Huawei WS331c Range Extender User Manual
Step 1: Plug the WS331c into a power socket near the wireless router
How to restore default settings: When the WS331a is powered on, use a needle to press and hold the Reset key for 2 seconds or more until the indicator becomes off. For the full user guide, visit http://consumer.huawei.com/en/.
Step 2: Wirelessly connecting WS331c to the wireless router
Method 1: Automatic Connection through WPS Button
Method 2: Manual Connection through the WS331c Web Page
You can configure the WS331c using a phone, tablet, or laptop. This guide uses a phone as an example.
1. Check the WS331c’s Wi-Fi network name (unencrypted by default), and then wirelessly connect your phone to the Wi-Fi network.
On your phone, open a browser and enter 192.168.3.1 or mediarouter.home to access the WS331a configuration screen. Then enter the login password (default value: admin).
3. Touch Internet Connection Wizard. Complete the configuration by following the Internet Connection
1. Safety information
This section contains important information about the operation of your device. It also contains information about how to use the device safely. Read this information carefully before using your device.
Do not use your device if using the device is prohibited. Do not use the device if doing so causes danger or interference with other electronic devices.
Interference with medical equipment
– Follow rules and regulations set forth by hospitals and health care facilities. Do not use your device where prohibited.
– Some wireless devices may affect the performance of hearing aids or pacemakers. Consult your service provider for more information.
– Pacemaker manufacturers recommend that a minimum distance of 15 cm be maintained between a device and a pacemaker to prevent potential interference with the pacemaker. If using a pacemaker, hold the device on the side opposite the pacemaker and do not carry the device in your front pocket.
Areas with flammables and explosives
– Do not use the device where flammables or explosives are stored (in a gas station, oil depot, or chemical plant, for example). Using your device in these environments increases the risk of explosion or fire. In addition, follow the instructions indicated in text or symbols.
– Do not store or transport the device in containers with flammable liquids, gases, or explosives.
Avoid dusty, damp, or dirty environments. Avoid magnetic fields. Using the device in these environments may result in circuit malfunctions.
– Keep the device away from electronic appliances that generate strong magnetic or electric fields, such as a microwave oven or refrigerator.
– During thunderstorms, power off your device to protect against lightning strikes.
– Do not use your device during thunderstorms to protect your device against any danger caused by lightning.
– Ideal operating temperatures are 0°C to 40°C. Extreme heat or cold may damage your device or accessories.
– Keep the device and accessories in a well-ventilated and cool area away from direct sunlight.
Do not enclose or cover your device with towels or other objects. Do not place the device in a container with poor heat dissipation, such as a box or bag.
– To protect your device or accessories from fire or electrical shock hazards, avoid rain and moisture.
– Keep the device away from sources of heat and fire, such as a heater, microwave oven, stove, water heater, radiator, or candle.
– Observe local laws and regulations, and respect the privacy and legal rights of others.
– Do not block device openings. Reserve a minimum of 10 cm around the device to dissipate heat.
– Stop using your device or applications for a while if the device is overheated. If skin is exposed to an overheated device for an extended period, low temperature burn symptoms, such as red spots and darker pigmentation, may occur.
– Do not touch the device’s antenna. Otherwise, communication quality may be reduced.
– Do not allow children or pets to bite or suck the device or accessories. Doing so may result in damage or explosion.
– The device should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 cm between the radiator and your body.
– Keep the device in a place with good reception. The distance between the device and other
metal materials (such as metal brackets or metal doors and windows) should be greater than
25 cm and the distance between the device should be greater than 30 cm.
– Comply with all precautions with regard to child’s safety. Letting children play with the device or its accessories may be dangerous. The device includes detachable parts that may present a choking hazard. Keep away from children.
– The device and its accessories are not intended for use by children. Children should only use the device with adult supervision.
Power adapter safety
– The power plug is intended to serve as a disconnect device.
– For pluggable devices, the socket-outlet shall be installed near the devices and shall be easily accessible.
