Monkey Bar Swing Set
WARNING! Sultablefor chIldren 6-10 years. Maximum user weight 45kg for each section. This unit is designed to be used safely by up to 3 children ,each section for 1 Child only. Only for domestic use. Outdoor use only.
SWING SET SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
YOUR CHILD’S SAFETY DEPENDS ON YOU!!!
Observing the following statements and warning reduces the likelihood of serious or fatal injury.
- Provide on-site adult supervision for children 6-10 years at all times.
- It is recommended that the playground equipment be placed in concrete. Be certain that all anchoring devices(including concrete)are placed below the level of the playing surface or below ground level to prevent tripping.
- Teach children to sit in the center of swing play items, with their full weight in the center of seats. NEVER allow children to stand on the seats. DO NOT allow children to lean to the side when riding on other rides, structural members or collide with other playmates.
- Dress children appropriately while on and around this equipment. DO NOT allow children to wear ponchos, scarves jewelry, loose shoes, jackets or clothing with loose strings, and/or clothing that might be potentially hazardous while using this equipment.
- DO NOT let children use equipment in any manner other than intended.
- DO anchor all gyms. DO NOT install over concrete, asphalt, gravel or any hard surface which may cause injury should a fall occur.
- DO NOT let children use equipment until properly assembled and anchored. Place swing set on LEVEL GROUND not less than 6 feet(1.8m) from any structures or obstacles such as fences, overhanging branches, laundry or electrical lines , garages . sheds or houses.
- Instruct children to avoid swinging empty play stations Stations may strike other children or come back and strike you .
- Instruct children not to walk closely in front of , behind or between moving plays. Instruct children to keep a safe distance away to avoid being struck by items in play.
- Instruct children not to twist chains or ropes or loop them over the support bar. This adds stress, reduces strength and may result in failure.
- Instruct children not to get off play items while in motion. DO NOT allow children to jump from moving play items.
- DO NOT allow children to climb or play on equipment while wet. (Slips or falls may occur.)
- Instruct children not to go down slide head first.
- DO NOT allow children to climb on or swing from structural members (legs, top bar and chin bars). These are structural components ONLY and NOT play features.
- DO NOT allow children to swing play items more than 60 degrees.
- DO NOT leave bolts threads uncovered. TIGHTEN all hex nuts securely.
- DC) NOT attach items to the playground equipment that are not specifically designed for use with the equipment, such as, but not limited to, jump ropes, clothesline, pet leashes, cables, and chain as they may cause strangulation hazard.
- Warning: Lawn swings are designed for children over 3 years of age.
- At the end of each play season, remove all plastic plays and take indoors. DO NOT allow the use of plastic items when the temperature drops below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, (0 degrees Celsius).
- Dispose of all packaging properly after swing set has been assembled.
- Please retain the instruction manual for future reference and review each season.
WARNING:BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE
Adult assembly required
Adult supervision recommended at all times
Maximum weight of 100 pounds(45kg)for each section
Only for domestic use
Outdoor use only
Not suitable for children under 6 years-fall hazard
Retain instruction manual for future use
Swing seat must be a minimum of 350mm above the ground
Place on a level surface at least 2m from any structure or obstruction
Must not be install over concrete,asphalt or any other hard surface
It is advised that a regular basis(i.e. at the beginning of the season and monthly thereafter)all main parts/fixings are necessary.Failure to do so may result in an injury or hazard.
Any attachments such as swings,chains,ropes,etc must be regularly examined for evidence of deterioration.
Replace any attachments if there are signs of deterioration.Failure to do so may result in an injury or hazard.
Always consult your physician before performing any kind of physical activit
Do not use the Monkey Bar if you have a medical history of neck or back injuries or physical conditions that could cause injury.
Do not use if user has any broken bones(casts)or has recently been in the hospital for extensive treatments (operations,severe wounds,stitches,back injury or concussion).
Make regular stops based on your own physical coonditions.
Do not allow the children under 6 years to use it.
Unexpected movement(!.e.:tipping,lifting and overturning)of the swing set may result in serious injury or death.
The swing set must be securely anchored before use.
The owner should disassemble and dispose of the playground equipment in such a way that no unreasonable hazards will exist at the time the playground equipment is discarded.
Proper Play Conditions:
➢ Always use the product in a well-lit area. Do not use without lighting during dawn, dusk or in complete darkness!
