DIGITAL TEMPLE THERMOMETER
LIN STTHREURCMTIOONM MEATNEURAL
Please read carefully before using
DEVICE DESCRIPTION AND INTENDED USE
The thermometer is an electronic device intended to measure the human body temperature using the forehead as measurement site. It can be used with adult or pediatric patients in household environment.
HOW TO USE
- Make sure the measuring site is dry, clean and free of sweat and cosmetics prior to measurement taking.
- Clean the probe before and after each measurement to prevent cross-contamination, see Cleaning & Disinfection.
- After cleaning and disinfecting the probe, please wait at least 2 minutes to do a measurement.
- Place the probe on the temple. Temple area is located between the outer corner of the eye and the hairline, right on top of the temporal artery area.
- For the most accurate measurements, be sure to hold the probe firmly (but not too hard) on temple.
- Once you have placed the probe on the temple, do not move before the measuring is done.
Doing a Measurement
- Press the ON/OFF button to turn on the device, it will auto self-diagnosis.
- When all symbols appear on the display, the self-diagnosis is finished, it is ready
- After the device beeps twice, place the probe on the measuring site.
- The measurement is done when you hear one long beep.
- Read the temperature on LCD.
- Backlight will light up in accordance with the reading. Please refer to Table 1.
- The device’s fever alarm will beep continuously when the temperature reading
is higher than 99.5°F.
- Press and hold the ON/OFF button to turn off the device or the device will shut
off automatically within 60 seconds of inactivity.
Read-back last memory by NFC
Install OUcare APP from Google play or App Store successfully. OUcare not only collect temperatures but also can do graph for checking temperature’s trend easily.
For Android mobile device: When the device is off, put mobile device
above the thermometer, the last temperature will be read-back and
show on mobile device.
For iPhone7 or above: The iOS should be 11.0 or above. When the
device is off, press the NFC icon of APP then close to the thermometer,
the last temperature will be read-back and show on mobile device.
Refer to the figure of NFC area of iPhone7 in the right.
The thermometer is contraindicated:
- Place the thermometer probe on scarred tissue or tissue compromised by any disorders of measuring site.
- Place the thermometer probe on skin exposed to direct sunlight, fireplace heat, cold compress therapies, air conditioner flow, etc.
- Patients in trauma or treat with certain drug therapies.
Setting °C or °F Scale
- Turn unit on. While 188.8 is still showing press & hold the power button again for 2 seconds.
- As soon as you hear a short beep, immediately press the ON/OFF button again
but hold down for about 2 seconds until you see the °C or °F change. Release the
button as soon as change occurs.
- Press and hold the ON/OFF button again for 2 seconds to switch back and forth
from °C to °F.
- Whichever scale shows when you release the ON/OFF button will be the scale the device will show for the measurement.
- The device will be ready for measuring after the hourglass disappears and you
hear two short beeps.
- To recall a memory, you must begin with the device being powered off.
- Press and hold the ON/OFF button until the last record shows.
- Press and release the ON/OFF button to recall up to 9 previous records.
- If no operation, the device will beep twice indicating it is ready for measuring
- Repeat RECALL MEMORY step 1 and step 2.
- Press and hold the ON/OFF button for about 3 seconds until “dEL”.
- Press and release the ON/OFF button again to delete all stored records in
- The device will power off automatically.
- To stop deleting memory, no operation when you see “dEL”.
- The device will be ready for measuring after 2 seconds.
DEVICE OVERVIEW & DISPLAY OVERVIEW
- Install batteries into the device. Make sure the polarity (+ and -) of the batteries
matches as shown in the battery compartment.
- Press and release the ON/OFF button, the device will be turned on then ready
- Place the probe on the measuring site and wait for a few seconds.
- The measurement is completed with beep.
- Read the temperature on the display.
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
Use only same type of alkaline batteries to avoid incompatibility.
Memory may be erased after replacing a new battery.
- Replace with 2 new AAA batteries simultaneously when the low battery indication appears.
- Remove batteries if the device is not likely to be used for a long period of time.
- Do not dispose the batteries in a fire, the batteries will explode.
- Remove the battery cover to insert batteries.
- Confirm the polarity (+ and -) of batteries are correct as indicated inside the compartment and insert batteries accordingly.
- Replace the battery cover.
CLEANING & DISINFECTION
- To clean and disinfect the device, use a cotton swab or pad moistened with 70% alcohol to wipe the Sensor and Probe.
- Use a cloth dampened with water or neutral detergent to clean and dry the device.
- Do not use thinner, benzene, and other harsh cleaners for cleaning the device.
- Do not immerse the unit in water or liquid of any kind.The unit is not water proof.
- Do not submerge or expose the device to water.
