Yezz GO 3 Touch Screen Smartphone User Guide
FOR YOUR SAFETY
Read these simple guidelines. Not following them may be dangerous or against local laws and regulations.
SWITCH OFF IN RESTRICTED AREAS
Switch the device off when mobile phone use is not allowed or when it may cause interference or danger, for example, in aircraft, in hospitals or near medical equipment, fuel, chemicals, or blasting areas. Obey all instructions in restricted areas
ROAD SAFETY COMES FIRST
Obey all local laws. Always keep your hands free to operate the vehicle while driving. our first consideration while driving should be road safety.
All wireless devices may be susceptible to interference, which could affect performance.
Only qualified personnel may install or repair this product.
BATTERIES, CHARGERS, AND OTHER ACCESSORIES
Use only batteries, chargers, and other accessories approved by YEZZ Mobile for usewith this device. Third-party chargers that comply with the IEC/EN 62684 standard, and that can connect to your device micro USB connector, may be compatible. Do
not connect incompatible products.
KEEP YOUR DEVICE DRY
Your device is not water-resistant. Keep it dry
The device screen is made of glass. This glass can break if the device is dropped on a hard surface or receives a substantial impact. If the glass breaks, do not touch the glass parts of the device or attempt to remove the broken glass from the device. Stop using the device until the glass is replaced by qualified service personnel.
PROTECT YOUR HEARING
To prevent possible hearing damage, do not listen at high volume levels for long periods. Exercise caution when holding your device near your ear while the loudspeaker is in use.
YEZZ mobile reserves the right to change products at any time without being obliged to adjust earlier supplies accordingly. Do not make any adjustments and modifications that are not described in this manual. Follow all safety instructions to ensure proper operation of the device. The manufacturer assumes no liability for damages resulting from non-compliance with the safety instructions
- Protect the device from rain or water to prevent a short circuit.
- Do not expose the device to excessive heat caused by placing it on a heatingdevice or in direct sunlight.
- Protect the cables from damage by being trapped, particularly at the plugs andwhere cables exit the housing.
- Back up your data and recordings. The manufacturer’s warranty does not cover loss of data resulting from user actions.
- Do not perform any maintenance operations that are not described in this user manual. Do not disassemble the device into its component parts to carry out repairs. The device may only be repaired in authorized service centers.
If the battery is mishandled, it can burst, cause a fire or even chemical burns. Observe the following cautions.
- Do not disassemble.
- Do not crush and do not expose the battery pack to any shock or force suchashammering, dropping or stepping on it
- Do not short circuit and do not allow metal objects to come into contact with thebattery terminals. Do not expose to high temperature above 60°C (140°F).• Do not incinerate or dispose of in fire.
- Do not handle damaged or leaking batteries.
- Keep the battery out of the reach of small children.
- Keep the battery dry
The device operates with SD memory cards up to 128 GB in capacity. YEZZ mobile uses approved industry standards for memory cards, but some brands may not be fully compatible with your device. Using an incompatible memory card may damage your device or the memory card and can corrupt data stored on the card.
Formatting a memory card erases all data on the card. Before formatting the memory card, make backup copies of all important data stored on the card. The manufacturer’s warranty does not cover loss of data resulting from user actions. Formatting the memory card on a computer may cause incompatibilities with your device. Format the memory card only on the device.
- Set the volume to a moderate level and do not use head-phones to listen for excessively long periods of time.
- Be particularly careful to avoid adjusting the volume to a level that your hearing cannot deal with.
- Do not turn the volume up so high that you cannot hear what is going on around you.
- In potentially dangerous situations you must be very careful, or temporarily discontinue use.
- Do not use headphones while operating a motorized vehicle, cycling, or skateboarding, etc. You could be a hazard to your-self and other road users, and possibly be breaking the law
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to YEZZ mobile:
To fully benefit from the service that YEZZ mobile offers, visit our Website for support information such as user manuals, new products, warranty information and more.
Keys and parts
Explore the keys and parts of your new phone.
