Testboy 15 magnetic field tester-led indicator
An additional source of danger is posed my mechanical parts which can cause severe personal injury.
Objects can also be damaged (e.g., the instrument itself can be damaged).
An electric shock can result in death or severe injury. It can also lead to property damage and damage to this instrument.
Never point the laser beam directly or indirectly (on reflective surfaces) towards the eyes. Laser radiation can cause irreparable damage to the eyes. You must first deactivate the laser beam when measuring close to people.
General safety notes
Unauthorized changes or modifications of the instrument are forbidden – such changes put the approval (CE) and safety of the instrument at risk. In order to operate the instrument safely, you must always observe the safety instructions, warnings and the information in the “Proper and Intended Use” Chapter.
Please observe the following information before using the instrument:
- Do not operate the instrument in the proximity of electrical welders, induction heaters and other electromagnetic fields.
- After an abrupt temperature fluctuation, the instrument should be allowed to adjust to the new temperature for about 30 minutes before using it. This helps to stabilize the IR sensor.
- Do not expose the instrument to high temperatures for a long period of time.
- Avoid dusty and humid surroundings.
- Measurement instruments and their accessories are not toys. Children should never be allowed access to them!
- In industrial institutions, you must follow the acci- dent prevention regulations for electrical facilities and equipment, as established by your employer’s liability insurance organization.
Please observe the following five safety rules:
- Ensure that the instrument cannot be turned back on again.
- Ensure isolation from the main supply voltage (check that there is no voltage on both poles).
- Earth and short-circuit.
- Cover neighboring parts that are under live elec- trical load.
Proper and intended use
This instrument is intended for use in applications described in the operation manual only. Any other usage is considered im-proper and non-approved us-age and can result in accidents or the destruction of the instrument. Any misuse will result in the expiry of all guarantee and warranty claims on the part of the operator against the manufacturer.
- Remove the batteries during longer periods of inactivity in order to avoid damaging the instrument.
- We assume no liability for damages to property or per-sonal injury caused by improper handling or failure to observe safety instructions. Any warranty claim expires in such cases. An exclamation mark in a triangle indi-cates safety notices in the operating instructions. Read the instructions completely before beginning the initial commissioning. This instrument is CE approved and thus fulfils the required guidelines.
All rights reserved to alter specifications without prior notice © Testboy GmbH, Germany.
Disclaimer and exclusion of liability
The warranty claim expires in cases of damages caused by failure to observe the instruction! We as-sume no liability for any resulting damage!
Testboy is not responsible for damage resulting from:
- failure to observe the instructions,
- changes in the product that have not been approved by Test- boy,
- the use of replacement parts that have not been approved or manufactured by Testboy,
- the use of alcohol, drugs or medication.
- Correctness of the operating instructions These operating instructions have been created with due care and attention. No claim is made nor guarantee given that the data, illustrations and drawings are complete or correct. All rights are reserved in regards to changes, print failures and er-rors.
For Testboy customers: Purchasing our product gives you the opportunity to return the instrument to collection points for waste electrical equipment at the end of its lifespan.
The WEEE directive regulates the return and recy-cling of electrical appliances. Manufacturers of elec-trical appliances are obliged to take back and recy-cle all electrical appliances free of charge. Electrical devices may then no longer be disposed of through conventional waste disposal channels. Electrical ap-pliances must be recycled and disposed of separate-ly. All equipment subject to this directive is marked with this logo.
Disposing of used batteries
As an end user, you are legally obliged (by the rele-vant laws concerning battery disposal) to return all used batteries. Disposal with normal house-hold waste is prohibited!
Contaminant-laden batteries are labelled with the adjacent symbol which indicates the prohibition of disposal with normal household waste.
The abbreviations used for heavy metals are:
Cd = Cadmium, Hg = mercury, Pb = lead.
You can return your used batteries for no charge to collection points in your community or everywhere where batteries are sold!
Certificate of Quality
All aspects of the activities carried out by Testboy GmbH relat-ing to quality during the manufacturing process are monitored permanently within the framework of a Quality Management System. Furthermore, Testboy GmbH confirms that the testing equipment and instruments used during the calibration process are subject to a permanent inspection process.
Declaration of Conformity
The product conforms to the most recent directives. For more information, go to www.testboy.de
Thank you for choosing a Testboy® 15.
It has professional functions for working on all types of magnetic fields:
Non-contact magnetic field detection
The Testboy® 15 is capable of detecting magnetic fields of all types using the switching circuitry integrated in its tip. This may include solenoid valves in heating systems or in commercial vehicles, printer relays on circuit boards and many other situations.
As a first step, the batteries should be function tested as described below. Put the tip of the magnetic field tester next to the object to be tested (1). The lamp flashes if the component is electrically activated. It is not necessary to halt machines or devices to carry out test procedures.
Remove the testing magnet from the lid of the magnetic field detector and hold close to the probe of the device, which will then light up.
If it does not light up, the batteries should be checked.
Changing the batteries
Insert a screwdriver into the notch (2) and pry the battery compartment cover off. Make sure you insert the batteries the right way round!
- Do not dispose of batteries in normal household rubbish! Use an authorized local collection point!
|Power supply||2 x 1.5 V AAA Micro|
|Degree of protection||IP 40|
|Overvoltage category||CAT III 1000 V|
|Testing standard||IEC/EN 61010-1
(DIN VDE 0411)
Documents / Resources
|Testboy 15 magnetic field tester-led indicator [pdf] Instruction Manual|
15 magnetic field tester-led indicator, 15, magnetic field tester-led indicator, 15 tester-led indicator, 15 indicator