dupray DUP020WNA Neat Multi-Use Steam Cleaner
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury, the following safety precautions should always be followed when using an electrical appliance.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.
Any appliance is electrically live even when switched off. To reduce risk of electrical shock:
- Always unplug power cord immediately after use.
- Do not place or store unit where it can fall or be pulled into a sink or tub.
- Do not place in, or drop into water or other liquid.
- If unit falls into water, immediately unplug power cord. Do not reach into the water.
To reduce risk of burns, electrocution, fire, or injury to persons:
- Use Neat™ steam cleaner only for its intended purpose as indicated in this manual.
- Before plugging power cord into electrical outlet, be sure that all electrical information the label conforms with your power supply.
- To reduce likelihood of circuit overload, DO NOT operate another high wattage appliance on the same circuit as this unit.
- To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not immerse unit in water or other liquids. Do not use power cord as handle, let it hang over edges of counters, or damaged by doors.
- Never yank power cord to disconnect from outlet; instead, grasp plug and pull to disconnect.
- Do not operate unit with a damaged power cord or if the unit has been dropped or dam-aged. To avoid risk of electrical shock, do not disassemble unit; contact Dupray Customer Service for examination and repair. Incorrect reassembly can cause a risk of electrical shock when unit is used.
- Close supervision is required for any appliance being used near children, pets and plants. Do not leave unit unattended while plugged in.
- This unit is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the unit by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not use unit where aerosol-based products are being used, or where oxygen is being administered.
- Unit is only meant to be used with recommended Neat™ steam cleaner accessories. Using other types of attachments may cause damage to unit or injury.
- If status indicator does not illuminate when power button is pressed while power cord is plugged in, unit is not operating normally. Immediately disconnect cord from power supply, then refer to troubleshooting guide of this manual for assistance.
- Always turn unit off and unplug power cord before filling the boiler with water.
Do not attempt to use unit without properly filling the boiler.
- When filling the boiler, only water should be used – other cleaning agents could damage unit or cause injury. Distilled or de-mineralized water is highly recommended, in order to minimize potential build-up of mineral deposits.
- To avoid burns from escaping steam when removing boiler cap to refill unit:
- Always allow unit to cool for 20 minutes before opening it.
- Press and hold steam trigger to release ALL remaining steam.
- To reduce risk of contact with hot water or condensation emitting from steam hose, check appliance before each use by positioning it away from body and turning it on. Do not oper-ate unit if steam hose is blocked.
- Burns can occur from touching hot metal parts, accessories, hot water, or steam. Do not touch steam hose lance or attempt to connect accessories while unit is in use. Do not touch bottom of floor tool or attempt to attach a microfiber pad by hand while unit is in use. Use caution when you turn unit upside down – there may be hot water in the boiler.
- Use caution when using unit on uneven surfaces, such as stairs.
- When steaming any surface for the first time, it is recommended that you consult the manufacturer’s guidelines for material being steamed. For items in question, test on an inconspicuous area before proceeding.
- Steaming unsealed hardwood or unglazed ceramic surfaces is not recommended, and may result in warping or damage to the surface. Steam may remove the sheen from surfaces treated with wax.
- When steam mopping, never leave unit resting in one spot on any surface for any period of time – prolonged exposure to heat and moisture may damage floor surfaces.
- Do not allow power cord to touch hot surfaces during use. Secure the cord on the cord wrap when storing.
- Always allow the steam cleaner to cool completely (at least 30 minutes) and empty
the boiler before storing. Do not store unit with a damp microfiber pad still attached.
- DANGER: When doing the boiler maintenance, never use anything else then 50/50 water to vinegar ratio in the boiler. Other common household descaling products or cleaning chemicals can cause important damages to the boiler, resulting in potential damages, injuries, and/or death.
Steam is a powerful tool. Like any other tool, it should be used with caution. Certain surfaces, fabrics, materials and finishes are water and heat sensitive and can be damaged or discolored by steam.