- Front camera
- Touch button
- Headphone Connector
- Charge connector
- Volume keys
- Power button
- Flash LED
|Allow you to turn on/off the device and to lock the screen.|
|Volume||Allow you to adjust the volume of ringing and notifications. Also allows you to adjust the volume of multimedia content playback.|
|Allow you to return to the previous menu or screen. Also allow you to close some applications.|
|Home||It takes you directly to the home screen, leaving any application open.|
|Allow you to access to the functions menu of the application or screen you are.|
The screen of your mobile phone is designed as follows:
Learn about the icons that are displayed on the top of the screen, indicating the status of the phone
Search for Bluetooth devices
|Bluetooth connection established|
Do not disturb mode using only alarms
Mobile data connection (2G, 3G,4G o H+)
|Do not disturb mode without notifications|
Event scheduled on the calendar
Insert the SIM card
Read on to learn how to insert your SIM card into your phone.
Your device uses a nano-SIM card. Use only original nano-SIMcards. Useof incompatible SIM cards, or use of SIM card adapters, may damage the card or the device, and may corrupt data stored on the card.
Switch the device off and disconnect the charger and any other device before inserting the SIM cards.
- At the down corner of your phone, put the nail of your thumb finger in the seam between the screen frame and the back cover. Press the middle of the back cover, and bend the cover to loosen the top hooks. Remove the cover.
Tip: Do not use any sharp tools, as they may damage the screen
- If the battery is installed, remove it.
- Push the SIM into the SIM slot until it is fully inserted. Make sure the contact area is facing down. Your phone has 2 SIM card slots to allow you use 2 SIM cards and switch between them.
On a dual SIM card device, you can set the default SIM cards for make calls, SMSmessages and use mobile data in Settings> Network & internet > SIM cards> Select the SIM card of your choice for mobile data, calls and SMS messages.
Without inserting a SIM card, you can use your phone’s non-network services and some menus.
- Line up the battery contacts, and replace the battery.
- Press the back of the cover until it snaps into place.
Insert the memory card (optional)
Learn how to insert your memory card into your phone.
Use only compatible memory cards approved for use with this device. Incompatible cards may damage the card and the device and corrupt data stored on the card.
Formatting the memory card on a computer may cause incompatibilities with your device. Format the memory card only on the device.
Your phone supports memory cards with a capacity of up to 128 GB.Make sure your phone is switched off.
- At the down corner of your phone, put the nail of your thumb finger in the seambetweenthe screen frame and the back cover. Press the middle of the back cover, and bend the cover to loosen the top hooks. Remove the cover.
Tip: Do not use any sharp tools, as they may damage the screen.
- If the battery is installed, remove it.
- Push the memory card into the memory card slot until it locks into place.
- If the battery is installed, remove it.
- Push the memory card into the memory card slot until it locks into place.FIRST START- UP
FIRST START- UP
Learn how to get your new phone up and running.
Your new phone comes with great features that will be installed when you start your phonefor the first time. Allow some minutes for you phone to be ready.
Switch the phone on
Are you ready? Switch your phone on, and start exploring it. Long press the power button. Type in your PIN number (if it is needed).
Switch the phone off
Press and hold the power button to open the device options dialog. Tap “Power Off” in thedialog window. The device will shut down
Restart the phone
Press and hold the power button to open the device options dialog. Tap “Restart” in thedialog window. The device will reboot.
Press and hold the power button to open the device options dialog. Tap “Screenshot” inthe dialog window. The device will take the screenshot.
Press and hold the power button to open the device options dialog. Tap “Emergency” inthe dialog window. You can dial the emergency number of your country
Charge your phone
Your battery has been partially charged at the factory, but you may need to recharge it before you can switch the phone on for the first time. Make sure you use a compatible USB charger to charge your phone.
- Connect the USB cable to the charger and plug the charger into a wall outlet.
- Connect the Micro – USB end of the charger’s cable to your phone.
- When the battery is full, disconnect the charger from the phone, then fromthe wall outlet.
Don’t use incompatible/unauthorized chargers. If the battery is charged under unacceptable conditions (for example: usage in restricted temperature ranges, over voltage, or over current with unauthorized chargers), the battery may catch on fire, smoke, explode, or cause heat generation.
Connect the headset
Enjoy your favorite music, you use headset as an antenna to operate the FMradioapplication, or free your hands for other things during a call. Connect the headset to your phone.
Learn how to get the most out of your new phone.
