Use & Care for Juicit® Citrus Juicer
Customer Service Number
In USA: 1-800-851-8900 (8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time)
In Canada: 1-800-267-2826
Web Site Address – http://www.hambeach.com
Keep this number for future reference!
When using electrical appliances basic safety precautions should be observed, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- To protect against risk of electric shock, do not immerse base, cord, or plug in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- UNPLUG FROM OUTLET WHEN NOT IN USE, before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning.
- Avoid contact with moving parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Call our toll-free customer service number for information on examination, repair, or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
- The use of attachments not recommended or sold by Hamilton Beach/Proctor-Silex, Inc. may cause fire, electric shock, or injury.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces, including stove.
This appliance is intended for household use only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CONSUMER SAFETY INFORMATION
This appliance is equipped with a polarized plug. This type of plug has one blade wider than the other. The plug will fit into an electrical outlet only one way. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug into the outlet, try reversing the plug.
If the plug should still fail to fit, contact an electrician to replace the obsolete outlet. Do not attempt to defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug.To avoid an electrical circuit overload do not use a high wattage appliance on the same circuit with the Juicit®. This appliance has a short cord to reduce the hazards of becoming entangled or tripping over a longer cord. An extension cord may be used if the electrical rating of the extension cord is equal to or greater than the rating of the Juicit or juicer. Use only an extension cord rated 10 amperes or greater. Care must be taken to arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over countertops or tabletops where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
KNOW YOUR JUICER
HOW TO USE
- Unplug from outlet.
- Place pitcher onto base. Hold base and turn pitcher clockwise to lock. The pitcher will “click” when locked and the vertical lines on pitcher and base will line up. The juice level indicator should be above the logo. (Illustration A.)
- To juice, place reamer attached to strainer onto center shaft of juicer, aligning handle of strainer with the handle of the pitcher. (Illustration B.)
- For juice with more pulp, separate reamer from strainer by pulling apart. Lock pitcher onto base following instructions in 2. Place reamer onto center shaft of juicer. (Illustration C.) If reamer is used without strainer, the juice will contain pulp and seeds. When serving, pour juice through a slotted spoon to remove the seeds.
5. Plug cord into 120 volt AC outlet.
6. Push down on reamer with halved fruit to start the juicing action. Lift the fruit up off the reamer and the juicer stops. This juicer is designed with an auto-reverse. It automatically reverses direction, from time to time, to make juicing easier.
7. When finished juicing, unplug from outlet, then remove reamer (and strainer if used).
8. To unlock pitcher, hold base and turn pitcher counterclockwise.
9. Pour juice from pitcher.
This juicer is designed to juice citrus fruit such as oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit. For maximum juice, fruit should be room temperature. Before juicing, roll fruit between counter top and palm of your hand. Slice fruit in half, cutting across sections.
HOW TO CLEAN
- Unplug from electrical outlet.
- Lift off reamer (and strainer if used).
- To unlock pitcher, hold base and turn pitcher counterclockwise.
- Lift pitcher to remove.
- The lid, reamer, strainer, and pitcher may be washed in hot, soapy water or in the top rack of an automatic dishwasher.
- Wipe base with a damp cloth.
- Reassemble for storage.
TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Hamilton Beach/Proctor-Silex, Inc. warrants this appliance to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of original purchase, except as noted. There is no warranty with respect to the following, which may be supplied with this appliance: glass parts, glass containers, cutter/strainer, nonstick soleplate and/or nonstick cooking surfaces. This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser and does not cover damage from abuse, neglect, use for commercial purposes, or any other use not found in the printed directions.
HAMILTON BEACH/PROCTOR-SILEX, INC. DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR
CONSQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR INCIDENTAL LOSSES CAUSED BY USE OF THIS APPLIANCE. Some states, or provinces, do not allow this exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential losses, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. If you have a claim under this warranty, DO NOT RETURN THE APPLIANCE TO THE
STORE! Please call our CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER. (For faster service please have model, type, and series numbers ready for operator to assist you.)
In the U.S. 1-800-851-8900 ••• In Canada 1-800-267-2826
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other legal rights
which vary from state to state, or province to province.
Hamilton Beach Proctor-Silex, Inc.
Washington, North Carolina 27889
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!