Anker Roav VIVA Pro
Important Safety Instructions
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This manual contains important safety and operating instructions for the car charger of Roav VIVA Pro (Model R5142).Please read and understand all instructions before using this product. If damage is caused by failure to follow the instructions, the warranty does not apply.
- Read all instructions and cautionary markings before using this product.
- Do not expose to rain, moisture, or snow.
- Use of an attachment is not recommended or sold by the manufacturer may result in a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Do not operate this car charger if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or otherwise damaged in any way; take it to a qualified service person.
- Do not disassemble this car charger; take it to a qualified service person when service or repair is required. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire.
- To reduce risk of electric shock, unplug this car charger before attempting any maintenance or cleaning. Turning off controls will not reduce this risk.
- To reduce risk of fire or electric shock, do not interconnect output terminations.
- Avoid long exposure to direct sunlight, which may cause damage to the device.
- Exposing this product to open flames may cause it to explode.
- Do not use this product in strong magnetic fields.
- Use a dry, soft lint-free cloth to clean. Do not use any corrosive cleaner or oil to clean.
- CAUTION – For continued protection against risk of fire, replace only with the same type and ratings of fuse, fuse rating is 32V DC / 7A.
- Always obey traffic laws and pay attention to the road. Do not attempt to use this device while driving, as some features are limited while the vehicle is in motion. Failure to pay full attention to the operation of your vehicle could result in death, serious injury or property damage. You assume total responsibility and risk for using this device.
- Note: Please contact our customer service center if Roav VIVA Pro cannot fit into your car’s cigarette lighter socket. You can return your Roav VIVA Pro for a full refund.
- Supports voice control via the Amazon Alexa voice service.*
- 2-port USB PowerIQ car charger by Anker.
- Voice activated navigation.
- Hands -free calls and music.
- Aux-Out socket.
- FM transmitter
* Read the Skills Cards to find more commands to ask Alexa.
- USB charging port
- Multifunction button
- LED ring indicator
- Button Controls
Alexa Voice Service Mode
Timer & Alarm Mode
Using Roav VIVA Pro
- Plug Roav VIVA Pro into your vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket and then start the engine; the LED ring indicator will shine blue with a circulating cyan light.
2. Download the Roav VIVA app from the App Store (smartphones running iOS 10.2 or higher) or Google Play (smartphones running Android 5.0 or higher).
3. Enable Bluetooth on your smartphone. Open the ROAV VIVA app and create a user account. For the best user experience, enable all the access requests that ROAV VIVA might need.
4. Select Roav VIVA Pro_XXXX from the accessory list, and then connect.
Note: Do not pair your Roav VIVA Pro through your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings menu in advance
Connecting with Your Car’s Stereo via Bluetooth
Follow the on-screen instructions in the Roav VIVA app to complete the Bluetooth pairing process.
- Use the Roav VIVA app to connect your Roav VIVA Pro. Once connected, the LED ring indicator will turn blue.
- Connect your phone to your car’s stereo system via Bluetooth.
Note: If your car supports Android Auto or Car Play system, you can also connect to the car stereo by using a USB cable.
Connecting with Your Car via FM Signal
Follow the on-screen instructions in the Roav VIVA app to complete the connection via FM signal.
- Select the FM radio mode.
2. Tap “Add to Favorites” to customize your favorite radio frequency. Once chosen, the previous favorite presets are replaced by the new ones.
3. Adjust the slider or tap I>/<I to choose a radio frequency.
4. Turn on the FM radio in your car and tune it to an unoccupied frequency (you will hear white noise). Make sure the transmitting frequency matches the frequency your radio is tuned to.
4. Tap “Play test audio” to complete the connection. You will hear the audio from the car speakers.
You can also connect Roav VIVA Pro to your car’s stereo by using a 3.5 mm AUX cable.
Using Roav VIVA Pro with Alexa
Roav VIVA Pro comes with a voice service feature. You can play music, get turn-by-turn navigation, manage everyday tasks, and easily control smart devices by using your voice.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in the Roav VIVA app to login with your Amazon account.
- To activate the voice service feature, say the wake word “Alexa” or press “Multifunction Button” .
Note: For a better user experience, say Alexa, and then say your command after hearing the “dong” sound.
- Roav VIVA Pro will respond instantly.
- Read the Skills Cards to learn more Alexa commands.
- Visit alexa.amazon.com/ for more information, or download Amazon Alexa app on your iOS/Android device.
- To enable more skills on your device, please visit the “Skills” page on alexa.amazon.com/.
Charge Your Devices
Roav VIVA Pro has two USB charging ports. You can charge two devices at the same time with a maximum output of 5V / 4.8A.
Remove Roav VIVA Pro from your vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket when the engine is turned off. The Roav VIVA Pro battery can last for up to 15 days in standby mode.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- DC input: 12V – 24V
- Power output: 5V 4.8A Max
- Bluetooth: V4.1
- Bluetooth transmission distance: 33 ft / 10 m
- FM frequency range: 87.5-107.9 MHz
- Aux output socket: 3.5 mm
- Operating temperature: -20°C to 40°C / -4°F to 104°F
- Storage temperature: -40°C to 85°C / -40°F to 185°F
- This device in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU. All essential radio test suites have been carried out.
- This product can be used across EU member states.
- The device complies with RF specifications when the device used at 20mm form your body BT Operating Frequency Range: 2402~2480MHz;
This product is designed and manufactured with high quality materials and components, which can be recycled and reused.
This symbol means the product must not be discarded as household waste, and should be delivered to an appropriate collection facility for recycling. Proper disposal and recycling helps protect natural resources, human health and the environment. For more information on disposal and recycling of this product, contact your local municipality, disposal service, or the shop where you bought this product.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Warning: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Radio Frequency Exposure Statement
The device has been evaluated to meet general RF exposure requirements. The device can be used in fixed/mobile exposure condition. The min separation distance is 20cm.
Trademark Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. “Android” is a registered trademark of Google Inc. in the United States and other countries. “iOS” is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. in the United States and other countries.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
1. My smartphone is unable to connect to the car stereo via Bluetooth.
- Make sure the Bluetooth connection of your car’s stereo is enabled. Is the car stereo able to connect to your smartphone when Roav VIVA is not in use? If yes, connect the car stereo first then connect F4 through the Roav VIVA app.
- Restart the Bluetooth connection on your smartphone and, try again.
- Enable Airplane mode on your smartphone and then try again.
- Restart your smartphone.
2. My car’s stereo doesn’t play any sound when the Alexa Voice System is broadcasting.
- Make sure your smartphone is connected to the car stereo.
- Make sure you have Bluetooth Media chosen on your vehicle stereo.
- Make sure the volume control on your smartphone is switched on.
- Make sure the volume control of the car stereo is switched on.
Anker Innovations Limited Room 1318-19, Hollywood Plaza, 610 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong © Anker Innovations Limited. All rights reserved. ROAV and the ROAV logo are trademarks of Anker Innovations Limited, registered in the United States and other countries.
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!