Get to know your phone
Your phone has two views, the home screen and the application menu. To see theapplication menu, just swipe from bottom to top.
Check notifications on your phone
Want to check your latest mails or messages quickly? Or to connect to a WiFi network easily? You can quickly check notifications, change some settings and more, in thenotification panel that opens from the top of the screen.
Swipe down from the top of the screen
In this screen, you can:
- See your missed calls and recent unread mails and messages
- Check any notifications, such as available app updates in Play Store
- Open apps
- Check for WiFi networks, and connect to them
- Quickly jump to settings
To close the menu, press the back key
Change the volume
If you have trouble hearing your phone ringing in noisy environments, or calls are too loud, you can change the volume to your liking.
Personalize your ringtone and other tones
Want to change the notification tones your phone uses, for example, for calls, messages, and more? You can personalize your phone tones.
Go to Settings > Sound > Select the type of ringtone or alert you want to change, and select the sound
Take a screenshot
You can take screenshots of what’s on your phone screen.
- Press the volume down key and the power key at the same time.
- To view or manage the screenshots you’ve taken, go to Files > Images > Screenshots
From the device option dialog you can take a screenshot.
- . Press and hold the power button to open the device options dialog. Tap “Screenshot” in the dialog window. The device will take the screenshot.
Clock and calendar
Keep track of time – learn how to use your phone as a clock, as well as an alarmclock, stopwatch, timer and how to keep your appointments, tasks, and schedules up to date
Set an alarm
You can use your phone as an alarm clock.
Go to Clock app > alarm > Set the time, fill in the alarm details, and tap OK.
Tip: By default, when the alarm sounds, you can snooze the alarm when you press the volume buttons.
Add an appointment
Need to remember an appointment? Add it to your calendar.
Tap Calenda app > Touch select the type of event to add > Type in the details you want, and set the time
Tip: To edit an event, tap and hold the event you want, tap edit, and edit the details you want.
Delete an appointment
Tap and hold the appointment, and tap delete.
Learn to make or answer calls in this section
Call a contact
Calling your friends is quick and easy when you’ve saved them as contacts in your phone.
On the start screen, select > and Tap the contact and the number, if the contact has several numbers
Tip:Press the volume key to change the volume of the call.
Tip: Want to let others hear the conversation? Tap speaker.
Call a phone number
On the start screen, select > Tap , type in the phone number, and tap call icon. To type in the + character, used for international calls, tap and hold 0.
Call the last dallied number
Trying to call someone, but they are not answering? It is easy to call them again. In the call history view, you can see information about the calls you have made and received.
Silence an incoming call
When someone calls you, press the volume key or power off key
You can send and receive different kinds of messages
- Text messages
- Multimedia messages that contain your pictures
Messages and chats between you and a particular contact are arranged into conversation.
You can send text messages that are longer than the character limit for a single message. Longer messages are sent as two or more messages. Your service provider may charge accordingly.
Characters with accents, other marks, or some language options, take more space,limiting the number of characters that can be sent in a single message
Select and after Start chat > Type in the phone number or contact name on thefield or touch to access to Contacts > Type in your message >Touch to send the message.
You can save and organize your friends’ phone numbers, addresses, and other contact information in the phonebook feature.
Create, edit, or delete a contact
Add a new contact
Touch Contacts then touch on the bottom to add a new contact.
Fill the contact information (Name, Last name and phone number). You can add more fields such as, email, address
Save the added contact.
Edit a contact
Select the contact and Edit it. If the contact has several accounts linked in the contact card
select an account.
Select a contact detail, edit the fields, and select .
Delete a contact
You can delete one contact at one time, or remove multiple ones by selecting, or delete all of them at one time. Check the steps below to delete contacts on your phone
- Delete one Android contact at a time
Step 1: Tap the Contacts App to launch it.
Step 2: Scroll through the list of contacts to find the one you want to delete. The contacts areorganized alphabetically.
Step 3: After you find it, press and hold the name of the contact you want to delete > Ascreenwith options will pop up at the top > Tap the trash icon > Tap “ Move to Trash” button and thecontact will be deleted from your phone.
