BLAUPUNKT IR50DAB Internet Radio with Bluetooth and DAB+/FM Tuner
Important Safety Instructions
To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not remove cover (or back). No user serviceable parts inside. Refer servicing to qualified service personnel.
To achieve the utmost in enjoyment and performance, and in order to become familiar with its features, please read this manual carefully before attempting to operate this product. This will assure you years of trouble free performance and listening pleasure.
- This safety and operating instruction should be retained for future reference.
- The apparatus should not be exposed to dripping or splashing or placed in a humid atmosphere such as a bathroom.
- Do not install the product in the following areas:
- Places exposed to direct sunlight or close to radiators.
- On top of other stereo equipment that radiate too much heat.
- Blocking ventilation or in a dusty area.
- Areas where there is constant vibration.
- Humid or moist places.
- Do not place near candles or other naked flames.
- Operate the product only as instructed in this manual.
- Before turning on the power for the first time, make sure the power adaptor is properly connected.
- Plug-in the USB stick directly or use an USB-extension cable which is not longer than 25 cm.
For safety reasons, do not remove any covers or attempt to gain access to the inside of the product. Refer any servicing to qualified personnel.
Do not attempt to remove any screws, or open the casing of the unit; there are no user serviceable parts inside. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
- Read Instructions – All the safety and operating instructions must be read before the product is operated.
- Retain Instructions – The safety and operating instructions should be kept with the product for future reference.
- Heed warnings – All warnings on the product and in the operating instructions should be adhered to.
- Follow instructions – All operating and users’ instructions should be followed.
- Installation – Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Power sources – This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated by the marking adjacent to the power cord entry. If you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your product dealer or local power company.
- Grounding or polarization – the product is not required to be grounded. Ensure that the plug is fully inserted into the wall outlet or extension cord receptacle to prevent blade or pin exposure. Some versions of the product are equipped with a power cord fitted with a polarized alternating line plug (a plug having one blade wider than the other). This plug will fit onto the power outlet only one way. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug should still fail to fit, contact your electrician to replace your obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug. When using an extension power-supply cord or a power-supply cord other than that supplied with the appliance, it should be fitted with the appropriate molded plugs and carry safety approval appropriate to the country of use.
- Power cord protection – Power-supply cords should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on, kinked or pinched by items placed on or against them, paying particular attention to cords from plugs, receptacles and the point where they exit from the product.
- Overloading – Do not overload wall outlets, extension cords, or multiple sockets, as this can result in a risk of fire or electric shock.
- Ventilation – The product must be properly ventilated. Do not place the product on a bed, sofa, or other similar surface. Do not cover the product with any items such as tablecloths, newspapers, etc.
- Heat – The product should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other products, including amplifiers that produce heat. No naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, should be placed on the apparatus.
- Water and moisture – To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose the product to train, dripping, splashing or excessive moisture such as in a sauna or bathroom. Do not use this product near water, for example, near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, in a wet basement or near a swimming pool (or similar).
- Object and Liquid Entry – Never push objects of any kind into this product through openings, as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-circuit parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on the product. Do not place any object containing liquid on top of the product.
- Cleaning – Unplug the product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Dust in the woofer may be cleaned with a dry cloth. If you wish to use an aerosol cleaning spray, do not spray directly on the cabinet; spray onto the cloth. Be careful not to damage the drive units.
- Attachments – Do not use attachments not recommended by the product manufacturer, as they may cause hazards.
- Accessories – Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table. The product may fall, causing serious injury to a child or adult, and serious damage to the product. Use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table recommended by the manufacturer or sold with the product. Any mounting of the product should follow the manufacturer’s instructions and should use a mounting accessory recommended by the manufacturer.
- Moving the product – A product and cart combination should be moved with care. Quick stops, excessive force and uneven surfaces may cause the product and cart combination to overturn.
- Unused periods – The power cord of the appliance should be unplugged from the outlet during lightning storms or when the apparatus is left unused for a long period of time.
- Servicing – Do not attempt to service this product yourself, as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazards. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
- Please remove the power plug form the main power source or wall power source when not in use. When plugged in to a power source, the system is in standby mode, so the power is not entirely cut off.
- Replacement parts – When replacement parts are required, ensure that the service technician has used replacement parts specified by the manufacturer or have the same characteristics as the original part. Unauthorized substitutions may result in fire, electric shock or other hazards.