- ALWAYS check with the manufacturer of the surface or product being cleaned before using steam. TEST a small, hidden surface to make sure the surface can be steamed.
- DO NOT leave steam in one spot on any surface for any period of time with
a wet cleaning cloth/pad attached as this will damage your floors.
- DO NOT use on unsealed wood, on wood or tile floors that are highly worn, unfinished or have a wax or oil finish. Surfaces that have been treated with wax or no-wax floors may be damaged by heat.
- DO NOT use on leather, synthetic fabrics, velvet or other delicate,
- DO NOT use the steam cleaner for any other purpose than what is described
in the instructions manual.
In no event is Dupray liable for incidental or consequential damages to anyone, of any nature whatsoever. Some states/provinces do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
Questions? We’re here to help.
+44 3330 112660
- Power button
- Status indicator
- Retractable handle
- Steam trigger
- Accessory release button
- Steam hose
- Steam trigger lock
- Electrical cord
- Cord wrap
- Boiler cap
- Extension tubes (2)
- Steam lance
- Microfiber pads (3)
- Floor tool
- Triangular tool
- Window tool
- Nylon brushes (5)
- Brass brush
- Microfiber cloth
- Microfiber bonnet
FILLING WITH WATER
Unscrew and remove the boiler cap 10 .Pour water in the boiler until it’s full. Max: 40 oz. (1200 ml)
Never put anything else than clean water in the boiler.
- Using demineralized water prevents mineral build up and prolongs the life of the unit.
- Hold the steam trigger during refills to make it faster.
Put the boiler cap 10 back on tightly.
REFILLING DURING/AFTER USE
Important: To avoid burns from escaping steam when removing the boiler cap:
- Press and hold the steam trigger 4 to release all the remaining steam.
- Allow 20 minutes for the unit to cool down.
Repeat steps for filling with water.
HOW TO USE YOUR NEAT™ STEAM CLEANER
Once filled with water, connect the electrical cord 8 to your power supply then press the power button 1 on the front of your Neat™.The status indicator 2 will light up.Indicates the boiler is generating steam. The Neat™ needs approximately 8 minutes to generate the initial optimal amount of steam. Indicates that the Neat™ is at its maximum steam capacity.During use, the indicator 2 will switch between green and orange since the boiler generates steam as you use it.
HOW TO ATTACH THE ACCESSORIES
Insert the male part into the female part.
When properly attached the accessory release button 5 should have clicked into the other piece’s inserts.
TO DETACHPress in the accessory release button 5 and hold it down.
Pull the two pieces appart.
Burns can occur from touching hot metal parts, hot water, brushes, accessories, pads tips or steam. Do not touch the steam hose or attempt to connect accessories while the unit is in use. STEAM LANCE
Use the lance to clean surfaces that are difficult to reach.
You can use the lance with or without the brushes and use the microfiber cloth 19 to wipe off moisture.
USE IT WITH A BRUSH
(the black ones)Ideal for delicate surfaces like:
- stove tops
- waste cans
(the gold one)
Use on scratch-proof surfaces like:
- BBQ grills
- oven wire racks
CAUTION: Hot parts. Do not handle brushes while steaming.
USE THE FLOOR TOOL WITH A MICROFIBER PAD
Lay one microfiber pad 13 on a flat surface, with fastener strips facing upward.
Align the floor tool 14 with the pad. Make sure the floor tool is oriented with the pad, and centered as best as possible.
Press the tool firmly down onto the pad. Fastener strips will adhere
to pad grips on the underside of the tool.
NOTE: Microfiber pads are machine washable. To avoid picking up lint, washing separately from other fabrics is recommended. Only use liquid detergent. Avoid using any fabric soften-ers or bleach. Air drying is recommended; machine drying on a low heator air dry setting is acceptable as well.
OR A MICROFIBER CLOTH
Fold the microfiber cloth 19 on a flat surface.
