Quick Setup Guide
Smart Plug 1 SP4D-US
You have the world’s most advanced smart plug so far! Forget all frustrated device setup
experience you’ve tried before. Now enjoy the real innovative and simple setup journey with us:
- Don’t need to download any other APPs (if you have Alexa)
- Don’t need to input anything or remembering the Wi-Fi password
- Don’t need to do skill setup before voice control
- Don’t need to care your router is 2.4G or 5G
Manual APP setup is also available as an alternative method if the primary setup is not workable under certain circumstances.
Model: SP4D-US Rated Current: 10A
Rated Voltage: AC 120V 60Hz
Supported OS: i05 9.0 / AndroidTM 4.1 and above
Setup Modes & Indications
|Flashes quickly (5 times/sec)||Device is in Amazon Simple Setup mode (default)|
|Flashes intermittently||Device is in AP Setup mode|
|Flashes slowly then off||Device is being set up and added to network|
|ON/OFF||Device is switched ON/OFF|
- When the device is powered on for first time, it will be in Amazon Simple Setup mode by default, the simple setup mode may take up to 2 min. If it fails, it will automatically switch itself to AP Setup mode to be used with BroadLink APR
Press and hold the power (reset) button for 5s until the LED indicator flashes quickly. After the device is reset, it will repeat the circle from Amazon Simple Setup mode to AP Setup mode.
Plug and Play!
Amazon Simple Setup
If you already have an Amazon Echo device, we highly recommend you to use Amazon Simple Setup.
What’s Amazon Simple Setup?
When you buy the product, please make sure the option”Link to my Alexa account and to BroadLink to simply setup” is selected and use the same account on your Amazon Echo device.
|❑ Add your 30-day FREE trial of Prime and get fast, Free delivery
❑ This is a gift
√ Link to my Alexa account and to BroadLink to simplify setup. BroadLink’s Privacy Notice Why is this important?
Amazon Simple Setup uses an Echo Dot or eero Router – to create a simple setup network and save your Wi-Fi credentials to Amazon. Your smart devices will be automatically connected to your regular Wi-Fi network with the saved credential
- A smartphone or tablet running iOS 9.0 / AndroidTm 4.1 or higher. (Optional)
- A Wi-Fi network with Internet connection (either 4GHz or 5GHz).
- A workable Amazon Echo device connected to the above same Wi-Fi network.
Always test your Echo speaker device and network before Amazon Simple Setup (ex. Try to say “Alexa, what’s the time” to Echo and it should respond correctly).
What You Should Do
- Make sure your router’s capacity is not full (max 10 reliable connections for a typical router).
- Keep closer distance between your Echo device and BroadLink device – recommended less than 1 meter (3 feet).
- Power on the device by plugging it into any outlet. If the device is used for the first time, the LED indicator will flash quickly (5 times/sec).
- If it doesn’t flash quickly, please reset the device (refer to “Setup Mode & Indications”).
- Wait patiently until the device LED indicator is off (it may take up to 2 min). “Found a new device” message will be popped up from Alexa APP on phone as well as prompted from the Echo speaker.
- Now the device is ready to be controlled from Alexa APP or by voice. Super easy!
If Amazon Simple Setup failed, you can also proceed with BroadLink APP Setup
- A Wi-Fi network with an Internet connection (either 2.4GHz or 5GHz, DO NOT use the guest network). A smartphone or tablet running iOS 9.0 / Android 4.1 or higher. Make sure your router’s capacity is not full (max 10 reliable connections for a typical router).
- Keep a closer distance between your phone and device as well as the device and router during setup. Turn off data service (4G/5G) on phone during setup.
STEP 1 Get Broadlink APP
- For the first run of APP, the APP will ask you to select your region to display the suitable language.
- Search “BroadLink” on APP Store or Google Play to download the latest version of the APP or scan the QR code above to get the APP.
STEP 2 Sign Up an Account
- On the sign-in page, tap the “Sign up” link at the bottom, choose a country/region (to locate the cloud server) and input an email address as your
- You will receive a 4-digit verification code in your email (it may take up to 5 min). Get the code in your email, input the code and set a password to proceed.
- On the “Link accounts” page, you can choose to link your familiar Google account or Apple ID with BroadLink account for quick sign-in (ex. Touch ID or Face ID) or skip it.
Check spam or change an email if you did not receive the code for a long time. It is recommended to use popular email service providers such as Gmail and Hotmail.
STEP 3 Set Up Home
- Before using the APR it will create a default home (“My home”) for you and guide to set home location.
- You need to choose “Country/Region” > “State/Province” > “City/Town” to locate your home.
STEP 4 Prepare Device for AP Setup
- Power on the device by plugging it into any outlet. If the device is used for the first time, the LED indicator will flash quickly (5 times/sec). Please wait for a max of 2 min until it flashes intermittently (AP Setup mode).
- If it is not used for the first time, you may need to reset the device (refer to “Setup Mode & Indications”) and wait for the change of LED status.
STEP 5 Connect Phone to Device AP
- Tap “+” from the top right corner and choose “Add device”.
- Select “Wi-Fi Devices” from the list and allow the APP to use your location before proceeding (required by phone OS for setup).
- After several slides of important notice, the APP will start the “Looking for devices..:’ process.
- For Android phones, it will automatically connect to the device AP. For iPhone, you need to manually choose “OK” when prompted.
STEP 6 Connect Device To Router
- Choose your home Wi-Fi network, input password and tap “Connect to Wi-Fi”, the LED indicator will flash slower and then off, showing the device is successfully connected. During this process, you may need to manually switch your Wi-Fi back to your router and come back to APP to continue.
- Then, choose the room and name the device. Now you can enjoy the control on APP.
STEP 7 Voice Control
- Tap “+” from the top right corner and choose “Add device”. Select “Wi-Fi Devices” from the list and allow the APP to use your location before proceeding (required by phone OS for setup).
Frequently Asked Questions
If I didn’t select the option “Link to my Alexa account” during purchase, can I still use the Amazon Simple Setup feature?
- No. If you unselected the option during the purchase, you could only use the BroadLink APP to add the device. But you still can use Alexa / Google voice control.
When the phone is connected to the device during AP Setup in BroadLink APP, why I can’t find my router’s Wi-Fi network?
- Under some extreme circumstances, the APP may not show the target router’s SSID if there are too many networks nearby. Please try to set up the device in an environment with less interference and re-power the device before retrying.
Access product tutorials and manuals from
Having issues with using the product?
Please reach us from the following options
and we are always ready to help
5 x 24h Mon-Fri