Heads up, smart-guy. In case you haven’t heard, the future is here now. Skullcandy is launching a full on audio assault with Method, a headset calibrated for unlimited hands-free function and wireless compatibility. Whether catching calls mobbing around town or dropping tunes while chilling at home, the Method’s custom sound quality and design will keep you three steps ahead of what’s going down.
FIRST TIME USE
Congrats on making the wise choice of picking up the ultra-stylish Skullcandy Method headset. No doubt you will be the envy of friends and foes alike, so take a minute and give yourself props for your remarkably good taste. First things first, you are going to want to charge the thing. The headset is pre-charged before leaving the factory, but enough time will have likely passed since then, so a re-juice is highly recommended.
CHARGING WITH USB CABLE
- To connect cable, -a- use the port below the control panel of the left earpiece. You can connect the cable -b- to the USB slot of any
PC or Mac.*
2. While firing up, the light indicator will be RED. To let you know when the process is finished, light -c- will turn GREEN.
3. Low Battery function will be indicated with a blinking RED light -c- and an audible tone going off once a minute to let you know when its time to re-fuel the device.
* It is recommended to charge your Method in an environment between 41-104F. Only use included charging cable. Using an unauthorized charger may cause damage.
PAIRING WITH A BLUETOOTH DEVICE
In order to get your Method linked up with Bluetooth capabilities, there’s going to be some small steps you’ll need to take (nothing too complicated, so don’t sweat it.)
- To pair Skullcandy Method, begin with headphones in off mode. Keep phone in the range of three feet when pairing.
- Push in and hold the multi-function button -a- for 6 seconds until the status light -b- flashes BLUE cop lights.
- Turn on Bluetooth on mobile and find the Bluetooth device list. Once there, choose Skullcandy Method from the list.
- Once selected, plug in the password PIN: 0000 on your phone if prompted.
- If required after successful pairing, select the Skullcandy Method from the device list and press connect.
- If all has gone well, the BLUE light -b- blinks once every 5 seconds.
- If for some reason this process has failed, switch off headphones and start the process over. Once you do this once successfully, the paired devices will recognize each other. Unless pairing info is deleted, you shouldn’t need to pair ever again.
- Lets crank up some state-of-the-art sounds by pressing the play button. -a- You can control the volume by tapping or holding down the volume up button. -b- To decrease volume, do the same thing to the volume down button -c-.
- Hit the pause button -a- to stop tunes dead in their tracks. To bring them back to life, simply hit play. -a-
- * To jump to next track tap forward button, -b- once quickly. Want to hear that last track again, just hit track back button -e- once quickly.
*Compatible with devices that support AVRCP. Apple iPhone, iPod, iPad devices must be running on iOS 4.2.1 or higher.
- To answer an incoming call, press the call button -a- once.
- To end call, simply press the call button.-a-
- Press volume up or volume down -b- to adjust the volume.
- Press the play button -c- to mute.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Although it is true that your Method contains multiple super-powers, indestructibility is not one of them. Be sure to keep your Method dry, and do not expose it to direct sunlight or hot areas for extended periods of time. High temperatures will shorten the Method’s life-span, destroy the battery, and distort crucial plastic components. Just the same, the Method will not respond well to extreme cold. So, keep it out of the freezer at all costs. The suitable temperature for Method is 32-104F. If you feel the need to take the product apart, just remember MacGyver will not be around to help you piece it back together. Do not test out any fancy b-ball moves with headphones, because studies have shown they were remarkably better having not been dropped on the floor. Do not use any cleaning products from the bathroom, kitchen or laundry room on the Method. The results will not be pretty and Skullcandy will not be legally responsible for your lack of common sense. If product fails to work, please contact us and we will be happy to provide our sincere support.
FEDERAL COMMUNICATION COMMISSION INTERFERENCE STATEMENT
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Caution: Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Read More About “Function” Skullcandy-Method-Function
Read More About “Skullcandy Method ANC” Skullcandy-Method-ANC-Original
Read More About “Skullcandy Method Activ “ Skullcandy-Method-Active-Original
Read More About This Manual….
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!