Lumos Wireless Bicycle Helmet
BICYCLE HELMET AND REMOTE OWNER’S MANUAL
Lumos Kickstart Helmet
C.P.S.C. 16 CFR Part 1203
United States Federal Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets
(Consumer Product Safety Commission)
CE, EN1078:2012 +A1:2012
(European Safety Standard)
EC Type examination conducted by:
SGS United Kingdom Ltd, Weston-super-Mare, BS22 6WA, UK Notified Body No: 0120
Lumos Kickstart Remote
Model: Kickstart Remote
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USING YOUR NEW HELMET
The safety Helmet provides excellent durability and integrity. However, the protective capability may diminish over time due to wear and age.
Lumos warrants all products sold by Lumos to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase unless otherwise specified on the product. If a product is found to be defective by Lumos, in its sole discretion, Lumos’s only responsibility will be to replace the defective product. Lumos will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred because of the loss or use of any of its products, and Lumos specifically disclaims all claims for consequential and incidental damages.
This limited warranty is subject to several important restrictions:
This limited warranty only applies to products purchased directly from Lumos or from a Lumos Authorized Reseller.
This limited warranty is valid only for the original purchaser of a product, and it cannot be transferred to another person upon the sale, lease, or transfer of the product.
This limited warranty does not cover normal wear and tear.
This limited warranty does not apply to anything other than defects in the manufacturing and workmanship of the product.
The limited warranty is waived if you seek to repair the product using anything other than approved Lumos products and services, or if you seek to combine the product with any third party product (like sealants, cameras, or custom helmet pads).
If, upon its inspection, Lumos discovers that you have modified, changed, or altered the product in any way, this limited warranty is waived.
Lumos gives no warranty regarding the life of the batteries used in its products. Actual battery life may vary depending on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the configuration and usage of a product.
Your use of our products is at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for (and Lumos disclaims) any and all loss, liability or damages resulting from your use of our products , including loss of life, personal injury, or the loss of or damage to computer, mobile device, and all other property. Lumos does not guarantee or promise any specific level of performance or battery life associated with the use of its products or any feature of them.
ALL WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY STATE LAW, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY STATE LAW AS HEREBY LIMITED, THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, AGREEMENTS AND SIMILAR OBLIGATIONS OF MANUFACTURER OR SELLER.
For use in non-motorized recreational pedal cycling only. No helmet can prevent against all injuries. Serious injury or death may occur while cycling even with a helmet. Lumos makes no claim that this helmet will eliminate all possibilities of injury.
Lumos lights are designed to be a supplement and NOT a replacement to regular bike mounted front and back lights. Certain states, cities, and counties have laws that require cyclists to have bike mounted front and back lights at all times. Please ensure that you are aware of, and comply with your local laws.
Lumos is designed to be a supplement, and NOT a replacement to hand signals. Please continue to give hand signals while cycling on the road. While we designed the “hard brake” and turn signals to be as recognizable and intuitive as possible, we make no claim that motorists or people around you will recognize what they mean, or that they will see it. Having lights is good practice, but is no guarantee against preventing an accident or collision.
When activating the turn signal, glance at the remote to ensure that you activated the correct turn signal. Activating the wrong turn signal or leaving your turn signal on can be very hazardous and can potentially increase the risk of a collision due to the miscommunication. After completing your turn, also be sure to turn the turn signal off.
This helmet is not designed for motor vehicle use and not for sports other than those for which it was certified. Every time you use this helmet check that nothing is badly torn, worn, missing, or out of adjustment. This helmet should not be used by children while climbing or doing activities when there is a risk of the child hanging himself or herself. For proper fit, follow the instructions below.
ATTACHING THE REMOTE MOUNT TO YOUR HANDLEBARS:
- Attach the mount to your handlebar using 2 silicone rubber bands. We’ve provided several bands of various sizes to accommodate different handlebar sizes. Ensure that the mount is securely attached to your handlebar.
- Place the remote on the mount and twist to lock it in place.
USING THE HELMET
TURNING THE HELMET ON/OFF + SELECTING THE FLASHING MODE
To turn off, press and hold the power button To change the flashing mode, press the power button for a short press
CHARGING THE HELMET AND REMOTE
Note that when the battery on the helmet is low, the power button will start flashing red. At this point there is only approximately 30min of charge left in the helmet.
