IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USE • HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
This steam mop has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature. It is not recommended to use an extension cord with this product.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
WHEN USING YOUR SHARK® STEAM & SCRUB, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.
- DO NOT leave the steam mop unattended when plugged in. ALWAYS unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet when not in use and before servicing.
- DO NOT use with damaged cord or plug. If steam mop is not working as it should or has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to SharkNinja Operating LLC for examination and repair. Incorrect reassembly or repair can cause a risk of electrical shock or injury when the steam mop is used.
- To protect against a risk of electric shock, DO NOT immerse the steam mop in water or any other liquids.
- DO NOT handle the plug or steam mop with wet hands or operate it without wearing shoes.
- DO NOT pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. DO NOT run steam mop over cord. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- DO NOT unplug by pulling on power cord. To unplug, grasp the plug not the power cord. DO NOT use extension cords or outlets with inadequate current-carrying capacity.
- Unplug before servicing.
- ALWAYS make sure the steam mop is UNPLUGGED when not in use.
- NEVER fill the steam mop or attach the mop head when the steam mop is plugged into an electrical outlet. Unplug from the electrical outlet and allow to cool before you fill the mop, or attach or remove the head.
- When cleaning the exterior of the steam mop, unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet and clean the steam mop with a dry or damp cloth. DO NOT pour water or use alcohol, benzene, or paint thinner on the steam mop.
- To avoid circuit overload, DO NOT operate another appliance on the same socket (circuit) as the steam mop.
- To avoid scalding injuries, ALWAYS unplug and allow the steam mop to cool before removing or changing mop heads, accessories, or Dirt Grip® pads.
- When in use, NEVER turn the steam mop over on its side or direct steam toward people, pets or plants.
- Use the system only for its intended use.
- DO NOT use for space-heating purposes.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- DO NOT allow the steam mop to be used by children. Close attention is necessary when used near children, pets, or plants.
- Use only as described in this owner’s guide.
- Use only the manufacturer’s recommended accessories.
- DO NOT put any objects into the steam nozzle openings. Discontinue use if the steam nozzle is blocked.
- DO NOT put hands or feet under the steam mop. It gets very hot.
- Use ONLY on flat, horizontal surfaces. DO NOT use on walls, counters, or windows.
- DO NOT use on leather, wax polished furniture, synthetic fabrics, velvet, or other delicate, steam sensitive materials.
- DO NOT add cleaning solutions, scented perfumes, oils, or any other chemicals to the water used in the steam mop as this may damage it or make it unsafe for use. If you live in a hard-water area, we recommend using distilled water in your steam mop.
- NEVER leave any Dirt Grip® pads in one spot while using or storing for an extended period, as this may damage your surfaces.
- You can release the Dirt Grip® pads after you have unplugged the steam mop and allowed it to cool.
- Extreme caution should be exercised when using the steam mop to clean stairs.
- NEVER use a steam mop without the Dirt Grip® pads attached.
- Keep your work area well lit.
- Store steam mop indoors in a cool, dry place.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of the body away from openings and moving parts.
- DO NOT carry the steam mop while in use.
- The steam emitted from the steam mop is very hot and may cause scalding. Please use caution when using the steam mop.
- DO NOT use on unsealed wood or unglazed ceramic floors. On surfaces that have been treated with wax and on some unwaxed floors, the sheen may be removed by the heat and steam action.
- ALWAYS test an isolated area of the surface to be cleaned before proceeding. We also recommend that you check the use and care instructions from the floor manufacturer.
- DO NOT scrub any one area for an extended period.
- DO NOT use the steam mop without attaching the Dirt Grip® pads and adding water to the water tank. When you use the steam mop for the first time, it might take longer than the normal 30 seconds to start steaming.
- DO NOT use on unsealed wood or unglazed ceramic floors. On surfaces that have been treated with wax and on some unwaxed floors, the sheen may be removed by the heat and steam action. Test an isolated area of the surface to be cleaned before proceeding. Check the use and care instructions from the floor manufacturer.