– Unplug the power adapter from electrical outlets and the device when not in use.
– Do not drop or cause an impact to the power adapter. If it is damaged, take it to an authorized service center for inspection.
– If the power cable is damaged (for example, the cord is exposed or broken), or the plug loosens, stop using it at once. Continued use may lead to electric shocks, short circuits, or fire.
– Do not touch the device or the power adapter with wet hands. Doing so may lead to short circuits, malfunctions, or electric shocks.
– If your power adapter has been exposed to water, other liquids, or excessive moisture, take it to an authorized service center for inspection.
Cleaning and maintenance
– During storage, transportation, and operation of the device, keep it dry and protect it from collision.
– Keep the device and accessories dry. Do not attempt to dry it with an external heat source, such as a microwave oven or hair dryer.
– Do not expose your device or accessories to extreme heat or cold. These environments may interfere with proper function and may lead to fire or explosion.
– Avoid collision, which may lead to device malfunctions, overheating, fire, or explosion.
– If the device is not going to be used for an extended period of time, power it off.
– If anything unusual occurs (for example, if the device emits smoke or any unusual sound or smell), immediately stop using it, power it off and contact an authorized service center.
– Before you clean or maintain the device, stop using it, stop all applications, and disconnect all cables connected to it.
– Do not use any chemical detergent, powder, or other chemical agents (such as alcohol and benzene) to clean the device or accessories. These substances may cause damage to parts or present a fire hazard. Use a clean, soft, and dry cloth to clean the device and accessories.
– Do not place magnetic stripe cards, such as credit cards and phone cards, near the device for extended periods of time. Otherwise the magnetic stripe cards may be damaged.
– Do not dismantle or remanufacture the device and its accessories. This voids the warranty and releases the manufacturer from liability for damage. In case of damage, contact an authorized service center for assistance or repair.
Disposal and recycling information
This symbol (with or without a solid bar) on the device, batteries (if included), and/or the packaging, indicates that the device and its electrical accessories (for example, a headset, adapter, or cable) and batteries should not be disposed of as household garbage. These items should not be disposed of as unsorted municipal waste and should be taken to a certified collection point for recycling or proper disposal.
For more detailed information about device or battery recycling, contact your local city office, household waste disposal service, or retail store.
Disposal of the device and batteries (if included) is subject to WEEE Directive Recast (Directive 2012/19/EU) and Battery Directive (Directive 2006/66/EC). The purpose of separating WEEE and batteries from other waste is to minimize the potential environmental impacts and human
health risk of any hazardous substances that may be present.
Reduction of hazardous substances
This device is compliant with the REACH Regulation [Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006] and RoHS
Directive Recast (Directive 2011/65/EU). Batteries (if included) are compliant with the Battery
Directive (Directive 2006/66/EC). For up-to-date information about REACH and RoHS
compliance, please visit the web site www.huaweidevice.com/certification.
EU regulatory conformance Statement
Hereby, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. declares that this device is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC. For the declaration of conformity, visit the web site www.huaweidevice.com/certification. The following marking is included in the product:
This device may be operated in all member states of the EU. Observe national and local regulations where the device is used. This device may be restricted for use, depending on the local network.
Restrictions in the 2.4 GHz band:
Norway: This subsection does not apply for the geographical area within a radius of 20 km from the centre of Ny-Ålesund.
FCC Regulatory Compliance
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the
instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
–Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
–Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
–Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
–Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Caution: Any changes or modifications to this device not expressly approved by Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This device is intended to be attached to a receiver that is not used to receive over-the-air broadcast signals. Connection of this device in any other fashion may cause harmful interference to radio communications and is in violation of the FCC Rules, part 15.
2 Legal Notice
Copyright © Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 2014. All rights reserved.
THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY, AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY KIND OF WARRANTIES.
3 For More Help
Please visit www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/support/hotline for recently updated hotline and email address in your country or region.