RCB3 RF remote control User Manual Users manual Roku, Inc.
Let’s get started.
What’s in the box
What you need
Know your Streaming Stick
A. [MHL CONNECTOR] Plugs into the MHL port on the back of your TV.
B. [STATUS LIGHT] Signifies it is on when lit, or activity when flashing.
C. [RESET BUTTON] Used to reset your Streaming Stick (you probably won’t ever have to use this).
What to do
Plug it in
Plug your Roku Streaming Stick into the MHL port of your TV or other Roku Ready device. Simple as that!
First, power your Roku remote by inserting the included batteries:
• Locate and open the rectangular battery door on the rear of the unit.
• Insert the batteries into their slots, making sure to match the positive (+) and negative (-) signs.
• Place the battery door back over the compartment and press it gently down until the latch snaps securely into place.
• If the LED on the front of the remote is blinking, it means it is trying to pair to the Roku Streaming Stick. The remote is ready for use when the LED stops blinking and turns off.
Connect to network
Now you can grab that Roku remote and jump right into guided setup. When prompted, select “Wireless” as your network connection and have your network name and password ready to do the following:
• Select your network from the list of available networks.
• Enter your network password, if you use one. Remember, network passwords are case sensitive.
Complete guided setup
It’s the final stretch and hooray—it’s a breeze! Continue following the on-screen instructions and you’ll:
• Get the latest software.
• Link the Roku Streaming Stick to your Roku account on your computer.
Your Roku account: During setup, you’ll be prompted to create your Roku account online at roku.com/link. Your Roku Streaming Stick will generate a unique code that links your player to your new account. Roku accounts are free and secure. And while a valid credit card number is required to create your account, rest assured you will only be charged if you authorize purchases of apps and games from the Roku Channel Store.
Know your Roku remote
The Roku remote should feel right at home in your hand. We
designed it to be incredibly intuitive for watching TV and great
for gaming, too!
A. [BACK] Return to previous screen
B. [HOME] Return to Roku home screen
C. [INSTANT REPLAY] Replay last 7 seconds of video
D. [UP] or [DOWN] Move up or down;
E. [LEFT] or [RIGHT] Move left or right
E. [PLAY/PAUSE] Start or pause playback
G. [A & B] Action buttons for gaming
H. [FWD SCAN] Fast forward, scroll right one
I. page at a time
J. [OK] Select an option from a menu
K. [REV SCAN] Rewind, scroll left one page at a time
L. [OPTIONS] View more options
M. [STATUS LED] Displays remote usage information
N. [VOLUME +/-] Increase/Decrease the volume of your
O. TV when using your Roku Streaming Stick
Cool: Because your enhanced remote uses radio frequency instead of infrared, you don’t need to have a direct line of sight to your Roku!
Get your game on!
Just a couple of fun-facts about your Roku enhanced remote.
• It’s sensitive and smart. The Roku remote incorporates motion-sensing technology, allowing more precise and detailed control of gameplay.
• It comes with an adjustable wrist strap—for good reason. Since some games make you sweat, sporting the wrist strap is a very good idea. You don’t want to crack the screen of your beautiful TV—or harm anyone or anything around you.
Buckle up: Open the lever on the strap lock and place your hand through the wrist strap. Hold the remote firmly in your hand. Slide the strap lock up so that the strap will not fall off your wrist. Do not over-tighten the strap lock so that it’s uncomfortable.
Having trouble completing setup? Don’t worry: it’s usually an easy fix.
If you cannot see a picture on your TV:
• Make sure your TV is turned on. (This tip could save you some embarrassment.)
• Make sure the video input on your TV or home theater receiver is set to match the output (usually HDMI or MHL) used with the Roku Streaming Stick. Most TVs have an Input button on the remote control to change
If you cannot connect to your wireless home network during guided setup:
• If you are not getting 3 or more signal-strength bars above your wireless network, adjust the location of your Roku Streaming Stick and/or wireless router. Make sure there are no obstructions, like cement walls, between your Roku Streaming Stick and your wireless router.
• Make sure you select the correct wireless router name on the “Wireless” screen.
• Make sure you enter the correct password, if your network is security-enabled (password is case sensitive).
• If you have turned off SSID broadcasting on your wireless router, you can add your network by selecting “My network is not shown” from the “Wireless” screen.
If you cannot hear sound:
• Make sure the connectors on the cables between your TV and home theater receiver are pushed in all the way.
• Make sure the volume on your TV or home theater receiver is turned up and isn’t on mute.
• Make sure the input on your TV or home theater receiver matches the output (HDMI or MHL) used with your Roku Streaming Stick.
If the Roku remote control is not functioning:
• Try moving closer to your Roku Streaming Stick.
• Make sure the batteries are fresh (or new) and inserted properly.
• Make sure your remote is paired (see next section) with the Roku Streaming Stick.
• If the Status Light on the front of your Roku Streaming Stick flashes once each time you press a remote button, the problem is not with the remote.
<<>>It’s unlikely but if your remote becomes warm or hot to the touch after inserting the batteries, immediately discontinue use. Do not attempt to remove the batteries while the unit is hot. Contact Roku Customer Support immediately at 888-600-7658
Pairing your remote control:
The Roku remote should automatically pair with your Roku Streaming Stick at the beginning of setup. If you are not able to use the remote to navigate through Guided Setup, you can manually pair the Roku remote by following these steps:
1 Prepare your Roku Streaming Stick to pair by removing the stick and plugging it back in.
2 Open the Roku remote battery compartment.
3 Place the Roku remote in close proximity with your Roku Streaming Stick.
4 Press and hold the pairing button inside the battery compartment for 3 seconds.
5 Try using the remote again.
If you couldn’t find what you need:
Visit roku.com/support for more help.
Need more help?
Get the most out of your Roku Streaming Stick. Check out our FAQs, instructional videos and user forums.
© 2009-2012 by Roku, Inc. All rights reserved. Roku, Roku Streaming Stick, and the Roku logo are registered trademarks of Roku, Inc. Other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Questions about your ROKU, RCB3 RF remote control User Manual? Post in the comments!
ROKU, RCB3 RF remote control User Manual [PDF]