobile WiFi for a period of time, the Wi-Fi turns off automatically. You can press the power button to turn the Wi-Fi on again.
Restoring to Factory Settings
If you forget the user name, password, or SSID you have set, you can restore the Mobile WiFi to its factory settings.
To do so, simply press and hold the RESET button until the Mobile WiFi restarts.
Example 1: Connecting to a Computer (for example, running the Windows 7 operating system) through Wi-Fi
1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi function is enabled.
2. Select Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Connect to a network.
Before establishing a Wi-Fi connection, ensure that the computer is equipped with a wireless network adapter. If the computer indicates a wireless network connection, the wireless network adapter can be used. Otherwise, verify that your wireless network adapter is working properly.
3. Select the wireless network connection with the Mobile WiFi’s SSID and click Connect.
– If the wireless network connection is encrypted, enter the correct wireless network encryption key.
– The default SSID and encryption key are printed on the Mobile WiFi’s label.
4. Wait a moment for the wireless network connection icon to appear in the system tray in the lower right corner of the computer screen. The wireless network connection is then established.
Example 2: Connecting to a Tablet Computer (for example, iPad) through Wi-Fi
1. Touch Settings > Wi-Fi to turn on Wi-Fi.
2. The tablet computer automatically searches for wireless connections and displays a list of access points.
3. Select the access point with the Mobile WiFi’s SSID.
4. If required, enter the correct wireless network encryption key, and tap Join.
(The lock icon indicates that the encryption key is required to connect to this wireless network.)
Wi-Fi devices, such as an iPhone, iPod touch, PS3 and NDSi, can all access the Internet through the Mobile WiFi. For specific operations, refer to the Wi-Fi device’s user manual.
When the Mobile WiFi is in use for an extended period of time, it will become warm and may overheat. Should this happen, the Mobile WiFi will automatically close the network connection and turn off to protect itself from damage. If this occurs, place the Mobile WiFi in a well ventilated space to allow the heat to dissipate, then turn it on and continue to use it as normal.
If you are unable to use the Mobile WiFi as normal, try the following:
– Consult the online help on the web management page.
– Restart the Mobile WiFi.
– Restore the Mobile WiFi to the factory settings.
– Consult your operator.
LTE is a trademark of ETSI. 31010TAB_01
Questions about your Vodafone Mobile WiFi? Post in the comments!
Vodafone Mobile WiFi [PDF]