- To prolong the life of your steam mop, we recommend using distilled water. Add ONLY water to the tank. Chemicals or cleaning solutions (including vinegar) may damage the steam mop and could be unsafe for you and your family.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
When assembling your steam mop there may be a little water in or around the water tank. This is because we test all our steam mops before you buy them, so you get a quality Shark® Steam & Scrub steam mop.
a Steam Mop Handle
b Quick-Release Cord Holder
c Steam Mop Body
d Mop Head
e Water Tank Lid
f Mode Button
g Dirt Grip® Soft Scrub Pads
h Filling Flask
NOTE: Number of pads may vary. For a list of the number of pads included with this model, see the Quick Start Guide. To order more pads, visit sharkclean.com.
ASSEMBLING YOUR STEAM & SCRUB
STEAM MOP ASSEMBLY
1 Insert the mop handle into the steam mop body until it clicks into place. (fig. 1)
2 To attach the Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads, place BOTH pads flat on the floor with the plastic rings facing up. Align the indent on the rotating discs on the bottom of the mop head with the plastic rings on the pads, then gently lower the mop head onto the pads, pressing until the pads are secured. (fig. 2)
3 To open the water tank, pull the lid down. (fig. 3).
4 Use the filling flask to pour distilled water into the tank (fig. 4). Make sure to not exceed the Max Fill line. When finished, close the tank lid firmly.
USING YOUR STEAM & SCRUB
NOTE: To prolong the life of your steam mop, we recommend using distilled water
NOTE: Sweep or vacuum your floors prior to cleaning with your steam mop.
1 Make sure both pads are properly installed before using.
2 Twist the quick-release cord holder to unwrap the power cord completely (fig. 5). Plug into an electrical outlet.
3 When it’s first plugged in, the unit will be in Standby mode. The 2 Settings Lights below the mode button will blink to indicate Standby mode.
4 To select the steam mode, press the mode button once for LIGHT or twice for NORMAL (fig. 6). Once the mode is selected, tilt the handle down to activate the spinning pads (fig. 7).
TIP: If the handle is not reclined, the mode selection may time out and pads will not spin.
TIP: When cleaning near baseboards, edges, or furniture, you may feel a slight pull from the unit making contact with these surfaces. This is normal and not a cause for concern.
5 Mop with a forward and backward motion.
6 When finished mopping, press the mode button. The blue lights will blink, indicating that the unit is in Standby mode. Once in Standby mode, lift the handle to bring the steam mop back to the upright position and unplug the unit.
7 When the pads have cooled completely, remove them by pulling them off the discs.
8 When the water tank is empty, the unit will stop producing steam. Make sure the unit is unplugged before refilling the water tank.
NOTE: Please wait 2 to 3 minutes for the steam mop to cool off before removing the Dirt Grip® pads. NEVER leave the steam mop with damp or wet Dirt Grip® pads on any floor for an extended period.
INTELLIGENT STEAM CONTROL®
The Shark® Steam & Scrub steam mop has 2 unique Intelligent Steam Control settings so you can select the ideal amount of steam to use for each cleaning task. In NORMAL mode, the pads will spin faster and more steam will be produced than in LIGHT mode. See below for tips on when to use each setting.
|IDEAL FOR THESE SEALED SURFACES||
||Laminate Hardwood Vinyl||Cleaning delicate surfaces Light cleaning and dusting Loosening and lifting light dirt|
||Marble Tile Stone||Basic, everyday cleaning Cleaning large areas Cleaning moderate and heavy traffic areas Sanitizing* floors|
1 Attach clean Dirt Grip® Soft Scrub Pads to the scrubbing mop head.
2 Plug in the unit, tilt the mop handle down towards you, and press the mode button to select the NORMAL setting. The pads will then start spinning.
3 Wait 30 seconds for the unit to begin producing steam.
4 Start mopping with a forward and backward motion on an appropriate sealed hard floor surface. After three minutes, your unit will be ready to sanitize.
5 Move the mop head slowly and evenly over the area to be sanitized while applying continuous downward pressure. Slowly repeat at least 15 times.
* Sanitization studies were conducted under controlled test conditions. Household conditions and results may vary. With mop head in NORMAL mode.
CARING FOR YOUR STEAM & SCRUB
AFTER USE AND STORAGE
1 Press the mode button until the Settings lights below start to blink, indicating that you are in Standby mode. Unplug the cord from the outlet and place the steam mop into the upright position. Let it cool (fig. 8).