Place the floor tool 14 centered on the cloth and attach the cloth to the tool with the clips on each side.
THE FLOOR TOOL WITH CLOTH OR PAD IS PERFECT FOR:
- sealed hardwood
- sealed laminate
- glazed ceramic
- stained concrete
AVOID USING ON:
- unsealed hardwood
- unglazed ceramic
Care should also be taken when steaming sealed hardwood floors, as prolonged exposure to steam in a single spot may cause damage and discoloration. To avoid this, keep the floor tool in constant motion on these surfaces.
Steam may remove the sheen from some floors that have been treated with wax.
Before steaming any flooring, it is recommended to consult the manufacturer’s guidelines.
The triangular tool is the best tool to clean and sanitize:
- car interiors
Pair it with a microfiber bonnet to reach higher temperatures and pick up dirt.
Makes window and mirror cleaning a breeze.
- car windshields
- soap scum and grime
- shower glass doors
- mirrors and glass
MAINTENANCE CLEANING THE BOILER
To maintain your steam cleaner in good condition and to ensure constant performance, we recommend that you periodically clean the boiler after every 40 hours of use or less depending on water hardness.
Before cleaning the boiler, make sure that the boiler is at room temperature, that it has not been used for at least 8 hours, and that the steam cleaner is disconnected from the power source.
Read all instructions before proceeding.
Unscrew and remove the boiler cap 10 . Turn the steam cleaner over and empty all the remaining water from the boiler. Fill the boiler with equal parts of water and white vinegar (for a maximum of 17 oz. or 500 ml) and leave the boiler cap 10 open. Let sit for 40 minutes maximum.Drain the boiler, and rinse three times with water, or more, until all vinegar smell has disappeared. Replace the boiler cap 10 .
The Neat™ is design to prevent overfilling.
A small quantity of water will stay inside the boiler.
To fully remove the remaining water:
Turn ON the Neat™ by pressing the power button 1 .
Lock the steam trigger 4 by pushing down the steam trigger lock button 7 while holding the steam trigger.Let the machine evacuate the steam until there is no more.
DANGER: Never use anything else then 50/50 water to vinegar ratio in the boiler. Other common household descaling products or cleaning chemicals can cause important damages to the boiler, resulting in potential damages, injuries, and/or death.
DO NOT leave the water/vinegar solution inside the boiler for longer than the prescribed maximum time.
|Unit fails to heat up. The status indi- cator 2 does not illuminate when power button 1 is pressed.||Unit is not plugged in.||Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet.|
|Household circuit breaker /ground fault interrupter has tripped or blown a fuse.||Reset circuit breaker / ground fault interrupter, or replace fuse. If you need assistance contact a licensed electrician.|
|Unit is damaged or otherwise in need of repair.||Immediately cease usage and unplug. Contact consumer service for further assistance.|
|Unit fails to heat up. The status indicator 2 does illuminate orange when power button 1 is pressed.||Boiler is empty.||Refer to filling with water section page 7.|
|Mineral build-up in unit.||Refer to cleaning the boiler section on page 13.|
|Unit is damaged or otherwise in need of repair.||Immediately cease usage and un- plug. Contact consumer service for further assistance.|
|Steam output is weak or intermittent.||Water level in boiler is running low.||Refer to refilling with water page 7.|
|Mineral build-up in unit.||Refer to cleaning the boiler section on page 13.|
|Excessive amount of water in steam.
Note: Unit produces condensation – it is normal for steam to contain some amount of water.
|Water condensation in steam hose or steam hose is cold.||Point steam hose towards sink, tub or ground and shake while pressing steam release trigger 4 . Continue until excess water is released.