- Mains fuses – For continued protection against fire hazard, use fuses only of the correct type and rating. The correct fuse specification for each voltage range is marked on the product.
- Do not turn up the volume while listening to a section with very low level inputs or no audio signals. If you do, the speaker may be damaged when a peak level section is suddenly played.
- The only means of completely disconnecting the product from the power supply is by removing the power cord from the wall outlet or the product. The wall outlet or the power cord entry to the product must remain freely accessible at all times while the product is in use.
- Try to install the product near a wall socket or extension cord and shall be easily accessible.
- The highest environmental temperature suitable for this product is 35°C.
- ESD hints – If the product maybe reset or not reset to operation of control due to electrostatic discharge, just switch off and reconnect again, or move the product to another location.
- The batteries must not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
- The batteries should be drawn to the environmental aspects of battery disposal.
- Battery usage CAUTION-to prevent battery leakage which may result in body injuries, property damage, or damage to the apparatus:
- Install all batteries correctly, + and – as marked on the apparatus.
- Do not mix batteries (old and new or carbon and alkaline, etc.)
- Remove batteries when the unit is not used for a long time.
ERP2 (Energy Related Products) note
This product with eco design complies with the stage 2 requirements of Commission Regulation (EC) NO. 1275/2008 implementing Directive 2009/125/EC regard to standby and off mode electric power consumption of electronic household and office equipment. After 30 minutes without any audio input, the device will automatically switch into standby mode. Follow up the instruction manual to resume the operation.
This device is equipped with an energy saving mode: if no signal is given during 30 minutes the device will switch automatically into standby mode in order to save energy (ERP 2 standard). Please note that low volume setting in the audio source may be recognized as “no audio signal”: this will affect the capability of signal detection from the device and can also originate an automatic switch into standby mode. If this happens please reactivate the audio signal transmission or increase the volume setting on the audio source player (MP3 player, etc.), in order to resume playback. Please contact the local service center if the problem remains.
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Never use the device unsupervised! Switch off the device whenever you are not using it, even if this only for a short while.
- The appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote control system.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Before operating this system, check the voltage of this system to see if it is identical to the voltage of your local power supply.
- The unit should not be impeded by covering the ventilation opening with items such as newspaper, table-cloths, curtains etc. Make sure that there are at least 20 cm of space above and at least 5 cm of space on each side of the unit.
- The apparatus must not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that objects filled with liquids, such as vases, must not be placed on the apparatus.
- To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose this equipment to hot places, rain, moisture or dust.
- Do not locate this unit near any water sources e.g. taps, bathtubs, washing machines or swimming pools. Ensure that you place the unit on a dry, stable surface.
- Do not place this unit close to a strong magnetic field.
- Do not place the unit on a amplifier or receiver.
- Do not place this unit in a damp area as the moisture will affect the life of electric components.
- If the system is brought directly from a cold to a warm location, or is placed in a very damp room, moisture may condense on the lens inside the player. If this occurs, the system will not operate properly. Please leave the system turned on for about an hour until the moisture evaporates.
- Do not attempt to clean the unit with chemical solvents as this might damage the finish. Wipe with a clean, dry or slightly damp cloth.
- When removing the power plug from the wall outlet, always pull directly on the plug, never pull on the cord.
- Depending on the electromagnetic waves used by a television broadcast, if a TV is turned on near this unit while it is also on, lines might appear on the TV screen. Neither this unit nor the TV is malfunctioning. If you see such lines, keep this unit well away from the TV set.
- The mains plug is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device must remain readily operable.
- To prevent possible hearing damage, do not listen at high volume levels for long periods.
The Bluetooth® wordmark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, lnc. and any use of such marks by us is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Many thanks to select our model, please read and reference this manual carefully before operation. Please keep the manual for future operation reference.
The product include below main features:
- Internet radio
- DAB/DAB + radio
- FM radio
- Bluetooth playback
- USB playback
- Spotify connect
- Audio line-out
- Clock, Alarm, Sleep
- Colorful display;
- Volume, mute knob;
Rotate it to increase or decrease the output volume. Press it down to mute or resume the sound output.
- Menu button;
Press it skip to main/home interface.
