Honeywell PROWIFI Wireless Communication Module Installation Guide
The PROWIFI Wireless Communication Module provides PRO Series Control Panels with a Wi-Fi connection and permits them to communicate with the Central Station and PRO Series Wireless Touchscreens via Wi-Fi. The module connects directly to the Control Panel and is powered via the Control Panel’s connection. Refer to the applicable Control Panel’s Installation and Setup Guide for additional information.
INSTALLING THE MODULE
Ensure that all electrical power is removed from the control before installing the module. Unplug the power supply and disconnect the backup battery.
- Affix the provided FCC/IC label (P/N R800- 26437A for the PROWIFI) on the control’s case back (refer to Figure 1).
- If the Control Panel is not powered up proceed to step 7. If the Control Panel is powered up, disarm the system and wait 30- 60 seconds:
- Unplug the power supply.
- Remove the screw securing the control to the wall or desk mount.
- Remove the control from the wall or desk mount.
- Disconnect the battery.
- Remove the left side cover from the control.
- Insert the PROWIFI module into the slot on the left side of the control as shown in Figure 2 and ensure the receptacle is securely seated on the control’s edge connector.
- Secure with the screw.
- Install the left side cover.
- Connect the battery.
- Install the control on the wall or desk mount.
- Plug the power supply into a 24-hour, 110VAC unswitched outlet.
Note: The PROWIFI requires a router and internet service for Wi-Fi connection.
- Programming associated with the PROWIFI module is conducted through the AlarmNet 360™ Programming Tool. On a laptop, PC or Smart Device, go to www.alarmnet360.com.
- When programming is complete, perform a Communications Test.
Board Dimensions: 1.625” W x 2.625” L x 0.3125” D
Input Voltage Range: 3.6 – 14V, Max 17V
Input Voltage: 3.5V
Current Drain: 250mA
Temperature: 32°F (0°C) to 140°F (60°C)
REFER TO THE INSTALLATION AND SETUP GUIDE FOR THE CONTROL WITH WHICH THIS DEVICE IS USED FOR WARRANTY INFORMATION AND LIMITATIONS OF THE ENTIRE SYSTEM.
FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION & ISED STATEMENTS
The user shall not make any changes or modifications to the equipment unless authorized by the Installation Instructions or User’s Manual. Unauthorized changes or modifications could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
FCC CLASS B STATEMENT
This equipment has been tested to FCC requirements and has been found acceptable for use. The FCC requires the following statement for your information:
This equipment generates and uses radio frequency energy and if not installed and used properly, that is, in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, may cause interference to radio and television reception. It has been type tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B computing device in accordance with the specifications in Part 15 of FCC Rules, which are designed to provide reasonable protection against such interference in a residential installation. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- If using an indoor antenna, replace it with a quality outdoor antenna.
- Reorient the receiving antenna until interference is reduced or eliminated.
- Move the radio or television receiver away from the receiver/control.
- Move the antenna leads away from any wire runs to the receiver/control.
- Plug the receiver/control into a different outlet so that it and the radio or television receiver are on different branch circuits.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Responsible Party / Issuer of Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity: Ademco Inc., a subsidiary of Resideo Technologies, Inc., 2 Corporate Center Dr., Melville, NY 11747, Ph: 516-577-2000.
ISED CLASS B STATEMENT
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
FCC / ISED STATEMENT
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, and ISED’s license exempt RSSs. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
RF Exposure Warning
The antenna(s) used for this transmitter must be installed to provide a separation distance of at least 7.8 inches (20 cm) from all persons and must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter except in accordance with FCC and ISED multitransmitter product procedures.
The product should not be disposed of with other household waste. Check for the nearest authorized collection centers or authorized recyclers. The correct disposal of end-of-life equipment will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health.
Any attempt to reverse-engineer this device by decoding proprietary protocols, de-compiling firmware, or any similar actions is strictly prohibited.
SUPPORT & WARRANTY INFORMATION
For the latest documentation and support, please go to: www.resideo.com
For the latest warranty information, please go to: www.security.honeywellhome.com/warranty
The Honeywell Home Trademark is used under license from Honeywell International Inc.
This product manufactured by Resideo Technologies, Inc. and its affiliates
2 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 100
P.O. Box 9040, Melville, NY 11747
2020 Resideo Technologies, Inc.
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell PROWIFI Wireless Communication Module [pdf] Installation Guide|
8DLPROWIFI, CFS8DLPROWIFI, PROWIFI Wireless Communication Module, PROWIFI, Wireless Communication Module
- Smart Home Products and Systems | Resideo
- AlarmNet 360 - Login
- U.S. Security Product Warranty | Resideo Pro