SMC2A App Controlled Hideaway Head Unit
The Headless Unit
The SMC2A is an extremely innovative solution for creating a complete audio experience in your vehicle without the need to alter your vehicle’s dash to accommodate an aftermarket head unit. Much more than a simple Bluetooth controller, this is an entire head unit packed into a hideaway box. The SMC2A features a built-in 50×4 amplifier, 5 source options, and front /rear /subwoofer RCA outputs allowing you to build your entire system directly off the unit. The hideaway box is controlled via the Memphis APP allowing you to control your EQ, AM/FM presets, RGB LEDs, and more. The attached wired remote fits in standard knock-out locations but is not required. This is the ultimate Powersports, marine, hot rod, and classic car audio integration where you don’t want to alter the appearance of your dash.
- 5 Source options: AUX, BT, AM/FM, Weatherband
- USB Charging
- 50w x 4 built-in amplifier
- RGB LED control output
- Front/Rear/Subwoofer RCA output
- 2.5-Volt preamp output
- Conformal coated PCB IP66 rated
- Wired remote fits standard rocker switch cutout
- Wired remote w/ illuminating buttons
- RGB color source chart
App Controls The Following
- RGB Settings
- Custom EQ settings
- Balance, fade
- AM/FM Preset Control
- Radio search settings
Electronics limited warranty (including Memphis accessories) When purchased from an Authorized Memphis Dealer, Memphis warrants this product to be free from
defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original purchase (receipt required), THREE (3)YEARS years if installed by an authorized Memphis dealer (receipt required). If this product is identified as “Refurbished” or “B Goods”, the warranty is limited to a period of THREE (3) MONTHS from the date of original purchase. In all cases, you must have the original receipt. Should service be necessary under this warranty for any reason due to manufacturing defect or malfunction during the warranty period, Memphis will repair or replace (at its discretion) the defective merchandise with equivalent merchandise. Warranty replacements ay has cosmetic scratches and blemishes. Discontinued products may be replaced with more current equivalent products. Warranty is valid only for the original purchaser and is not extended to owners of the product subsequent to the original purchaser. Any applicable implied warranties are limited in duration to a period of the express warranty as provided herein beginning with the date of the original purchase at retail, and no warranties, whether express or implied, shall apply to this product thereafter. NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits were redesigned to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy, f not installed and used in accordance with the instructions may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver. Connect the equipment into an outlet or a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the part responsible for compliance could void the user’s uthority to operate the equipment.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement
This equipment complied with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20cm between the radiator & your body.
1. Front Outputs
2. Rear Outputs
3. Subwoofer Outputs
4. USB For Charging
5. Antenna Input
6. Power/Audio Outputs
7. Line Input
8. RGB LED Output
9. Remote Control 1
10. In-Line 15A Fuse and Fuse Holder
11. Remote Control 2
Red// 12V+ Ignition
Black // Ground
Blue // Remote Turn On
Yellow // B+ Battery
White & Black // Left Front Speaker (-)
White // Left Front Speaker (+)
Grey & Black // Right Front Speaker (-)
Grey // Right Front Speaker (+)
Green & Black // Left Rear Speaker (-)
Green // Left Rear Speaker (+)
Purple & Black // Right Rear Speaker (-)
Purple // Right Rear Speaker (+)
*Note: Mounting depth is 90mm but the room is required for wires and connections. Check available depth prior to mounting.
Measure before cutting and be certain you will not be drilling into any items that will damage your vehicle.
Wired remote control is optional and is not required to use the SMC2A. This unit fits into standard rocker switch knockout locations.
- Short Press: Change Source // Long Press: Power Down Device
- Volume knob Down/Up// Short Press: Play/Pause
- Track Skip
Downloading Memphis App
The Memphis App is available on iOS & Android in the app store. Search for “MEMPHIS RADIO” and locate the MEMPHIS RADIO App. Download and install the app to begin controlling your SMC2A.
Bluetooth Pairing (Audio Streaming Only)
When the unit is powered on, search for Bluetooth Devices. Look for SMC2A on your Bluetooth Device. Select this device to pair with the SMC2A unit. When connected via Bluetooth you can stream music to your SMC2A unit.
Bluetooth Pairing The APP
To control your SMC2A unit settings and radio stations via the MEMPHIS RADIO App, you must establish a Bluetooth connection using the MEMPHIS RADIO App. Open the BLUETOOTH SETTINGS menu on the MEMPHIS RADIO App and follow the instructions on the next page to pair your MEMPHIS RADIO App with your SMC2A unit.
Main Menu/Source Selection
- Bluetooth Source
- FM Radio Source
- AM Radio Source
- AUX Source
- Weather Band Source
- Previous Track
- Next Track
- Volume Control
- Adjust volume, fade, balance
- EQ settings Menu
- Bluetooth configuration
- Adjust LED color settings
- Restore Default settings
- App version information
Use this menu to connect your MEMPHIS RADIO App via Bluetooth to your SMC2A unit. This the connection allows the MEMPHIS RADIO App to control your SMC2A. You should only have to make this connection once to pair the MEMPHIS RADIO App to the SMC2A.
- Connect/Disconnect Bluetooth
- Select SMC2A(BLE) to pair your Bluetooth Device with the SMC2A.
App Instructions Continued
EQ Settings Menu
- EQ Preset options. Tap arrows to toggle through preset settings.
- Manually adjust EQ settings. Slide the band you wish to adjust into the desired position. Desired EQ setting will be saved as “Custom Setting”
- Restore to the factory default settings
LED COLOR SETTINGS MENU
- Turns the connected RGB LED Lighting on/off
- Lighting color cycle on/off Light button system RGB LED color cycle
- Use the wheel to select your system RGB LED color. Touch the wheel and slide the indicator point to the desired color.
- You can use the RGB sliders to dial in a specific color value. Adjust Red, Green, and Blue individually until you’ve reached your desired color.
- You can adjust the brightness using the slider.
AM/FM/WB Source Screen
- Indicates current radio station
- Select radio preset category (FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, AM2, AM3 allows you to store 3 stations in each preset category)
- Presets 1-6. Use Seek/manual tuning to locate the desired station. Press and hold the desired preset button for several seconds to save the station as a preset.
- Puts unit into SEEK mode. Arrows will now seek for the next station.
- Puts unit into PRESET mode. Tapping the Left or Right arrows skips to the next programmed preset station.
- Puts unit into MANUAL TUNER mode. The arrows will now manually tune to the next station.
- Changes to the next available station. Select SEEK or MANUAL above to change the way the system locates the next station.
- Adjusts volume of the unit
SHOW US YOUR INSTALL
122 GAYOSO AVE
MEMPHIS, TN USA 38101
Documents / Resources
|MEMPHIS AUDIO SMC2A App Controlled Hideaway Head Unit [pdf] Instruction Manual|
SMC2A, App Controlled Hideaway Head Unit, SMC2A App Controlled Hideaway Head Unit, Controlled Hideaway Head Unit, Hideaway Head Unit, Head Unit, Unit