2 When the pads have cooled completely, remove them by pulling them off the discs. (fig. 9).
3 After the unit has cooled and the steam has been released, empty the water tank before storing.
Open the tank lid and pour the water out into a sink or bathtub. After all the water has drained out, close the lid.
4 To store the steam mop, wait until after it has cooled and the steam has been released. Store steam mop in a dry protected area until next use.
DIRT GRIP® SOFT SCRUB PADS CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Machine-wash the Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads separately with warm water using liquid detergent.
NEVER USE BLEACH, POWDERED DETERGENT, OR FABRIC SOFTENERS as they may damage the Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads or leave a coating that will reduce their cleaning performance and absorbency. Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads should be line-dried or tumble-dried on a low setting, as this will extend the life of the microfiber fabric (fig. 10).
Loose fibers can indicate wearing of microfiber fabric. DO NOT pull the loose fibers, as this can cause the weave to come undone. Simply trim the loose fibers with scissors (fig. 11).
Replacement Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads For best cleaning results, we recommend replacing the Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads every 3 to 4 months following normal use. As with any fabric, dirt particles, grease, friction, and repeated washing can cause the fibers to break down, and you may notice an increase in the effort needed to push or pull the mop.
You can purchase replacement Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads and other accessories by visiting sharkclean.com.
ORDERING ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES
Makes it simple and convenient to fill the water tank.
|Pack of 4 Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads
Easy-to-attach, reusable pads feature a super-absorbent microfiber for locking in moisture and dirt, and scrubbing material for breaking up tough, stuck-on stains.
POSSIBLE REASONS & SOLUTIONS
|The steam mop isn’t producing any steam.||The steam mop should be securely plugged into an electrical outlet. Check your fuse or circuit breaker or try a different outlet. Make sure the water tank is full, the unit is plugged in, and the mode button is illuminated. If the Settings lights are off, try a different electrical outlet. If the Settings lights are blinking, press the mode button to select a steam setting. If the Settings lights are solid, wait 30 seconds for the unit to warm up. If after following the above steps the steam mop still does not produce any steam, contact Customer Service at 1-800-798- 7398 or visit sharkclean.com|
|The steam mop is producing intermittent steam.||This is normal. For more consistent steam, select the NORMAL setting. Also, make sure the water tank is full.|
|I can’t select a steam setting.||Make sure the steam mop is plugged in and the Settings lights are flashing. If your steam mop is producing steam but the Settings lights are off, call customer service at 1-800-798-7398.|
|Floors are cloudy, streaky, or spotty after steaming.||The Dirt Grip® Soft Scrub Pads might be dirty. Install a clean set of pads. If you washed the Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads with powdered detergent, then they could be damaged and require replacement. Due to accumulated soap or grease residue, the floor may require several cleanings with the Steam Mop. A more stubborn case may require you to rinse the floor with a mix of one part vinegar and two parts water* (but DO NOT put any cleaning solution into the steam mop’s water tank.) *Please consult your flooring manufacturer’s care and maintenance instructions before applying any cleaning products or solutions.|
|It’s hard to push or pull the mop.||The mop might be hard to push or pull if the Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads aren’t wet enough. It should get easier to move the mop across the floor after it’s been running for a few minutes. Overly dirty pads could also make it harder to push or pull the mop. We recommend using clean pads.|
|Rotating discs are not turning or are wobbling.||The steam mop may be in the upright position. Tilt the handle down to use the mop. The Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads may not be centered. Turn the power OFF, unplug the steam mop, waiting for a few moments to allow the pads to cool, then reinstall the Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads.|
|The steam mop is vibrating or wobbling.||The Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads are not centered on the rotating discs. Turn the power OFF and unplug the unit, and wait for the pads to cool. Follow the instructions in the Assembling Your Steam & Scrub section to reinstall the pads.|
|The steam mop turns off on its own.||If the steam mop shuts off in use, it likely needs to cool down. Perform the following steps before you restart cleaning.
1. Turn the steam mop off, unplug it, and remove the pads.
2. Allow the unit to cool for a minimum of 30 minutes.
3. Reinstall the pads. Plugin the steam mop, select your steam mode and begin cleaning.
|Can I use the steam mop on carpets?||No, the steam mop is not designed for carpet cleaning.|
|What surfaces can I use the steam mop on?||The steam mop is designed for use on all sealed hard floor surfaces. We recommend that you first test an isolated area of the floor surface to be cleaned as well as review the use and care instructions from your floor manufacturer.