➢ Maintain clear space on all sides of the product. Such objects include walls, fences, tree limbs/trunks, electrical power wiring, rocks, sprinkler heads or other recreational objects (i.e. swing sets, swimming pools).
➢ The product must not be used in windy conditions as wind can cause unexpected movement of the product.
Thank you for purchasing from Kmart. Please contact our customer service centre
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: +61 423 259 751
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Adult assembly required.
- Adult supervision required when product in use.
- For domestic outdoor use
- Children must understand how to use the product safely.
- DO NOT allow children to play around product when in use
- DO NOT allow more than 1 child to use this product at a time.
- Limit the time of continuous usage (make regular stops).
- Check fixings regularly. Injury may be a result if you fail to do so .
- Check the nuts and bolts on a regular basis for tightness, sharp edges or deterioration. Tighten or replace when required.
- Check paintwork regularly and if needed touch up with enamel
- Check all nuts and bolts for tightness and tighten when required.
- Oil all metallic moving parts.
- Check all coverings and bolts for sham edges and replace when required.
- Check swing seats, chains, ropes and orther means of attachment for evidence of deterioration; replace when required in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
- Sand rusted areas and tubular parts and repaint using a non-lead based paint when required.
- Retain the instructions for assembly, maintenance and safe use for future reference.
This swing set is designed for use by children ages 6-10 years old with a maximum weight of 45kg for each section The maximum fall height of this swing set is 74″(1.88m) This product is designed for normal residential use only.This product is not designed for use in daycare,nurseries,or other public places.This product is to be assembled by adults only in the manner described within this instruction manual. This product must be anchored.Anchors are included with this swing set.
Anchoring is necessary to prevent tipping,lifting and overturning.We recommend anchoring the swing set in concrete,especially in soft or sandy soil. To anchor the swing set in concrete,dig a hole at least 5″(12.7cm)deep and 10″(25.4cm) to 12″(30.5cm)in diameter.Place the swing set leg in the hole,preferably on a brick or stone to keep if from sinking.Be sure the swing leg is set 3″(7.6cm)below the ground.Pour concrete around the legs and fill the hole.Cover concrete adequately using the recommended surfacing instruction in this manual.Allow the concrete to set according to the concrete manufacturer’s instruction before use.
Only adults should assemble or disasseble the swing set.For safety reasons and ease of assembly. It is recommended that two adults assemble the swing set.The swing set includes two 5mm Socket head wrenches.You will also need an adjustable wrench,a cross hear screwdriver and a needle-nose pliers. Points to remember when locating and placing the swing set:
- Place your swing set on level ground a MINIMUM of (6)feet(1.83m)from any structure or obstruction such as a fence,garage,house,overhanging brabches,laundry lines,or electrical wires.
- Do not install home playground equipment over concrete,asphalt,packed earth,grass,carpet,or any other hard surface.A fall on yo a hard surface can result in serious injury to the equipment user.
- Do not place your swing set underneath electrical lines.lf you must,ensure that there is a minimum over head clearance of (6)feet(1.83m). The swing set should be assembled near the location it
Location and Placement of Your Swing Set
Proper placement and maintenance of protective surfacing is essencial. Be sure to:
- Extend surfacing at least 6 feet (1.83m) from the equipment in all directions. Swing set must be placed a minimum of 6 feet (1.83m) from any structure or obstruction such as a fence, garage, house, overhanging branches, laundry lines, or electrical wires.
- Do not place your swing set underneath electrical lines. If you must, ensure that there is a minimum overhead clearance of 6 feet (1.83m).
- Do not install swing set over concrete, asphalt, packed earth, grass, carpet, or any other hard surface. A fall on to a hard surface can result in serious injury to the equipment user.
- For safe playing swings, extend protective surfacing 12 feet (3.66m) in front of and behind the point of suspension of the swing.
