Attenuators For 25V/70V Speaker Line
Models AT10A and AT35A
Installation and Use Manual
This 10-step plus “off” speaker attenuators allow the volume of a network of 25V or 70V speakers to be controlled from a remote location. The AT10A attenuator can handle speaker loads of up to 10W (max.) and the AT35A attenuator can handle speaker loads of up to 35W (max.). The AT10A fits into a single gang electrical box and the AT35A into a double gang electrical box. Volume reduction takes place in 3 dB increments except for the 2 lowest settings, which provide 6 dB reduction increments. A speaker “off” (“0”) position is also provided.
|10||0 dB (Full Volume)|
- Cut a rectangular hole 4-1/16″ wide and 3-3/4″ high in the sheetrock where the attenuator is to be mounted.
- Pull approximately 12″ of the amplifier and speaker cables through the hole.
- Push each of the separate cables through the electrical box entry holes and pull about 6″ of cable out of the front of the box.
- Rotate the two screw-mounted tabs down against the box and slide the electrical box into the opening until it stops against the wall.
- Begin to tighten both of the electrical box screws until the box is held firmly in the wall. Rotate the clips on the screws into place and clamp the box against the wall.
- Make all the necessary electrical connections as shown in the “Attenuator Wiring” section on the front of this sheet.
- Remove the protective plastic film covering from the attenuator face plate.
- Mount the attenuator to the electrical box using the 4 screws provided. Using a Phillips head screwdriver, screw the attenuator into place.
The AT10A and AT35A are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for two (2) years from the date of sale to the original purchaser. Any part of the product covered by this warranty that, with normal installation and use, becomes defective will be repaired or replaced by Bogen, at our option, provided the product is shipped insured and prepaid to: Bogen Factory Service Department, 50 Spring Street, Ramsey, NJ 07446, USA. The product will be returned to you freight prepaid. This warranty does not extend to any of our products that have been subjected to abuse, misuse, improper storage, neglect, accident, improper installation or have been modified or repaired or altered in any manner whatsoever, or where the serial number or date code has been removed or defaced.
THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS BOGEN’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY AND THE PURCHASER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. BOGEN MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW. Bogen’s liability arising out of the manufacture, sale or supplying of products or their use or disposition, whether based upon warranty, contract, tort or otherwise, shall be limited to the price of the product. In no event shall Bogen be liable for special, incidental or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, loss of data or loss of use damages) arising out of the manufacture, sale or supplying of products, even if Bogen has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
Products that are out of warranty will also be repaired by the Bogen Factory Service Department — same address as above or call 201-934-8500. The parts and labor involved in these repairs are warranted for 90 days when repaired by the Bogen Factory Service Department. All shipping charges in addition to parts and labor charges will be at the owner’s expense. All returns require a Return Authorization number.
© 2005 Bogen Communications, Inc
All rights reserved.
Specifications subject to change without notice
Documents / Resources
|BOGEN AT10A Attenuators For 25V/70V Speaker Line [pdf] User Manual|
AT10A, AT35A, AT10A Attenuators For 25V, 70V Speaker Line