- Delete multiple Android contacts
Step 1: Open the Contacts App and then press the menu button (three vertical dots). You will see various options. Tap on “Select” Touch “Select” and let’s find the contact you want to delete.
Step 2: If you select a contact you don’t want to delete, you can simply tap it again to deselect> Tap “trash icon” to delete the selected contacts> Tap “Move to Trash” to confirmthis action.
- Delete all Android contacts
There is also a “Delete All” option for you. Open Contacts appand then press the menu button(three vertical dots) > Select all option, and all items are selected > Tap “trash icon” to deletethe selected contacts> Tap “Move to Trash” to confirm this action.
With your phone camera, you can easily take photos or record videos.
Taking a photo or recording a video is quick and easy, as is sharing it with your friends.
How to quickly open the camera
- Access shortcuts of the camera. Double-click Power button to launch the camera app.
Take a photo
Shoot sharp and vibrant photos – capture the best moments in your photo album
Step1: Tap Camera app.
Step 2:Touch the shot button on the screen to capture the picture. It will be saved automatically.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your phone camera
- To zoom in or out, pinch your fingers outward. This motion is basically the opposite of a pinch. Start by your thumb and pointer finger together on the screen, then movethem away from one another in opposite directions. As you move your fingers, theimage on the screen will grow larger.
- Do not cover the flash while taking a photo. Keep a safe distance when using the flash. Do not use the flash on people or animals
at close range.
- to activate flash, tap the flash icon on the screen. Toggle the lighting icon to thedesired setting:
Lightning with nothing: Flash will activate on every picture.
Lightning with slash: Flash is disabled.
Lightning with A = Auto-detect flash.
Record a video
Besides taking pictures with your phone, you can also capture your special moments as videos.
- To open the camera, press the camera icon.
- To switch from image mode to video mode, select Video.
- To start recording, press the camera key. The timer starts to run.
- To stop recording, press the camera key. The timer stops.
A time lapse is made by speeding up a slow-moving scene in video. You can create your own visually stunning time lapse with your GO3 model.
A time lapse is basically just a long video sped up into a shorter video. To use the time lapse feature to record a video, you will need to:
Step 1: Tap the Camara App to launch it. Choose Apps or swipe up to access your apps
Step2: Swipe across the screen to select Time lapse.
Step 3: Tap the record icon
Step 4: When finished with your video choose the Stop icon.
Step 5: To edit the section of video you’d like to be in time lapse, choose the quick view box. Step 6. Find the video and choose edit option.
Step 7: Use the slides at the bottom of the screen to select the portion of video you’d like to be in time lapse.
Step 8: When finished, Tap Save copy.
Your phone shows your location on the map using GPS, A-GPS, Wi-Fi, or cellular positioning.
|The global positioning system (GPS) is a navigation system thatuses satellites to work out where you are.|
|A-GPS||The Assisted GPS (A-GPS) network service retrieves location information using the cellular network, and assists GPS in calculating your current location.|
|Wi-Fi positioning improves positioning accuracy when GPS signals are not available, especially when you are indoors or between tall buildings.You can also switch Wi-Fi and cellular positioning off in your phonesettings.|
|Cell ID||With network (cell ID) based positioning, your phone locates you through the cellular system your phone is currently connected to.|
Maps helps you find specific locations and businesses.
Write search words, such as a street address or place name, in the search box.
Select an item from the list of proposed matches as you write, or tap the enter key to search.The location is shown on the map.
If no search results are found, make sure the spelling of your search words is correct.
See your current location
Download maps to your phone
Save new maps to your phone before a journey, so you can browse the maps without an internet connection when travelling
To download and update maps, switch Wi-Fi networking on.
Go to Maps > Offline maps > Select your own map (country or region) > Download.
PHONE MANAGEMENT &CONNECTIVITY
Take care of your phone and its content. Learn how to connect to accessories and networks, transfer files, create backups, lock your phone, and surf the Internet.
Use a Wi-Fi connection
If your network service provider charges you on a pay-as-you-use basis, you may want tochange the WiFi and mobile data settings to reduce your data costs.
Go to settings.
Select Network & internet > Wi-Fi.
