MUD6 USB Condenser Microphone
USB CONDENSER MICROPHONE
USB CONDENSER MICROPHONE
The MUD6 is a high quality condenser microphone with an advanced A/D and USB interface which gives you digital recording capabilities instantly with no external digital interface or software driver required. It is USB compatible with Mac, Windows, and most DAW software programs, including GarageBand. The MUD6 offers premium quality audio recording with ease and mobility, and with its pivoting stand mount and 9.8 ft. (3-meter) USB cable, the MUD6 is a valuable kit for any project studio.
- Smooth, flat frequency response.
- Plug in and start recording, no drivers required.
- Up to 16 bit / 48 kHz sampling.
- Powered by USB power, no external power required.
- Headphone output and volume control.
MUD6 FREQUENCY RESPONSE (SUPERCARDIOID)
SPECIFICATIONS *Note: Specifications are subject to change.
Type – Back Electret Condenser
Polar – Pattern Supercardioid
Frequency – Response 30-18,000 Hz
Sensitivity (at 1k Hz Open Circuit Voltage) -38 dBV/Pa (12.6 mV)
Max. SPL – >135 dB SPL
Power Requirements – USB 5V, 30 mA
Resolution – Up to 16 bit/48k Hz sampling rate
Finish – Champagne silver
Connectors – USB B-TYPE, 1/8”(3.5mm) phone connector
Dimensions – Ø54 × 150 mm (Ø2.13” × 5.9”)
Net Weight – 422 g (14.9 oz)
USB 1.1 or 2.0, powered
64MB RAM (minimum)
Microsoft Windows 7 Microsoft Windows 10 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional Edition (service pack 1.0 or later, or use the USB audio driver update from Microsoft) Microsoft Windows VistaTM Business Edition Apple Computer Mac OS X 10.0 or later Edition Apple Computer Mac OS X 10.1 or later Edition
A USB Power Indicator When it is lit up, it means the USB connection is done and MUD6 get the power from USB interface.
B Headphone Volume Control Pop-out level control to adjust the overall volume of the Headphone output.
C Headphone Output Jack 1/8-inch (3.5mm) stereo jack for connecting headphones or studio monitors.
D USB connector MUD6 involves a USB B-type connector, it is allowed to connect to laptop with USB A-type jack.
ON A TABLE
Through optional table stand HM6, You may put the MUD6 on a table and do recording.
ON A STAND
By using a microphone stand, the MUD6 can be mounted on it for recording.
CONNECTIONS USB CONNECTOR
A separated 3-meter cable with USB A-type connector allowed to be connected to a computer with USB port.
*Notice: The included USB cable is for laptop with A-type connector. For computer with another connector type (ex. C-type), please use connector adaptor.
- You can position the MUD6 on an optional stand by using included accessories.
- Be sure to position the side of grille net to the sound source and keep the Perrycom logo and LED indicator face the direction of sound source.
- Plug the B type connector of the included USB cable into the USB socket on the bottom of the MUD6.
- Now, plug the other end of the USB cable into an available powered USB port on your computer.
Notice: Be sure to check the USB audio device driver setup for Windows and Mac OS to confirm your computer has recognized the MUD6.
Next, launch your DAW, turn down the
- main output level and select the MUD6 for the input.
- Set up a mono record track in your DAW.
- Now, setup the level of the MUD6 and there are few ways to do this depending on your computer system. You can set the microphone’s input level in the Sound playback in Windows or in the Sound dialog box in the System Preferences if you are using the MAC OS.
- Set level of the microphone by raising the Input level control in your DAW or system to about half way up.
- Next, put on your headphones that is connected to the headphone output of MUD6, position the MUD6 to the sound source then adjust the volume control until you reach a comfortable listening level.
Now, follow the instructions of your DAW software to enable the track for recording and you’re ready to record.
Notice: If the microphone level of MUD6 are too loud or not enough, please check your DAW software or refer to Troubleshooting page in this manual to adjust the level in Windows and Mac computer system.