- The following diagram shows how much obstacle-free surfacing should be used for the swing set. The shaded portion is where the protective surfacing must be placed.
|Monkey Bar Top Bar A||1|
|Monkey Bar Top Bar B||1|
|Round Disc Top Bar C||1|
|Monkey Bar L Support Leg||4|
|Monkey Bar Climbing tube A||5|
|Monkey Bar Climbing tube B||6|
|Round Disc Support Leg||1|
|Round Disc Leg Base||1|
|Climbing Net Anchor||3|
|Screw set M8*38 MM||8|
|Screw Set M8*40MM||34|
|U Screw Set||1|
|Screw Set M10*52 MM||2|
|Screw Set M8*42 MM||4|
- Getting climbing net (9) loop through monkey bar climbing tube A (5) before top bar B(2) and climbing tube A(5) and B assembly
- Assembling the climbing tube A (5) and Top Bar A(1) Together by screw b
Assembling the Monkey Bar support L support Leg (4) together with Monkey Bar Top Bar A (1) and Monkey Bar Top Bar B(6) by screw a as the above picture show
Getting climbing net (9) loop through climbing tube B(6) before climbing tube B and Monkey Bar L support Legs (4) assembly by screw b
Assembling the Round Disc Top Bar C(3) on the Monkey Bar Top Bar A(1) on the Monkey Bar Top A (1) by screw e
- Assembling the Round support leg *7) on the Round Disc Top bar C(3) by screw d
- Connect the shrinked end of Round Disc support leg (7) with Round Disc Leg Base (8) by Metal plate (13) and screw e
Assembling the Round Disc (10) on the Round Disc Top Bar C(3) by screw C
Assembling the Frame anchor (11) as below picture shows. please assemble them into the ground securely, and also need to pay attention to the direction
See “Anchoring” information on page 5
Assembling the Climbing net anchor (12) as below picture shows, please assemble them securely into the ground See “Anchoring” information on page 5
Information on Playground Surfacing Materials
Select Protective Surfacing
One of the most important things you can do to reduce the likelihood of serious head injuries is to install shock-absorbing protective surfacing under and around your play equipment. The protective surfacing should be applied to a depth that is suitable for the equipment height in accordance with ASTM Specification F1292. There are different types of surfacing to choose from; whichever product you select, follow these guidelines:
Maintain a minimum depth of 9 inches of loose-fill materials such as wood mulch/chips, engineered wood fibre (EWF), or shredded/recycled rubber mulch for equipment up to 8 feet high; and 9 inches of sand or pea gravel for equipment up to 5 feet high. NOTE: An initial fill level of 12 inches will compress to about a 9- inch depth of surfacing over time. The surfacing will also compact, displace, and settle, and should be periodically refilled to maintain at least a 9- inch depth.
Use a minimum of 6 inches of protective surfacing for play equipment less than 4 feet in height. If maintained properly, this should be adequate. (At depths less than 6 inches, the protective material is too easily displaced or compacted.)
NOTE: Do not install home playground equipment over concrete, asphalt, or any other hard surface. A fall onto a hard surface can result in serious injury to the equipment user. Grass and dirt are not considered protective surfacing because wear and environmental factors can reduce their shock absorbing effectiveness. Carpeting and thin mats are generally not adequate protective surfacing. Ground level equipment – such as a sandbox, activity wall, playhouse or other equipment that has no elevated play surface – does not need any protective surfacing. Use containment, such as digging out around the perimeter and/or lining the perimeter with landscape edging. Don’t forget to account for water drainage. Check and maintain the depth of the loose-fill surfacing material. To maintain the right amount of loose- fill materials, mark the correct level on play equipment support posts. That way you can easily see when to replenish and/or redistribute the surfacing.
Do not install loose fill surfacing over hard surfaces such as concrete or asphalt. Poured-In-Place Surfaces or Pre-Manufactured Rubber Tiles—You may be interested in using surfacing other than loose-fill materials – like rubber tiles or poured-in-place surfaces. Installations of these surfaces generally require a professional and are not “do-it-yourself’ projects.
Review surface specifications before purchasing this type of surfacing. Ask the installer/manufacturer for a report showing that the product has been tested to the following safety standard: ASTM F1292 Standard Specification for Impact Attenuation of Surfacing Materials within the Use Zone of Playground Equipment.
This report should show the specific height for which the surface is intended to protect against serious head injury. This height should be equal to or greater than the fall height — vertical distance between a designated play surface (elevated surface for standing, sitting, or climbing) and the protective surfacing below — of your play equipment. Check the protective surfacing frequently for wear.
MADE IN CHINA
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: +61 423 259 751
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.
The date of purchase:
The components will deteriorate over time.
Documents / Resources
|Kmart Monkey Bar Swing Set [pdf] Instruction Manual|
Monkey Bar Swing Set, 43007615