Helium Network Tabs
Set Up Your Device
Having trouble? Get technical support at tabs.io/support.
Connect your Tabs system to the rest of your smart home. Use the two buttons to send custom messages to family members, or use IFTTT to create custom actions between Tabs and other smart devices or services.
What’s in the Box
By pressing either button on the device, a preset message will be sent to the app. The message will alert the app user and will be displayed on the device’s timeline in the app.
Messages can be set for each button by going to the Control tab, selecting a push button, and then choosing Messages. Sending a message could take several minutes.
After the button is pressed, the green LED will quickly flash. Once the message is sent, the LED will light up again.
The red LED will flash once per minute when low battery is detected.
The current battery level of your devices can be viewed within the Tabs app. The app will automatically alert you when a device’s battery level is low.
To charge your push button, locate its battery tab (on right). Lift up the tab, and connect the smaller side of the provided USB-C to A cable. Connect the larger side to the USB port on the back of your Tabs Hub, to your computer, or to your phone’s USB wall adapter. The green light will be solid while charging and fade on and off when charging is complete.
The Tabs App
About the App
Manage all of your devices, create custom alerts, and more with our easy-to-use app.
Make your Tabs system even more powerful by connecting it to other smart home systems and devices with IFTTT.
Setting Up IFTTT
- Make sure IFTTT Integration is turned on by going to Alerts under Settings in the side menu .
- Download the IFTTT app by searching in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for premade Tabs applets, or create your own.
Important Product & Safety Instructions
For the most current and more detailed information about Tabs features and settings as well as safety instructions, visit tabs.io/support before the use of any Tabs products or services.
Certain sensors contain magnets. Keep away from ALL children! Do not put in nose or mouth. Swallowed magnets can stick to intestines causing serious injury or death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed.
These products are not toys and contain small parts that can be dangerous to children under three years old. Do not allow children or pets to play with products.
Observe proper precautions when handling batteries. Batteries may leak or explode if improperly handled.
Observe the following precautions to avoid a sensor explosion or fire:
- Do not drop, disassemble, open, crush, bend, deform, puncture, shred, microwave, incinerate, or paint the sensors, Hub, or other hardware.
- Do not insert foreign objects into any opening on the sensors or Hub, such as the USB port.
- Do not use the hardware if it has been damaged—for example, if cracked, punctured, or harmed by water.
- Disassembling or puncturing the battery (whether integrated or removable) can cause an explosion or fire.
- Do not dry the sensors or battery with an external heat source such as a microwave oven or hair dryer.
- Do not place naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, on or near the equipment.
- The battery should not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire, or the like.
- Do not dismantle, open, or shred battery pack or cells.
- Do not expose batteries to heat or fire. Avoid storage in direct sunlight.
- Do not short-circuit the battery. Do not store batteries in a box or drawer where they may short-circuit each other or be short-circuited by other metal objects.
- Do not remove a battery from its original packaging until required for use.
- Do not subject batteries to mechanical shock.
- In the event of a battery leaking, do not allow the liquid to come in contact with skin or eyes. If contact has been made, wash the affected area with copious amounts of water, and seek medical advice.
- Do not use any charger other than that specifically provided for use with the equipment.
- Observe the plus (+) and minus (-) marks on the battery and equipment, and ensure correct use.
- Do not use any battery which is not designed for use with the product.
- Do not mix cells of different manufacture, capacity, size, or type within a device.
- Keep batteries out of the reach of children.
- Seek medical advice immediately if a battery has been swallowed.
- Always purchase the correct battery for the equipment.
- Keep batteries clean and dry.
- Wipe the battery terminals with a clean, dry cloth if they become dirty.
- Rechargeable batteries need to be charged before use. Always use the correct charger, and refer to the manufacturer’s instructions or equipment manual for proper charging instructions.
- Do not leave a rechargeable battery on prolonged charge when not in use.
- Avoid exposing your sensors or batteries to very cold or very hot temperatures. Low or high temperature conditions may temporarily shorten the battery life or cause the sensors to temporarily stop working.
- Take care in setting up the Hub and other hardware. Follow all installation instructions in the User Guide. Failure to do so may result in injury.
- Do not install hardware equipment while standing in water or with wet hands. Failure to do so can result in electric shock or death. Use caution when setting up all electronic equipment.
- When charging the sensors, do not handle the sensors with wet hands. Failure to observe this precaution could result in electric shock.
- Do not use the Tabs application while driving or in other situations where distractions could be hazardous. Always be aware of your surroundings when using the Wristband Locator or other sensors.
- The Wristband Locator may cause skin irritation. Prolonged contact may contribute to skin irritation or allergies in some users. To reduce irritation, follow four simple wear and care tips: (1) Keep it clean; (2) Keep it dry; (3) Don’t wear it too tight; and (4) Give your wrist a rest by removing the band for an hour after extended wear.
PROP 65 WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Cleaning Tabs Products: Use a clean, dry cloth or wipe to clean Tabs products. Do not use detergent or abrasive materials to clean the Tabs products, as this may damage the sensors.
Limited Warranty: To the extent permitted by the law in the country in which Tabs products are available for purchase, TrackNet warrants that for a period of one (1) year from original date of purchase, the product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. In the event of a defect, contact TrackNet Customer Support (tabs. io/support) for assistance. TrackNet’s sole obligation under this warranty will be, at its option, to repair or replace the product. This warranty does not apply to products damaged by misuse, accident, or normal wear and tear. Damage resulting from use with non-Tracknet’s batteries, power cables, or other battery charging/recharging accessories or devices is also not covered by this or any warranty. NO OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) ARE PROVIDED AND ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A SPECIFIC OR GENERAL PURPOSE AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR BY LAW OR FROM A CAUSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, SHALL TRACKNET BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ARISING UNDER BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER RELATED TO THE USE OF THE TABS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Hereby, TrackNet declares that the radio equipment for Tabs products is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules and license-exempt RSS Standards of Industry Canada. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. For the full FCC/IC Compliance Statements and EU declaration of conformity, visit www.tabs.io/legal.
This symbol means that according to local laws and regulations, your product should be disposed of separately from household waste. When this product reaches its end of life, take it to a collection point designated by local authorities. Some collection points accept products for free. The separate collection and recycling of your product at the time of disposal will help conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment.
Having trouble? Get technical support at tabs.io/support.
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!