When the battery on the helmet is critically low and is about to shut off, before it does so the helmet will beep several times to inform you that it is about to shut off. (in case you are riding with it at the time)
When the battery on the remote is low, both buttons on the remote will flash red. Please recharge the remote immediately. The remote uses the same charging cable as the helmet.
PAIRING THE HELMET WITH THE REMOTE
If the helmet is not responding to the remote, either you need to charge the remote, or the remote is not paired with the helmet. To pair the remote to the helmet, follow these steps:
1) Turn your helmet off. Then press and hold the power button till you hear a beep.
2) Press and hold both buttons on the remote till you see both button lights turn on.
3) Press any one button on the remote. Your helmet will respond accordingly, and will automatically exit pairing mode. Your helmet and remote are now paired.
CONNECTING THE HELMET WITH YOUR PHONE
Connect your Lumos Helmet to your phone via Bluetooth by following these steps:
1) Download the Lumos app (currently only available on iOS)
2) Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and launch the app.
3) Follow the instructions on the app to pair the helmet with your phone.
USING THE AUTOMATIC WARNING LIGHTS
Using a motion sensor in the remote, Lumos senses when you’re making a sudden change in motion and turns all the lights at the back of your helmet solid red to indicate that you are slowing down.
This feature is still being refined, and is currently only available in beta. To activate and use the automatic warning light feature, follow the instructions in the included sheet titled “A NOTE ABOUT THE AUTOMATIC WARNING LIGHT FEATURE.”
Note: Activating the automatic warning light feature will also decrease the battery life of your remote significantly.
In its normal mode your remote would last for approximately 1 month on a single charge. With the automatic warning light feature battery life will depend on frequency of use, but can drop to less than a week on a single charge.
RESETTING YOUR HELMET
In rare situations you might find your helmet gets “stuck” (eg. helmet cannot be turned off or is non-responsive to button presses.
In this situation your helmet might need to be reset. To reset, simply connect your helmet to the charger, and it will automatically reset itself.
If you still encounter problems, email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you!
- The helmet must fit properly to be effective. With a proper fit, the helmet will not move back and forth or side to side while fastened. The helmet can only protect if it fits well. The buyer should try different sizes and choose the size which feels secure and comfortable on the head.
- Tighten or loosen the rear adjustment dial to fit the circumference of your head as required.
3. Adjust the strap tension at the buckle so that the helmet is strapped snugly. Tighten the strap as required to obtain a snug fit. With the helmet on and tightly fastened, make sure the helmet cannot be removed from your head or rolled backward or forward excessively. Be sure that the buckle is not against the jawbone.
4. When properly fitted and adjusted, your ears should not be covered by any part of the straps.
5. Make sure you can see clearly and your peripheral vision is not blocked.
To check for proper tension, put on the helmet and fasten the buckle. Open your mouth. You should feel the strap pulling against your chin. Then attempt to pull the helmet off the front or rear. If the helmet comes off, increase strap tension and examine if thick enough pads are being used. The helmet should not be able to roll forward or backward excessively. It should not be possible to remove the helmet without unfastening the buckle.
NOTE: Please check adjustment every time this is helmet is worn.
- For cleaning, use a soft cloth, mild soap, and water only. Your fit pads are removable and should be washed by hand with mild soap and water, rinsed and then air dried only. The protection given by this helmet may be severely reduced by the application of paint, adhesive stickers and transfers, cleaning fluids, chemicals, petroleum and petroleum products, and other solvents. The helmet will be damaged if exposed to temperatures exceeding 62˚C (150˚F). Never remove or modify the original elements that constitute the helmet, or add accessories not recommended by the manufacturer, as it may risk canceling the protective role of the helmet. During transportation, do not expose your helmet to impact or external force. Store in a dry place, away from heat from, for example, a radiator or direct sunlight through a car window.
- Replacement: This helmet is designed to absorb shock through partial destruction of the energy absorbing liner. This damage may or may not be visible to the user. After a severe impact or blow, deep scratches or other abuse, this helmet should be destroyed and replaced even if it appears undamaged. A helmet should also be replaced after a few years of careful use and if it does not fit anymore.
FCC COMPLIENCE STATEMENT
Caution: The user is cautioned that changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules and Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This equipment complies with FCC and Canada radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
LUMEN LABS (HK) LIMITED
UNIT 212C, IC DEVELOPMENT CENTER, 6 SCIENCE PARK WEST AVENUE, HONG KONG SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PARK, SHA TIN, N.T. HONG KONG
Need more help?
Email us at [email protected]
We would be happy to assist you!
Read more About This Manual….
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!