- Do not use corrosive detergent to clean the device. Clean and disinfect the thermometer before and after use.
- Pre-cleaning with cold water wash several times.
- Clean the probe with a solution of 5-10% mild detergent about 10-15 seconds.
- Continuously clean with cold water to avoid any chemical residues remaining on the device.
- Rinse the device with drinking water or distilled water to ensure the removal of all remnants of the cleaning agent.
- If necessary, repeat step 2 through step 4 in order to make sure the device is clean.
- A final wipe down by a clean wipe is necessary to avoid of water stains.
- To disinfect the device when completed the cleaning process.
- Wipe the probe with a cloth dipped in a disinfectant solution such as 70-75% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol solution: contact time ≥10 minutes for disinfection.
- The disinfectant free rinse without residues.
- After cleaning and disinfection process above.
Put the device to air-dry in the room temperature 68-86°F, exposure time around 30-60 minutes.
CARE AND STORAGE
- Do not drop or crush the device. It is not shock proof.
- Do not dismantle or modify the device other than changing the batteries.
- Do not store the device in an extreme environment with direct sunlight, high/low temperatures or in a location with high humidity or severe dust.
Please contact your local agents or distributors if the device does not function properly as specified under Product Specification.
- Read the entire instruction manual before trying to operate the device.
- The device is delivered non-sterile; please clean the device before measuring.
- Stop using the device if malfunctions appear or if it operates abnormally.
- Children should not use the device without the supervision of an adult. Keep out of reach of unsupervised children.
- Do not use the device when flammable materials are around.
- Do not place the device on scarred tissue, open wounds or abrasions.
- Some medications may cause a rise in skin temperature which can consequently lead to incorrect measurements.
- Taking a measurement after skin has been exposed to an extreme condition such as direct exposure to sunlight, fireplace/ heater or air conditioner flow, may lead to incorrect readings.
- If the device has been kept or stored in extreme temperatures, wait at least one hour for the device to return to room temperature before measuring.
- Do not touch the probe, unless the device is taking a measurement.
- The device is not water resistant, please keep dry.
- Do not drop the thermometer or expose it to heavy shock.
- Do not bite or swallow the probe and the battery cover.
- Do not let thermometer come into contact with any thinner or chemical solvents
- Components may be harmful if swallowed. Contact a physician immediately should this occur.
- Do not use it if the display malfunctions or it operates irregularly.
- Do not put this unit in dishwasher.
- Performance of the thermometer may be degraded if: operated or stored outside stated temperature and humidity ranges or if the patient’s temperature is below the ambient (room) temperature.
- Only use the thermometer indoors and do not use it near mobile phones or microwave ovens. In the case of thermometer whose maximum power exceeds 2 W, the minimum distance from thermometer should be 3.3 meters (11 feet).
- The reading is for reference, if you feel sick or uncomfortable, please contact the physician.
- Do not scrape or scratch the probe as it will hamper the effectiveness of the device.
- Do not dismantle the device except when replacing the battery.
- Wait at least thirty minutes after exercising, bathing or eating before taking a measurement.
- If the subject’s body temperature is lower than the room temperature, a false reading may occur.
- To ensure the best performance of the device, please follow the PRODUCT SPECIFICATION “Storage condition” regarding temperature and humidity ranges for storing the device.
- Dispose of the device and batteries according to your local regulatory or environmental protection agency.
ABOUT BODY TEMPERATURE
A person’s normal body temperature can range from 95.9°F to 100.0°F throughout the day. We recommend taking your temperature at different times during the day when you are NOT sick. This will give you a preliminary reference to know what your normal temperature is and how it fluctuates during a normal day. Then, when you feel sick or uncomfortable, knowing this information will provide an index for a reliable diagnosis of a fever.
The device itself (battery excluded) comes with one year warranty from purchase date if it is operated under normal circumstances without evidence of tampering. See exclusions below
- If user does not properly operate the device according to the instructions as described in this manual.
- If the device shows signs of tampering or attempted modification.
- Improper handling, such as dropping, liquid or cleaner damage.
- Natural disasters (such as fire, flood, earthquake, lightning strike).
- If you do not have a receipt or proof of purchase showing date of purchase.
LOT NUMBER INFORMATION
LOT NO.(YYMM) on the device label means the year and month of manufacturing. For example, “1904” means the device was manufactured in April, 2019.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no
guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
● Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
● Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
● Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
● Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Caution: Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Radiation Exposure Statement:
The product comply with FCC portable RF exposure limit set forth for an uncontrolled
environment and are safe for intended operation as described in this manual. The further RF exposure reduction can be achieved if the product can be kept as far as possible from the user body or set the device to lower output power if such function is available.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by 180 INNOVATIONS may void the user’s authority to operate this devise.
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!