Dusun DSM-102 Zwave Module
DSM-102 is a low power-consuming embedded Z-wave module developed By Roombanker. It consists of the highly integrated wireless radio processor chip, ZGM130S037HGN1, and several peripherals, with a built-in ZWAVE protocol stack and robust library functions. This data terminal device is embedded with the high-performance 32-bit 39 MHz ARM Cortex®-M4 CPU with DSP instructions and floating point unit for efficient signal processing, 512 KB flash memory, 64 KB RAM data memory, and robust peripheral resources. It is mainly used for Z-WAVE coordinator device.
Product Feature Summary
- High-performance 32-bit 39 MHz ARM Cortex®-M4 with DSP instructions and floating point unit for efficient signal processing
- Up to 512kB Flash programming memory
- Up to 64kB RAM data memory
- Working voltage: 1.8 V to 3.8 V
- Z-wave operating feature
- Supporting 908.42MHz, rate of 100Kbps
- Dimension: 17 x 22 x 2.8 mm
- Working temperature: –40°C to +85°C
- Certification CE, FCC, SRRC
- Intelligent Building
- Intelligent Home and Household Applications
- Industrial Wireless Control
DSM-102 provides two rows of pins(2 * 14) with the pin pitch of 1.27±0.1mm Dimensions: 17±0.35 mm (W) x 22±0.35 mm (L) x 2.8±0.15 mm (H).
|1||GND||P||Power supply reference ground pin|
|2||ANT||RF||RF signal input/output port, which corresponds to ANT of IC|
|3||GND||P||Power supply reference ground pin|
|7||PD14||I/O||Corresponding to PD14 of IC|
|8||PD15||I/O||Corresponding to PD15 of IC|
|9||PB11||I/O||Corresponding to PB11 of IC|
|10||PB12||I/O||Corresponding to PB12 of IC|
|11||PB13||I/O||Corresponding to PB13 of IC|
|12||PB14||I/O||Corresponding to PB14 of IC|
|13||PB15||I/O||Corresponding to P15 of IC|
|17||PF3||I/O||Corresponding to PF3 of IC|
|18||PF2||I/O||Corresponding to PF2 of IC|
|20||GND||P||Power supply reference ground pin|
|21||VCC||P||Power supply pin (3.3V)|
|22||RX0||I||Corresponding to internal RXD0 of IC|
|23||TX0||O||Corresponding to internal TXD0 of IC|
|24||SWDIO||I/O||Corresponding to internal SWDIO of IC|
|25||SWCLK||I/O||Corresponding to internal SWCLK of IC|
|26||PC11||I/O||Corresponding to PC11 of IC|
|27||PC10||I/O||Corresponding to PC10 of IC|
|28||nRESET||I||Hardware reset pin, which is at a high level by default and is
active at a low level
Absolute electrical parameters
|Parameter||Description||Typical value||Minimum value||Maximum value||Unit|
|Static electricity voltage
(human body model)
|Static electricity voltage
Basic RF feature
|Data transmission rate||100kbps max|
|Antenna port||IPEX interface|
TX performance (Performance during constant transmission)
|Maximum output power||–||–||–||dBm|
|Minimum output power||–||-30||–||dBm|
|Output power adjustment step||–||0.5||dBm|
|Output spectrum adjacent-
channel rejection ratio
RX performance (RX sensitivity)
|PER<1%, RX sensitivity||-102.6||–||-97.5||dBm|
This product uses IPEX interface connect to external antenna such as stick antenna.
Antenna interference reduction
To ensure optimal RF performance, it is recommended that the antenna be at least 15 mm away from other metal parts. If metal materials are wrapped around the antenna, the wireless signals will be reduced greatly, deteriorating the RF performance.
Use an SMT placement machine to mount components to the stamp holemodule that DUSUN produces within 24 hours after the module is unpackedand the firmware is burned. If not, vacuum packs the module again. Bake themodule before mounting components to the module.
- SMT placement equipment:
- Reflow soldering machine
- Automated optical inspection (AOI) equipment
- Nozzle with a 6 mm to 8 mm diameter
- Baking equipment:
- Cabinet oven
- Anti-static heat-resistant trays
- Anti-static heat-resistant gloves
Storage conditions for a delivered module are as follows:
- The moisture-proof bag is placed in an environment where the temperature isbelow 30℃ and the relative humidity is lower than 70%.
- The shelf life of a dry-packaged product is six months from the date when theproduct is packaged and sealed.
- The package contains a humidity indicator card (HIC).
Bake a module based on HIC status as follows when you unpack the modulepackage:
- If the 30%, 40%, and 50% circles are blue, bake the module for 2 consecutivehours.
- If the 30% circle is pink, bake the module for 4 consecutive hours.
- If the 30% and 40% circles are pink, bake the module for 6 consecutive hours.
- If the 30%, 40%, and 50% circles are pink, bake the module for 12 consecutivehours.
- Baking temperature: 125±5℃
- Alarm temperature: 130℃
SMT placement ready temperature after natural cooling: < 36℃
- Number of drying times: 1
- Rebaking condition: The module is not soldered within 12 hours after baking.
Do not use SMT to process modules that have been unpacked for over three months. Electroless nickel immersion gold (ENIG) is used for the PCBs. If the solder padsare exposed to the air for over three months, they will be oxidized severely anddry joints or solder skips may occur. Roombanker is not liable for such problems and consequences. Before SMT placement, take electrostatic discharge (ESD) protective measures. To reduce the reflow defect rate, draw 10% of the products for visual inspection and AOI before first SMT placement to determine a proper oven temperatureand component placement method. Draw 5 to 10 modules every hour from subsequent batches for visual inspection and AOI.
Recommended oven temperature curve
Perform SMT placement based on the following reflow oven temperature curve. The highest temperature is 245℃. Based on the IPC/JEDEC standard, perform reflow soldering on a module at most twice.
MOQ and packing
|PER<1%, RX sensitivity||-102.6||–||-97.5||dBm|
Caution: Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. FCC Radiation Exposure Statement: This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more ofthe following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Documents / Resources
|Dusun DSM-102 Zwave Module [pdf] User Manual|
DSM-102, DSM102, 2AWWF-DSM-102, 2AWWFDSM102, DSM-102 Zwave Module, DSM-102, Zwave Module