- Left button;
Short press it to move and delete the letter while you use it to key-in letters like for network password. Short press it to quit and enter upper menu.
Long press it skip to last track in USB mode.
- Right button;
Short press it to move and add the letters when you key-in letters like for network password.
Short press it to quit and enter sub-menu.
Long press it skip to next track in USB mode.
- Skip l eft/right, enter knob
Rotate it to shift up or down in the menu list.
Press it down to confirm the selection.
- Standby button
Press it to standby on/off the unit.
- Sleep button
Press it to adjust the sleep time and off.
- Telescope antenna.
- Radio preset button.
Short press it to call out the preset station interface.
Long press it to save the current station.
- Power on/off.
Slide it to power on/off the unit.
- USB port.
- Audio line out jack.
- DC IN power jack.
- Remote IR sensor.
- Standby on/off button: short press it to power on/off the unit.
- Sleep button: short press it repeatedly to adjust sleep time.
- Alarm button: Short press it to enter alarm setup interface.
- Play/pause button: short press it to play/pause music playback in USB mode.
- Previous button: Short press it skip to last track in USB mode.
- Menu button: short press it to enter main/home menu.
- Up button: press it to shift up in the menu.
- Enter button: Short press it to confirm selection.
- Left button: press it to quit, but skip to upper menu.
- Local button: short press it to enter local internet radio mode.
- Digits and character button: short press it repeatedly to select relevant number and letter.
- Volume down button: press it to decrease volume.
- Mute button: press it to silence the unit, press it again to resume playback.
- WPS button: quick network button, if your Wi-Fi router has WPS button as well, short press it enter into quick connection network mode.
- Dimmer button: press it to adjust the brightness of display.
- Stop button: press it to stop the current track music playback in USB mode, press the enter button to resume and start the playback from beginning.
- Nexus button: Short press it skip to next track in USB mode.
- EQ button.
- Right button: press it to enter the sub-menu.
- Down button: press it to shift down in the menu list.
- Favorite button: short press it to enter preset station interface, long press it to save current station.
- Volume up button: press it to increase volume.
Unit power on:
Insert the DC connector of supplied power adaptor into the DC power jack on the rear panel, then plug on another terminal of power adaptor to household AC power sourcing(230V,50/60Hz) in order to get the power.
Slide the power on/off switch on back panel to on power position, the display will light up and show BLAUPUNKT welcome screen in case of get power successfully. Short press standby button to power on the unit, long press it enter to standby mode. The unit is ready for operation.
Menu operation: to operate the menu on display like selection, quit, shift, enter etc., please try to combine short press
up/down, left/right and enter button from remote control, or skip left/right, enter knob and left/right button on top panel.
Wi-Fi Network connection
The unit built-in Wi-Fi network module, which is able to connect with wireless network. In order to listen Internet radio, you have to set up and connect internet with your Wi-Fi router first. Please follow up between steps:
- At first time using, the unit will show BLAUPUNKT welcome screen, then ask you to choose operation language(default language: Polish). You can use up and down button to shift selection on the menu list, and press enter button to confirm it. Then the screen will show privacy information, press enter button to “Enable” check network when power on?
- Press left or right button to shift yes or no, press enter button to confirm it.
- If you select yes, then the unit will enter and ask you “would like to configure network now?” select yes, the unit will search the nearby available wireless network, and show a Wi-Fi name list on display.
- Press up or down button to shift on the network name list, press the enter button to confirm the selection. Then it requires you to key-in the wireless network password.
- We recommend using digits and character button from remote control to key in the password faster. For example, keep pressing the button can show the relevant letter (small or capital type) and number on display repeatedly. In case of you find the proper letter for password, short press right button to confirm and skip to next password input. In case of you key in a wrong password letter, short press the left button can delete it.
- When you finished the wireless network password input, press the enter button directly, then the unit will connect with the network accordingly. And the unit will enter to main interface after successful connect with wireless network.
- In case fail to connect network, short press menu button from remote controller to enter main interface, select configuration > network > wireless network configuration > enable to search available network again.
- Connecting the Wi-Fi network manually by APP or WPS is also available; when you connect the Wi-Fi network through APP, please make sure the device and radio is at same location.
- You can also finish the wireless network setting from top panel by combine using skip left/right, enter knob and left/right button.
