NexSens X2-SDL Submersible Data Logger
The X2-SDL includes three sensor ports that provide industry standard protocols including SDI-12, RS-232, and RS-485. The center port offers direct communication (serial to PC) to the CONNECT software and power input. The X2-SDL can be powered autonomously by (16) D-cell alkaline batteries housed in a waterproof battery compartment. Smartphones and tablets connect via WiFi. CONNECT is a software utility that enables users to interface directly with any NexSens X2-Series data logger using a UW6-USB-485P cable. It supports a growing number of diagnostic and configuration tools to facilitate system setup and troubleshooting
- (1) X2-SDL data logger
- (1) Pre-installed antenna
- (1) Removable battery lid
- (2) Elastomer bumpers
- (3) Sensor port plugs, spare orings
- (1) Power port plug, spare oring
- (1) Oring grease
- (16) Duracell D-cell alkaline batteries
- (1) 3/16” Hex driver
- (1) Quick start guide
IMPORTANT – BEFORE FIELD DEPLOYMENT:
Completely configure new X2 systems with sensors and a direct connection to the CONNECT software in a nearby work area. Operate the system for several hours and ensure correct sensor readings. Use this test run to become familiar with the features and functions.
- Visit the following link on the NexSens Knowledge Base to download the CONNECT software and establisha connection with the X2-SDL
- Use the following link to ensure the proper scripts are enabled for each sensor.
- Power down the X2-SDL and remove the USB cable connection.
- . Remove one blank sensor plug from an 8-pin port (i.e., PO, P1, or P2) for each sensor.
- . Connect all sensors to the desired ports.
- Note: Ensure that all SDI-12 and RS-485 sensors have unique addresses.
- Remove the white battery lid using the included 3/16″ hex driver, as shown below.
- Install the (16) D-cell alkaline batteries.
- Warning: Ensure to follow the polarity labels located inside each battery tube. Polarity for all (4) batteries within each individual tube should be in the same orientation.
- Reinstall the white battery lid.
- The device will beep once when the metal plate on the bottom of the lid makes contact with the batteries.
- Fully thread on the battery lid until it is flush with the top of the SDL tube. Wait up to 5-10 minutes for sensor detection
- Reconnect the USB cable to the X2-SDL and open CONNECT.
- Once in CONNECT, visit the following article to confirm the X2-SDL sensor configuration and directly download the first few data points.
- If the desired sensor configuration is not shown, wait an extra 5-10 minutes and read the sensor configuration a second time.
- Confirm the proper sensor scripts are enabled and all SDI-12 or RS-485 sensors have unique addresses.
- Confirm all user-configured wiring of sensors.
For additional information, please reference the X2-SDL & CONNECT software resource libraries on the
Documents / Resources
|NexSens X2-SDL Submersible Data Logger [pdf] Installation Guide|
X2-SDL, Submersible Data Logger, Data Logger, Logger
- CONNECT Setup - NexSens
- Direct Data Upload - NexSens
- Knowledge Base - NexSens
- Configure Sensor Scripts - NexSens
- Knowledge Base - NexSens
- NexSens Technology Inc. - Better Data. It's what we do