USB AUDIO EQUIPMENT DRIVER
If you encounter a problem, please check whether driver has been setup successfully. WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM
1 Hit “Control Panel” >> Hit “Hardware and Sound”
2 Sound >> Hit “Manage audio devices”
3 Hit “Recording” tab >> Click “MUD6” >> Click “Set Default” to select MUD6 as the default microphone.
Notice: If there is already the green tick next to the MUD6 microphone symbol and the “Set Default” button is not able to be hit (dark gray color), the MUD6 has been selected as the default device successfully.
4 Hit “Properties” >> hit “Level” tab to adjust the microphone input gain.
If you would like to use the equipped headphone output jack of MUD6 as the
5 monitoring: Hit “Playback” tab >> Click “MUD6” >> Click “Set Default” to select MUD6 as the default microphone.
*Notice: If there is already the green tick next to the MUD6 speaker symbol and the “Set Default” button is not able to be hit (dark gray color), the MUD6 has been selected as the default device successfully.
6 Hit “Properties” >> hit “Level” tab to adjust the headphone output volume.
After that, please use the headphone volume knob on the MUD6 to do real-time
MAC OS OPERATING SYSTEM
1 Open the Sound Preference window from System Preferences. Select MUD6 from both the Input and Output tabs.
2 Garage Band users:
open Garage Band before plugging in the microphone to automatically select
the USB device.
USING THE DIRECT MONITOR
1 To turn direct monitoring on or off, open the Audio/MIDI Setup utility located in the Utility folder inside the Applications folder. 16
2 Now click the checkbox in the Thru column in Audio/MIDI Setup.
No sound in headphones – Check the headphone volume control and microphone gain at
computer control panel.
Microphone sound is too week or distorted
Windows: Audio tab, click Volume under Record and turn up Microphone Gain Control.
Mac: From System Preferences, Choose Sound, Select Input tab and turn up Input gain.
Headphones are not loud enough
Windows: Audio tab, click Volume under Sound playback and turn up Volume Control.
Mac: From System Preferences, Choose Sound, Select Output tab and turn up Output volume.
For compliance with the instructions which record in the user manual, Perrycom Enterprise provide one year period warranty for all material and producing quality from purchase date. This warranty term will adjust according to different country or area. Please contact local distributor to receive more information. In the validity period, if there’s any material, producing quality, or any function unavailable, Perrycom will repair or replace the parts. This warranty is only for the product which selling by distributor or agent which authorized by Perrycom. However, the situation below is excluded in the warranty : The damage which caused by accident, abuse, improper instructions, self-modification and repair, or damage from transportation, not complying with the instructions which record in the manual, repair by the company which didn’t authorized by Perrycom Enterprise, request by distributor without authorized, or the serial number sticker on Perrycom product is unidentified, modified, or removed. All repair of Perrycom products can only accept from repair centre, distributor or agent which authorized by Perrycom. Unauthorized repair, maintenance and modification will not receive relevant warranty and will be excluded in the warranty. Any repair guarantee under warranty need to provide selling receipt from authorized distributor or agent to make sure your Perrycom product still in the warranty period. To obtain the original authorized repair warranty, please contact authorized distributor, agent or send an e-mail to [email protected] to contact us.
WARNING! INDICATES A POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS SITUATION WHICH IF MISHANDLED COULD RESULT IN DEATH OR SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
- Do not expose the unit to rain or an environment where it may be splashed by water or other liquids as doing so may result in fire or electric shock.
- Do not attempt to modify this product. Doing so could result in personal injury and/or product failure.
- Do not subject to extreme force and do not pull on the cable, it might cause the product failures.
- Keep this product and the equipment which used together dry and avoid to exposure to extreme high temperature and humidity.
Made in china 19
Marketing and sales Perrycom +886-15995670339 [email protected]
Documents / Resources
|Perrycom MUD6 USB Condenser Microphone [pdf] User Manual|
MUD6, USB Condenser Microphone, MUD6 USB Condenser Microphone