Make sure WiFi networking is switched to On Select the connection you want to use Using a Wi-Fi connection is generally faster and less expensive than using a mobile dataconnection. If both Wi-Fi and mobile data connections are available, your phone uses theWi-Fi connection
Close the Wi-Fi connection
Switch WiFi networking to Of
Use a mobile data connection
- Select Network & internet > Mobile network.
- Switch Mobile data to On
Manually add a mobile data access point
- Select Network & internet > Mobile network > Select operator > Advanced > Access point names > Select plus icon at top to add APN.
- Write the APN address in the APN field.
- Type in the username and password for your mobile data account.
- If the APN uses a proxy server, write the address and port number in the appropriate fields.
- When you finish typing in the parameters needed, then press the menu button (three vertical dots) and Save
Share a mobile connection by hotspot
You can use your phone’s mobile data to connect another phone, tablet, or computer tothe internet. Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot.
Turn on your hotspot
- Select Network & internet > Hotspot & tethering > Wi-Fi hotspot > Switch Wi-Fi hotspot to On
About the web browser
Catch up on the news, and visit your favourite websites. You can use Chome Mobile inyour phone to view web pages on the internet
To browse the web, you must be connected to the internet.
You can connect wirelessly to other compatible devices, such as phones, computers, headsets, and car kits. You can also send your photos to compatible phones or to your computer
Paired devices can connect to your phone when Bluetooth is switched on. Other devices can detect your phone only if the Bluetooth settings view is open. Do not pair with or accept connection requests from an unknown device. This helps to protect your phonefrom harmful content.
Connect to a wireless headset
With a wireless headset, you can speak on the phone hands free – you can continue what you were doing, such as working at your computer, during a call. Make sure theheadphones are compatible with your phone.
Go to settings
- Select Connected devices > Pair new device
- Make sure that the accessory you want to pair is on.
- To pair your phone and the headset, select the headset from the list.
For details, see the user guide of the headset.
Connect to your friend’s phone with Bluetooth
Use Bluetooth to wirelessly connect to your friend’s phone, to share photos and much more.
Go to settings.
- Select Connected devices > Pair new device.
- Make sure Bluetooth is switched on in both phones.
- Make sure both phones are visible to other phones. You need to be in the Bluetooth settings view for your phone to be visible to other phones.
- You can see the Bluetooth phones within range. Tap the phone you want to connect to.
- If the other phone needs a passcode, type in or accept the passcode. 6. The passcode is only used when you connect to something for the first time
Back up and restore your phone
You can back up content, data, and settings from your phone to your Google Account. Youcan restore your backed-up information to the original phone or to some other Android phones
Step 1: Open your phone’s Settings app.
Step 2: Tap System > Advanced > Backup. Step
Step: Tap Account to add it. If needed, enter your phone’s PIN, pattern, or password.
Step 4: Sign in to the account that you want to add.
Restore your phone
Step1: Open your phone’s Settings app.
Step2: Tap System > Advanced > Reset option
Step 3: Tap on Erase all data (Factory Reset)
Step 4: Tap on Erase all data
Listen to the radio
Enjoy your favourite FM radio stations on the go.
Connect a compatible headset, then enter to FM radio from your phone.
The headset acts as an antenna. Go to the next or previous station
Swipe left or right..
Tip: If you use a shorter swiping motion, you can skip to stations that have a stronger signal.
Save a radio station as a favourite
Save your favourite radio stations so you can easily listen to them later. To save the station that you are listening to, select favorite icon.
Copy music and videos from your PC
Do you have media on your PC that you want to listen to or watch on your phone?
- Use a compatible USB data cable to connect your phone to a compatible computer.
- On your computer, open the phone’s folder.
- Transfer the files to your phone.
Download a game, app, or other item
Download free games, apps, or videos, or buy more content for your phone. From Play store, you can find content designed specifically for your phone
Make sure your battery is fully charged before starting a download.
- Select the item.
- If the item has a price, select buy. If the item is free, select install.
- If you’re not signed in to gmail, sign in now.
- Follow the instructions shown on the phone.
Any Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class Digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement:
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cmbetween the radiator& your body.
Documents / Resources
|Yezz GO 3 Touch Screen Smartphone [pdf] User Guide|
GO 3, Touch Screen Smartphone, Screen Smartphone, Smartphone, GO 3, phone