- The connected Wi-Fi Network can be remember and auto connected next time in case the network is still available. Sometimes it requires key-in the password again. Please kindly note this is not mal-function.
Internet radio operation
In case you connect the Wi-Fi internet ready, enter to the main interface, using left and right button to shift and select Internet radio icon on screen, press enter button to enter into internet radio mode.
Station selection and broadcasting: Combine using up/down or enter button to select the option on the menu list. For example, radio station >country/location>Europe>Poland> Poland/top 10>Radio Norwy Swiat. Then the radio will connect relevant station via Wi-Fi, and get the broadcasting.
Short press enter button to stop the playing and back to upper menu. Using up/down button to shift and select other station on list, press enter button for playing; you also can press up/down button to switch to other internet radio station directly. During Internet radio listening, short press right button to enlarge the screen’s picture information, short press left button return to normal. Long press left/right button to switch to last or next radio station.
Press volume up/down button to adjust the output volume level, press mute to silence the sound.
Preset favorite internet radio station: when you turned a favorite station, long press favorite(on remote controller) or preset button(on top panel) can save the current station directly, press enter button to confirm it. There will add a new preset station number automatically on the list.
Short press the favorite or preset button to enter the preset station list, using up/down button to shift and select preset station, press enter button for playing. Short press digits button from remote control can pick up preset station as well while the unit is in the radio playing interface.
Short press the favorite or preset button to enter the preset station list, press the right button to manage the preset station like shift up/down/delete/rename/play.
Local internet radio listening
- Setup location: Enter to configuration>local radio setup >set location> options(Auto detect country/manual setup(country)/ manual setup(state)/ manual setup(city)/ manual setup(US Zip code). By using up/down and enter button to select and confirm your selection. In case you finished the location setting, the radio will search and skip to the set local internet radio interface.
- After setup location ready, you also can press local button from remote control, or from main interface to enter local internet folder. Choose any radio on the category list for listening. The other operation is same as above introduced internet radio chapter.
- It may take a bit long time or different connection speed to access and get the radio station due to Wi-Fi connection or radio sever in different location etc., which is not mal-function. We suggestion to switch to other station for listening in case of intermittent sound due to signal or sever reason etc.
- When the radio is in the network station name list menu(a sub-menu), using up/down button to shift the station, short press right button can enter options “add to my favorite/auto scan/play” interface, by using up/down and enter button can also save the selected current station.
- The internet radio is categorized like sleep radio, global top 20, genre, country/location, highlight etc., which is available on the menu. You can try to select and enjoy them.
- You can manage your favorite station list on media U website. Firstly, please setup by main interface > configuration > manage my media U > Enable; then you can see folder “favorite station” “favorite location/genre” “Local radio(city)” “manually” on the radio. Click “my media U” on the website can manage the synchronized folder.
The radio includes Podcast function; the operation is similar as Internet radio. For example, Power on unit, enter main interface>Podcast>country/location/Poland, then you can find the category folder, choose and open one of them for listening.
- Firstly, you have to register an account at “http://www.mediayou.net. And log in successfully. Then click “radio” and output the name of the machine you want in the “name your radio here” Column.
- Key-in the serial number in the “serial number” column.(How to get serial number? Enter main face > configuration > device > system information > wireless info, then you will find MAC address.
- In case you input the serial number and enter, you will find “favorite station” “favorite location/genre” “Local radio” “manually add” folder. Click my media U on the website to manage these folders.
- Power on the internet radio, enter main face > configuration > manage my media U > enable. Enter media U, then you will find “favorite station” “favorite location/genre” “Local radio” “manually add” folder, which is synchronized with your media U account managed on the website.
DAB/DAB+ radio operation
Before start to the DAB radio listening, please full extent the telescope antenna and move the unit next to window in order to get better signal and reception. Power on the unit, enter to main interface select DAB icon for starting.
- The unit will auto scan the available DAB station at first time using. Short press left/right button again to choose whether to delete the station list and scan for radio again. There will show a station list on the display after finish the scanning.
- Press enter to choose one of the station for listening, short press the right button to enlarge the station’s picture information. Rotate skip left/right knob to shift station on the station list. Long press right/left button switch to next or last station for playing.
