HealthTeam Digital Thermometer
- 9 second results (results will vary by individual and method used)
- Flexible tip
- Easy to read LCD screen
- Automatic shutoff
- Water resistant
- For oral, rectal, or underarm (axillary) use
- Dual scale (°F or °C)
- Measuring range: 90.0°F – 109.9°F (32.0°C – 42.9°C)
- Professional accuracy: ± 0.2°F (±0.1°C) 95.9°F – 107.6°F (35.5°C – 42.0°C)
- Memory recall of last measurement
- Beeps when peak temperature is reached
- Fever alarm sounds when temperature is greater than 100°F
- Includes: long-life battery, protective case, 3 probe covers, and instructions
SAFETY AND MAINTENANCE
WARNING: Children must always be supervised by an adult during temperature measurement.
WARNING: Stop using the thermometer if it operates erratically or if the display malfunctions.
WARNING: Clean the thermometer probe before storing.
WARNING: Notice for California Customers- California Proposition 65 Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive or developmental harm.
NOTICE: Do not boil the probe. Clean the unit by wiping it with a dry cloth and disinfect the probe with isopropyl alcohol.
NOTICE: Do not drop the thermometer or expose it to heavy shock. The unit is not shock proof.
NOTICE: Do not bend or bite the probe.
NOTICE: Do not disassemble. See BATTERY REPLACEMENT to replace the battery.
NOTICE: If the thermometer has been stored at below-freezing temperatures, allow it to warm naturally to room temperature before using.
NOTICE: Do not store the unit under direct sunlight, at a high temperature, or in high humidity or dust; performance may be degraded.
NOTICE: Performance of the device may be degraded if operated or stored outside temperature and humidity ranges stated in Specifications.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Wipe or dip the thermometer probe with isopropyl alcohol to disinfect.
2. Depress the ON/OFF button. A tone will sound as the screen displays
The screen will then display the last recorded temperature, and will then be in measurement mode..
3. Position thermometer in desired location (mouth , rectum, or underarm) as described in following paragraphs.
Place the probe under tongue as indicated by “” position shown in Figure 2. Close your mouth and breathe evenly through the nose to prevent the measurement from being influenced by inhaled / exhaled air. Normal oral temperature is approximately between 96.3°F and 99.1°F (35.7°C and 37.3°C).
Rectal Use: If using a probe cover to help prevent cross infection and contamination, insert thermometer probe into the probe cover, then lubricate the probe cover with a water soluble jelly for easier insertion. Do not use petroleum jelly.
Note: Use of the probe cover may result in a 0.2°F (0.1°C) difference from actual temperature. If not using a probe cover, lubricate the probe with petroleum jelly. Insert probe no more than ½ inch (1 cm) into rectum. Stop if you meet any resistance. The sensing device is on the tip of the probe and there is no need to insert the probe deep into the rectum. Normal rectal temperature is approximately between 97.2°F and 99.9°F (36.2°C and 37.7°C).
Underarm Use (Axillary): Wipe underarm dry. Place probe under arm and keep arm pressed firmly to side. Normal underarm temperature is approximately between 95.4°F and 98.1°F (35.2°C and 36.7°C). Note: From a medical point of view, underarm method provides inaccurate measurements, and should not be used if precise measurement is required.
4. The degree sign flashes throughout the measurement process. When measurement is complete, the alarm beeps for approximately 10 seconds, the degree sign stops flashing, and the correct temperature is shown. The temperature measurement will continue to display once the alarm has stopped, the degree sign has stopped flashing, and the thermometer is moved from measurement location.
Note: If the measured temperature is less than 90°F (32°C), the screen will display Lo;
If the measured temperature is greater than 109.9°F (42.9°C), the screen will display Hi.
5. The thermometer will automatically turn off in approximately ten minutes. To prolong battery life, turn the thermometer off by pressing the ON/OFF button once the temperature has been noted.
Normal Temperature Alarm: When the peak temperature has registered, the “Normal Temperature” alarm (evenly spaced beeps) will sound for approximately 10 seconds.
Fever Alarm: When the peak temperature has registered higher than 100.0°F (37.8°C), the fever alarm (quick beeps) will sound for approximately 10 seconds.
Automatic Last Temperature Recall: When the ON/OFF button is pressed to activate the thermometer, the display will change to show the last measured temperature value, then enter measurement mode.
Fahrenheit and Celsius Switchable: To switch Fahrenheit or Celsius mode: with the unit off, press and hold the ON/OFF button for approximately four seconds.
Note: Always disinfect the thermometer before use.
Note: When finished, dispose of any used probe shield and store the thermometer in a safe place.
- Replace the battery when the symbol “ ” appears in LCD lower corner.
- Pull the battery cover off as shown in Figure 3.
