Donner PD12 Intelligent Noise Gate and Effects Loop Pedal Owner's Manual
Read Carefully Before Proceeding
Please keep this manual in a convenient place for future reference.
Always use a DC 9V, center negative, 200mA AC adapter. Use of an adapter other than that specified could damage the unit or cause malfunction and pose a safety hazard. Always connect the AC adapter to an AC outlet that supplies the rated voltage required by the adapter.
Disconnect the AC adapter from the AC outlet when during lightning storms or not using the unit for an extended period.
Always turn off the power before connecting or disconnecting. Make sure to disconnect all cables and AC adapter before moving the unit. This will help prevent malfunction and damages.
Avoid using the unit in any of the following conditions that could cause malfunction:
- Extremely hot or cold places;
- Under direct sunlight;
- Magnetic fields;
- Near heaters and other heat sources;
- Sandy or dusty places;
- Places that are extremely humid or exposed to splashing water;
- Places with lots of vibrations.
Devices that are very susceptible to interference or that emits powerful electromagnetic waves (e.g. radios and TVs) should not be placed near this unit, as interference could occur. Electromagnetic interference could cause malfunction and could corrupt or destroy data.
Always operate this unit at a suitable distance from these devices.
Do not apply excessive force to the switches and other controls, exposing the unit to strong impacts, which could cause it to break.
Do not put foreign objects or liquids into the unit.
Never open the case or attempt to modify the product in anyway since this can result in damage to the unit. Clean only with a soft dry cloth.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
-Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
-Consult the dealer or an experienced radian technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Donner Soph Gate is an intelligent noise gate and effects loop pedal that gives you a noise-free and full dynamic performance. With the intelligent noise gate algorithm, it
can fully reduce the unwanted noise whatever you are using some distortion pedals or a high gain big noise amplifier. Threshold, Attack, Release, Hold and Return parameters help you set up your tone that easy to suit for all kinds of music genre. Send and return FX loop for patching noisy pedals or amplifier through or creatively sidechaining in other audio signals, provide you a satisfied noise cutting instrument playing solution. True bypass allows for optimum clarity and zero high-end loss. Once you are using Soph Gate, you will never want to remove it from your pedal board.
- Intelligent noise gate algorithm provides you a noise-free and full dynamic performance
- Effects loop for patching noisy pedals or amplifier through or creatively sidechaining in other audio signals
- Threshold, Attack, Release, Hold and Return parameters help you set up your tone that easy to suit for all kinds of music genre.
- True Bypass keeps your tone characters
- Compact design, rugged chassis.
- DC IN: Input for power supply, use a 9V DC regulated power EB-C–0 supply 200mA, center pin negative.
- Threshold knob: Specifies the level at which the gate opens, controls how much level is needed to open the noise gate and allow your signal to pass through, rangefrom-60dB to O dB.
- Attack knob: Time that it takes for the gate to open fully once the threshold is exceeded, range from 0.5ms to 500ms.
- Hold switch: Controls the minimum amount of time that the gate must stay open after the threshold is exceeded, Quick=1ms, Slow=100ms.
- Return knob: Sets the difference between the threshold level that opens the gate and the level that closes it. Higher Return values reduce “chatter” caused
by the gate rapidly opening and closing when the input signal is near the threshold, range from Od B to 20dB.
- Release knob: Time that it takes for the gate to fully close after the signal falls below the threshold, range from 10ms to 1000ms.
- Send: 1/4″ mono audio jack for connecting to the input of distortion pedal, amplifier, or the beginning of your effects loop to achieve sidechain.
- Return: 1/4″ mono audio jack for connecting to the output of distortion pedal, amplifier (preamp output), or the end of your effects loop to achieve sidechain.
- Output: 1/4″ mono audio jack, effect output for connection to amp or other devices.
- Input: 1/4″ mono audio jack for connecting to the input device or instrument.
- LED: Indicates the effect on/off and the gate open or close.
- Footswitch: Engages and disengages the effect and sidechain.
Notes: Stomp Box sidechain setup is designed for setting the noisy distortion pedal at the sidechain in order to reduce the gain noise but also can set the threshold in a low position. It can keep your high gain tone without noise gate tone losing. Please remember turn on the Soph Gate to get your high gain tone. When the Soph Gate is turned off, there will only the clean signal go through your chain.
Sidechain Setup (4 cable method with Amp):
Notes: 4 cable method sidechain setup is designed for the high gain amp when using the high gain channel. It can reduce the amp noise like “hum” and “Sissie” and keep your amp tone. Please remember turn on the Soph Gate to get your high gain tone. When the Soph Gate is turned off, there will only the clean signal go through your chain, means it will pass your chain signal to the power amp part.
- Connect the power, use a 9V DC regulated power supply EB-C–0 more than 200mA. center pin negative.
- Connect your instrument amp and pedal as listed above.
- Press the On/Off button to turn on Soph Gate. Recommend you start with THRESHOLD, ATTACK, RETURN and RELEASE set to its minimum position. Turn up the volume knob on your guitar but hold the strings to stop any feedback. You should hear noise coming through your amplifier. Turn up the THRESHOLD knob until the noise disappears, then continue to turn it up just a little more; this setting makes for a good starting point.
- Play some riffs or solo, adjust the A TT ACK and RELEASE to set the gate opening and closing time. Also you should adjust the HOLD switch to set the hold time to get your comfortable position.
- When you hear “chatter” caused by the gate rapidly opening and closing, turn up the RETURN to get smooth tone tail.
- Enjoy your playing.
Thank you for ordering from Donner! This is Donner Customer Service Team.
After received the package, please test and see if there’s any problem. Any problem please feel free to contact us by amazon (the order page) or the email address below.
Thank you again for choosing Donner! Please enjoy making your own music.
Donner Customer Service Team.
Documents / Resources
|Donner PD12 Intelligent Noise Gate and Effects Loop Pedal [pdf] Owner's Manual|
PD12 Intelligent Noise Gate and Effects Loop Pedal, PD12, Intelligent Noise Gate and Effects Loop Pedal