- Long press preset or favorite button to enter station preset interface, rotate skip left/right knob to shift and select the preset station number, press enter for saving. Short press preset or favorite button to get the preset station list, rotate skip left/right knob to select the preset station, press enter to confirm for listening.
- In case of sound output intermittently due to weak signal, please try to scan the radio again, or switch to other station for listening.
FM radio operation
Before to the FM radio listening, please full extent the telescope antenna and move the unit next to window in order to get better signal and reception. Power on the unit, enter to main interface select FM icon for starting.
- Radio tuning: short press left/right, or rotate the skip left/right knob on top panel or remote control to tune the radio frequency as per 0.05MHz. Long press the left/right button to auto scan the available FM radio station in upward or downward frequency, and auto play it.
- All-in-one scan: short press the enter button, the screen will ask if you want to auto scan. Select yes, the unit will scan and save the available station automatically.
- Radio station memory manually: when you turned a favorite station, long press the preset or favorite button to get the station preset interface, press left/right button to select the desired preset number, press the enter to confirm it. There will add a new preset station number in the last automatically while save a new station.
- Preset station picking up: Short press preset or favorite button to get the preset station list on display. Using up/down button to shift on the list, press enter to select it for playing. You also can short press previous/next button, or key-in digits from remote control to pick up the station.
Short press the favorite or preset button to enter the preset station list, press the right button to manage the preset station like shift up/down/delete/rename/play.
When the unit connected with Wi-Fi ready, when the unit is in DAB or FM radio listening interface, and the icon appears on the bottom of display, long press enter button can get the “set location manual setup(city)” interface, select yes and press enter button again, combine to use skip left and right knob to select your city. Then the unit can scan and receive DAB/FM station via Wi-Fi. When the icon shows on the right bottom corner of display, which means the station is able to get from Internet and air-reception, long press the enter button to switch the broadcasting reception between Wi-Fi and air-reception mode.
This product includes Bluetooth function which can wireless playback the music with other Bluetooth device (like smart phone, tablet etc.).
- Power on the unit, press home button enter to main interface, by using left and right button to get the Bluetooth icon, press enter button to Bluetooth mode. And the radio will ready for Bluetooth pairing.
- Enable the Bluetooth function on your device, and search the available device (please reference your device manual for operation), then check the available Bluetooth device on the list. Select “IR50DAB” for pairing
- Select and play the music from your Bluetooth device, adjust the volume level on your device and radio side, then the sound will wireless play and come out from the speaker.
- Long press left/right button to switch last or next track for playing; short press left/right button to zoom in or out the song’s picture information due to it is able to get the song’s relative information from internet. Short press enter button to play/pause the music; long press enter button to get “pair another device” interface, press enter button again to disconnect the Bluetooth. Long press enter button again can get the previous paired Bluetooth device name list, you can choose one of them for pairing if the device turn on Bluetooth function and in the Bluetooth’s working range.
- Rotate the volume knob adjust the volume while in the music playback interface; it also can achieve EQ and mute function in Bluetooth mode.
- All Bluetooth devices are not guaranteed for pairing successfully due to different design and brand.
- The best working distance of Bluetooth is within 10 meters without any obstacle in between.
- The unit only can pair and work with one Bluetooth device in one time.
- In case of an incoming phone call during Bluetooth playback; the music will stop temporary, and resume to playback after end the phone call.
- It requires repairing the Bluetooth device in case of the power off the unit, or switching play mode.
USB playback operation
The unit includes USB MP3 playback function. Please prepare an empty USB stick and copy music file in it first. Plug the USB stick on USB port properly on the rear panel. Press home button enter to main interface>media center>USB. Then you can see the MP3 music file is on the list. Choose any file to playback, and get sound output from the radio.
While in the music playback interface, short press enter button on top panel to play/pause the playback. Rotate the volume knob adjust the volume. Long press left/right button to switch previous or next track. Short press left/right button to zoom in or out the song’s picture information due to it is able to get such information from internet. It also can achieve EQ, mute, stop function in USB playback mode.
Enter to main interface>configuration>playback setup to choose and get playback mode between off/repeat all/repeat one/shuffle.
- Please do not use any extent USB cable for connection and playing, because that will affect signal transfer from device, an intermittent sound will happen.
- The unit support WAV/WMA/MP3/FLAC/AAC format, but not guarantee it; Support max USB device up to 64 GB capacity.