- Gently pull out plastic circuit board with battery chamber approximately 1 cm (slightly less than 1/2 inch) as shown in Figure 4.
- Use a pointed object such as a toothpick or pen to remove the
old battery Discard battery in accordance with local and federal regulations.
- Place a new 1.5 VDC button-size battery, type LR41 or SR41, UCC392 or equivalent, in the battery chamber with negative side (–) down and positive side (+) up as shown in Figure 5.
- Slide battery chamber back into place and attach cover.
WARNING: Discard the old battery carefully, out of the reach of children. Swallowing the battery could be harmful or fatal. If the battery is inadvertently swallowed, contact a hospital immediately to have it removed. Do not dispose of the battery in a fire. It may explode.
To clean the thermometer, wash the tip with a solution of mild detergent and cool water. To disinfect the thermometer, wipe the sensor and lower stem with a clean cloth dipped in isopropyl alcohol.
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
SCOPE OF WARRANTY
GF Health Products, Inc. (“GF”) warrants to the original purchaser only that it will replace or repair components, at GF’s sole discretion, that are defective in material or workmanship under normal use and service. All warranties are conditioned upon the proper use of the products strictly in accordance with good commercial practice and applicable GF instructions and manuals, including proper use and maintenance. To the extent that a component is warranted by a third party, GF conveys all of its rights under that warranty to the original purchaser, to the extent permitted. This limited warranty shall only apply to defects that are reported to GF’s customer service team within the applicable warranty period and which, upon examination by GF or its authorized representative, prove to be a warranty item. This limited warranty is not transferable. Within the guidelines set forth in this document, this product is warranted for one (1) year. The applicable warranty period shall commence from date of shipment to the original customer, unless there is an expiration date on the component in which case the warranty shall expire on the earlier of warranty period or the expiration date.
OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE
This limited warranty shall only apply to defects that are reported to the Distributor from whom the Customer purchased the product within the applicable warranty period. If there is not a Distributor, you must contact GF directly by calling 770-368-4700, sending a fax request to 770-368-2386, or by e-mailing a request to [email protected] Specific directions will be provided by the Customer Service Representative. Failure to abide by the specific directions will result in denial of the warranty claim
The warranty does not cover and GF shall not be liable for the following:
1) Defects, damage, or other conditions caused, in whole or in part, by misuse, abuse, negligence, alteration, accident, freight damage, tampering or failure to seek and obtain repair or replacement in a timely manner;
2) Products which are not installed, used, or properly cleaned and maintained as required in the official manual for the applicable product;
3) Products considered to be of a consumable nature including, but not limited to: casters, filters, fuses, gaskets, lubricants, and charts;
4) Accessories or parts not provided by GF;
5) Charges by anyone for adjustments, repairs, replacement parts, installation or other work performed upon or in connection with such products which are not expressly authorized in writing, in advance, by GF;
6) Any labor or shipping charges incurred in the replacement part installation or repair;
7) Costs and expenses of regular maintenance and cleaning; and
8) Representations and warranties made by any person or entity other than GF.
ENTIRE WARRANTY, EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES DISCLAIMER
THIS WARRANTY IS GF’S ONLY WARRANTY AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. GF MAKES NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF ANY MODEL OR SAMPLE WAS SHOWN TO THE CUSTOMER, SUCH MODEL OR SAMPLE WAS USED MERELY TO ILLUSTRATE THE GENERAL TYPE AND QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT AND NOT TO REPRESENT THAT THE PRODUCT WOULD NECESSARILY CONFORM TO THE MODEL OR SAMPLE IN ALL RESPECTS.
THIS WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE DEFECTIVE PARTS. GF SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR INCOME, LOSS OF USE, DOWNTIME, COVER, OR EMPLOYEE OR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR WAGES, PAYMENTS AND BENEFITS
The warranties contained herein contain all the representations and warranties with respect to the subject matter of this document, and supersede all prior negotiations, agreements and understandings with respect thereto. The recipient of this document hereby acknowledges and represents that it has not relied on any representation, assertion, guarantee, warranty, collateral contract or other assurance, except those set out in this document.
1) Additional terms and conditions may apply.
2) Freight claims must be notated on the appropriate shipping documents and must be made with immediacy. International, federal and state regulations govern specific requirements for freight claims. Failure to abide by those regulations may result in a denial of the freight claim. GF will assist you in filing the freight claim.
3) Claims for any short shipment must be made within thirty (30) days of the invoice date.
GF Health Products, Inc. is not responsible for typographical errors. All illustrations, specifications, packaging and warranties contained in this document are based on the latest product information available at the time of printing. The most current product information, including the most current revision of these instructions, can be found online at www.grahamfield.com. Graham-Field and HealthTeam are registered trademarks of GF Health Products, Inc.
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!