Directions for use – V977 Forehead thermometer
- Press the “Power” button on front of unit. The LCD is activated to show all segments for 2 seconds.
- The last measurement reading will be shown on the display automatically for 3 seconds with the “M” icon.
- When the “°F” icon is flashing, a beep sound is heard, and the thermometer is ready for the measurement.
- Place the probe gently and flush onto the area approximately 1/2 inch above the center of the eyebrow. If the eyebrow area is covered with hair, sweat, or dirt, please clean the area beforehand to improve reading accuracy.
- Press the “Power” button once and release it. Start to move the instrument steadily from 1/2 inch above the center of the eyebrow to 1/2 inch above the tail of the eyebrow area and back up again. A long beep will sound after 3 seconds to signal that the measurement is complete. If the probe movement is too slow to reach the tail of the eyebrow before the long beep sound is heard, repeat the measurement, as described above in Step 4, and move the probe a little more quickly this time.
- Read the recorded temperature from the LCD display.
To avoid an inaccurate measurement, note the following:
- Patients should stay in steady-state room condition for at least 30 minutes.
- Don’t remove the measurement device from the measuring area before hearing the final beep.
- Don’t take a measurement while or immediately after nursing a baby.
- Don’t use the forehead thermometer in high-humidity environments.
- Patients should not drink, eat, or be physically active before/while taking the measurement.
- Before placing the thermometer sensor onto the measurement area, remove dirt, hair, or sweat.
- Use an alcohol swab to carefully clean the sensor and wait for 5 minutes before taking a measurement of another person.
- Always take the temperature in the same location, because the temperature readings may vary from different locations.
- In the following situations, it is recommended that 3 temperatures in the same location be taken and the highest one taken as the reading:
- Newborn infants in the first 100 days
- Children under 3 years of age with a compromised immune system and for whom the presence or absence of fever is critical
- When the user is learning how to use the thermometer for the first time until he/she has familiarized himself/herself with the instrument and obtains consistent readings
Important Safety Instructions
- Never use the thermometer for purposes other than those it has been intended for. Please follow the general safety precautions when using on children.
- Never immerse the Forehead Thermometer into water or other liquids (it is not waterproof).
- Keep the instrument away from direct exposure to the sun, and keep it in a dust-free, dry area at a temperature between 60.8° and 104°F.
- Do not use the thermometer if there are signs of damage on the measuring sensor or on the instrument itself. If damaged, do not attempt to repair the instrument. Please contact our Consumer Relations Department at 1-800-477-0457.
- This Forehead Thermometer consists of high-quality precision parts. Do not drop the instrument. Protect it from severe impact and shock. Do not twist the instrument or the measuring sensor.
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!