Winsen MC113 Catalytic Gas Sensor
MC113/ MC113C adopts catalytic combustion principle, and its two arms of electric bridge consists of a test element and a compensate element. The resistance of the test element rises once it meets the combustible gases, in the same time, the output voltage of the bridge changes and the voltage variation rises in direct proportion to the gas concentration. The compensate element, as a conference, has the function of compensating temperature and humidity.
It has good sensitivity to methane in wide range, and has advantages such as long lifespan, low cost and simple drive circuit &etc. The bridge output is linear, quick response, good repeatability and selectivity, good stability, excellent resistance to the interference of H2S gas and organosilicon.
It is widely used in industrial occasion to detect the concentration of natural gas,LPG, coal gas and alkanes. It is also used in combustible gas leakage alarm system, combustible gas detector and gas concentration meter and so on.
|Standard Encapsulation||Metal, Metallurgy powder mesh|
|Working current(mA)||MC113: 90±10; MC113C: 95±10|
|Sensitivity (mV)||1% CH4||MC113: 20~40; MC113C: 16~35|
|1% C3H8||MC113: 30~60; MC113C: 25~55|
|Response Time (90%)||≤10s|
|Recovery Time (90%)||≤30s|
|Working Environment||-40 ~ +70℃, less than 95%RH|
|Storage Environment||-20 to +70℃, less than 95%RH|
|Size (mm)||MC113: 19×9.5×14; MC113C: 14×8×10|
Sensitivity, response and recovery
Changing of output signal at different temperature
Changing of output signal at different humidity
Changing of output signal with different voltage supplying
Long term Stability
The drift in air per year is within ±2mV, in 1%CH 4 is within ±2mV. For a short period storage (in 2 weeks), the sensor need be galvanical continuously for 8 hours to reach stability. F For more than one year storage, it need more than 48 hours.
Following conditions must be prohibited
- Exposed to organic silicon steamSensing material will lose sensitivity and never recover if the sensor absorbs organic silicon steam. Sensors must avoid exposing to silicon bond, fixature, silicon latex, putty or plastic contain silicon
- High Corrosive gas If the sensors are exposed to high concentration corrosive gas (such as H 2 S, SO X , Cl 2 , HCl etc.), it will not only result in corrosion of sensors structure, also it cause sincere sensitivity attenuation.
- Alkali, Alkali metals salt, halogen pollution The sensors performance will be changed badly if sensors be sprayed polluted by alkali metals salt especially brine, or be exposed to halogen such as fluorine.
- Touch water Sensitivity of the sensors will be reduced when spattered or dipped in water.
- Freezing Do avoid icing on sensor’s surface, otherwise sensing material will be broken and lost sensitivity.
- Applied higher voltage Applied voltage on sensor should not be higher than stipulated value, even if the sensor is not
physically damaged or broken, it causes down line or heater damaged, and bring on sensors’ sensitivity characteris tic changed badly.
- Pins connection When the sensor is connecting to the circuit, one of detection part pins and one of compensation part
pins connects as the signal output. The other one of detection part pins connects negative electrode, while the other one of compensation part pins connects positive electrode. The part with ■ mark is the detection part( for the separate type sensor, the one part with bigger hole is detector part),the other part is the compensation part.
Following conditions must be avoided
- Water Condensation Indoor conditions, slight water condensation will influence sensors’ performance lightly. However, if water condensation on sensors surface and keep a certain period, sensors’ sensitive will be decreased.
- Used in high gas concentration No matter the sensor is electrified or not, if it is placed in high gas concentration for long time, sensors characteristic will be affected. If lighter gas sprays the sensor, it will cause extremely damage.
- Long time storage The sensors resistance will drift reversibly if it’s stored for long time without electrifying, this drift is related with storage conditions. Sensors should be stored in airproof bag without volatile silicon compound. For the sensors with long time storage but no electrify, they need long galvanic aging time for stability before using. The suggested aging time is 24 hours at least if the storage time is more than half an year.
- Long time exposed to adverse environment No matter the sensors electrified or not, if exposed to adverse environment for long time, such as high humidity, hig h temperature, or high pollution etc., it will influence the sensors’ performance badly.
- Vibration Continual vibration will result in sensors down lead response then break. In transportation or assembling line, pneumatic screwdriver/ultrasonic welding machine can lead this vibration.
- Concussion If sensors meet strong concussion, it may lead its lead wire disconnected.
- Usage Conditions
- For sensor, handmade welding is optimal way. The welding conditions as follow:
- Soldering flux: Rosin s oldering flux contains least chlorine
- Homothermal soldering iron
- Temperature 250
- Time less than 5 seconds
If disobey the above using terms, sensors sensitivity will be reduced.
Documents / Resources
|Winsen MC113 Catalytic Gas Sensor [pdf] Instruction Manual|
MC113, MC113C, MC113 Catalytic Gas Sensor, MC113, Catalytic Gas Sensor