WARNING: DO NOT use on leather, wax-polished furniture, synthetic fabrics, velvet, or other delicate, steam-sensitive materials.
NOTE: On surfaces treated with wax and on some unwaxed floors, the sheen may be removed by the heat or steam action of the unit. Test an isolated area of flooring first to see if sheen is affected.
|Can I put something other than water in the water tank of the steam mop?||DO NOT add cleaning solutions, vinegar, scented perfumes, oils, or any other chemicals to the water used in this appliance, as this may damage the unit or make it unsafe for use. We recommend using distilled water in your steam mop.|
ONE (1) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The One (1) Year Limited Warranty applies to purchases made from authorized retailers of SharkNinja Operating LLC. Warranty coverage applies to the original owner and to the original product only and is not transferable.
SharkNinja warrants that the unit shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase when it is used under normal household conditions and maintained according to the requirements outlined in the Owner’s Guide, subject to the following conditions and exclusions:
What is covered by this warranty?
1. The original unit and/or non-wearable parts deemed defective, in SharkNinja’s sole discretion, will be repaired or replaced up to one (1) year from the original purchase date.
2. In the event a replacement unit is issued, the warranty coverage ends six (6) months following the receipt date of the replacement unit or the remainder of the existing warranty, whichever is later. SharkNinja reserves the right to replace the unit with one of equal or greater value.
What is not covered by this warranty?
1. Normal wear and tear of wearable parts (such as Shark Cleaner, Pad, etc.), which require regular maintenance and/or replacement to ensure the proper functioning of your unit, are not covered by this warranty. Replacement parts are available for purchase at sharkaccessories.com.
2. Any unit that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes.
3. Damage caused by misuse (e.g., vacuuming up water or other liquids), abuse, negligent handling, failure to perform required maintenance, or damage due to mishandling in transit.
4. Consequential and incidental damages.
5. Defects caused by repair persons not authorized by SharkNinja. These defects include damages caused in the process of shipping, altering, or repairing the SharkNinja product (or any of its parts) when the repair is performed by a repair person not authorized by SharkNinja.
6. Products purchased, used, or operated outside North America.
How to get service
If your appliance fails to operate properly while in use under normal household conditions within the warranty period, visit sharkclean.com/support for product care and maintenance self-help. Our Customer Service Specialists are also available at 1-800-798-7398 to assist with product support and warranty service options, including the possibility of upgrading to our VIP warranty service options for select product categories. So we may better assist you, please register your product online at registeryourshark.com and have the product on hand when you call.
SharkNinja will cover the cost for the customer to send in the unit to us for repair or replacement. A fee of $24.95 (subject to change) will be charged when SharkNinja ships the repaired or replacement unit.
How to initiate a warranty claim
You must call 1-800-798-7398 to initiate a warranty claim. You will need the receipt as proof of purchase. We also ask that you register your product online at registeryourshark.com and have the product on hand when you call, so we may better assist you. A Customer Service Specialist will provide you with return and packing instruction information.
How state law applies
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
REGISTER YOUR PURCHASE
Scan QR code using mobile device
RECORD THIS INFORMATION
Model Number: ____________________
Serial Number: _____________________
Date of Purchase: ___________________
Store of Purchase: ___________________
Voltage: 120V, 60 Hz
Water Capacity: _______ 410 ml (13.9 oz.)
Benefits of registering your product and creating an account:
• Get easier, faster product support and access to warranty information
• Access troubleshooting and product care instructions
• Be among the first to know about exclusive product promotions
TIP: You can find the model and serial numbers on the QR code label on the back of the steam mop.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
SharkNinja Operating LLC
US: Needham, MA 02494
CAN: Ville St-Laurent, QC H4S 1A7
Illustrations may differ from actual products. We are constantly striving to improve our products, therefore the specifications contained herein are subject to change without notice. For SharkNinja U.S. patent information, visit sharkninja.com/uspatents/
© 2021 SharkNinja Operating LLC.
DIRT GRIP, INTELLIGENT STEAM CONTROL, and SHARK have registered trademarks of SharkNinja Operating LLC.
PRINTED IN CHINA