During use the steam hose will heat up and remove the condensation.
|Unit is not heated to full operating temperature.||Wait until the status indicator 2
turns to green.
|Accessories do not stay firmly connected to steam hose.||Accessories not properly installed.||Check to make sure that accessories are properly connected, per proce- dures on page 9.|
|Floor surfaces appear cloudy or streaky after steaming.||Microfiber pad is dirty.||Replace microfiber pad with a clean one.|
|Hard water residue on floor or old soap residue remaining.||Switch to distilled or de-mineralized water. Old soap residue should go away after a few passes.|
- For a period of twelve (12) months following the purchase of the Product (the “Warranty period”), if the Client has used the Product under normal use and in strict conformity with the instructions and/or manual of operations provided by Dupray and discovers any defects in material orworkmanship and notifies Dupray in writing thereof during the Warranty period, Dupray shall use reasonable commercial efforts to repair or replace that portion of the Product found by Dupray to be defective in material or workmanship or refund the purchase price of the Product or replace the Product or a portion of same. If the product is not repairable, a refurbished equivalent product, or a replacement equivalent product or a store gift certificate equivalent to the current value towards the purchase of a new product will be issued. If Dupray exchanges the Covered Equipment, the original product becomes Dupray’s property and the replacement product is your property, with coverage effective for the remaining time of the Warranty period.
- For the Warranty period starting twelve (12) months after the purchase of the product to a maximum of twenty-four (24) months after the purchase of the product, the Warranty shall cover parts only, excluding accessories, shipping and handling costs. During that period, Dupray reserves the right to charge a Service fee for all Warranty claims, in order to repair or replace the defective Product with a replacement product that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. All replacement products provided under this Warranty will at a minimum be functionally equivalent to the original product.
Detailed Service fees are available at: dupray.com/servicefees
THE WARRANTY IS VOID:
- A ) if the damage is a result of an accident, abuse, freezing, impact, alteration, non authorized usage, a major force, or use of other electricity than that indicated on the Product;
- B ) if the product was used with other substances besides water in the water chamber;
- C ) if repairs, modifications, or alterations were done by a person not authorized by Dupray;
- D ) the owner or user neglected to do routine maintenance required and the damages or problems are directly related to such neglect. It is the Client’s responsibility to keep equipment in proper condition and to use exclusively Dupray cleaning products so as to not damage the internal components;
- Dupray offers a lifetime warranty on boilers and a lifetime telephone support.
- It is understood that certain parts of the equipment are not covered by the Dupray warranty due to the fact they require replacement after multiple use. Such parts include,but are not limited to, buttons, hoses, seals, etc. These parts will eventuallyrequire replacement at the Client’s cost.
- Dupray makes no warranty or representation that the Product complies with any local laws, rules or regulations and Client shall be responsible for obtaining all permits or authorizations required by any regulatory body for installation or use of the Product.
- DUPRAY MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS AND THE WARRANTY STATEMENT IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WAR-RANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, PROMISES, OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DUPRAY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS NOT STATED HEREIN. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS THAT MAY BE IMPOSED BY LAW ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD. DUPRAY’S LIABILITY FOR WARRANTY CLAIMS IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH HERE IN.
- The Client understands that it shall strictly comply with the operation instructions or manual provided by Dupray in rela-tion to the Product. FAILURE TO DO SO SHALL EXONERATE DUPRAY FROM ANY WARRANTY AND LIABILITY WHATSOEVER.
- This warranty is to benefit the original purchaser of the product. The warranty is not transferable beyond the original purchaser.
- Dupray may subcontract or assign performance of its Warranty obligations to third parties.
- Dupray is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Warranty that are due to events outside Dupray’s reasonable control.
- This warranty does not cover machines used for rental purposes.
Documents / Resources
|dupray DUP020WNA Neat Multi-Use Steam Cleaner [pdf] Instruction Manual|
DUP020WNA Neat Multi-Use Steam Cleaner, DUP020WNA, Neat Multi-Use Steam Cleaner, Multi-Use Steam Cleaner, Steam Cleaner, Cleaner
- Dupray | Best Steam Cleaners, Air Purifiers and Spot Cleaners - dupray.com
- Service fees - dupray.com
- Service fees - dupray.com