This problem may be caused by one of the following situations:
- Severe weather such as heavy rain or snow can interfere with the signal, causing pixelation or picture freeze.
- Obstructions such as tree limbs or buildings can block your dish’s clear view of our satellite. Excessive water may pool on the face of your dish and cause service interruptions.
Here are some basic troubleshooting steps that may resolve the problem immediately:
- Reset your DIRECTV receiver by unplugging it for 15 seconds, then plugging it back in.*
- If anything is obstructing your dish’s clear view of the satellite, you should contact a professional to remove them, or Contact DirecTV at 800.531.5000 for assistance.
- If there is excessive water buildup and your dish is easily accessible, wipe it off with a soft cloth. In colder climates where ice can build up on the dish, a dish heater or cover can aid in keeping it clear.
- If your signal strength is lower than 70 (60 or lower on HD receivers), contact a professional installer to realign your dish or Contact DirecTV. Your system manual explains how to check your signal strength.
*Unplugging your receiver may also reset some of your preferences. Please be sure to check your Parental Controls and other features.