UPnP playback operation
The model includes UPnP function, which can connect wireless network, but use Windows system, APPLE Mac or Linux system as a music playback platform. By sharing the song on the platform, but get the wireless music playback from the Internet radio. Here we take Windows Media Player 12 as an example:
- Click and open the Window media player software on your PC, add your favorite music to the media library (please reference the Microsoft’s Window media player instruction for operation.)
- Click “media stream”, select “auto-allow device to play my media”, then accept “automatically allow all computers and multimedia devices”. So you can quickly open UPnP for music sharing and playback.
- You can also rename the media stream name and allow/block the device to play you music through the UPnP. Click “other streaming options” in the Windows Media Player. The name of the media library can be customized, in order to facilitate the user to quickly identify the knowledge, in the display device column, you can also customize whether to allow a specific device to play music of the media stream through UPnP.
- Power on the radio, main interface>media center>UPnP> enter, check the list available list and select your UPnP playback device(for example, UPnP: KENT-PC), short press enter button to confirm it.( Caution: there may take ten or more seconds to search the UPnP device, if there cannot find UPnP device, there will return to Media Center menu.
- When the radio found the UPnP device “KENT-PC” as example, enter it and find the music folder in behind, select one of the music for playback.
- While the music is playing, you try to use up/down, left/right button to get the relevant operation, which is similar to USB playback.
- Both the PC and Internet radio device should connect same Wi-Fi network during UPnP operation
- Because there have many different PC system/source in the market, it may fail to connection for UPnP playback, which is not include in our service warranty.
The radio incudes Spotify function, which can do audio steaming with your Spotify APP.
- Power on unit, main interface>Spotify connect icon>QR code(for first time using) appear on display.
- Scan the display’s QR cord by your mobile phone enter to Spotify official website automatically. Find and download the Spotify APP on your mobile phone
- Open and enter Spotify APP by your registered account, check the device on your APP interface, and select “IR50DAB” on list. The APP on your mobile phone will connect with radio after about 30 seconds. Select and play the music on your APP, then you will get sound output from radio.
- The Spotify Software is subject to third party licenses found here: https://www.spotify.com/connect/third-party-licenses.
- You can get how to use Spotify instruction found here: https://spotify.box.com/s/7m8g1ij260oxt8zlhy5cult0gmkknu6t.
- Use your phone, tablet or computer as a remote control for Spotify. Go to www. spotify.com/connect to learn how.
- Both the Spotify APP of mobile phone and Internet radio device should connect same Wi-Fi network during operation.
Internet radio APP operation
- For iOS device, search and down load “ AirMusic Control” in APP store (download and install “ AirMusic control” for Android device).
- Power on the unit, enter main face>configuration>device>APP, a QR code will appear on the display, scan it by your mobile phone.
- select and open up the “AirMusic control” APP on your mobile phone, the APP can scan and connect with Internet radio automatically in case both mobile phone and Internet radio device connect and use the same Wi-Fi network. (IR50DAB will show in the device name list of configuration menu in AirMusic Control APP after connected).
- then you can use the APP on your mobile phone to control the internet radio remotely.
- We suggestion do not use the front button or remote control to control the unit at same time or frequently while you use APP for controlling, which may cause synchronization issue due to Internet server/speed etc. It is not include in our warranty service. In case happens, please remains the unit without further operation for listening a while in order to get recovery.
Line out and headphone
The unit provides line out jack which allow to wire connect with other active speaker or headphone. Using the supplied 3.5mm stereo audio cable plug into the line out jack on rear panel, and the other terminal connect to other relative audio player. Power on the unit and get audio playing, then the sound will output from outsourcing audio player, but mute on radio side.
Plug on the headphone connector into the lineout jack, you can get the sound output from headphone, but mute on radio side. During line out playing, you can adjust the volume output level both on radio and outsourcing player, but major on radio side.
Time & alarm setting
Time/Calendar: enter main face>configuration>date & time>set date and time, get option for manual setup and auto detect. If you select the auto detect, the time and date information will be updated once Wi-Fi network is connected. You can set up the date and time manually in case of you select manual setup. To set up time or date format option is also available.
Alarm setting: Enter main face>configuration> alarm interface. Then you can set up the alarm time, NAP(Snooze) time, alarm volume, alarm source etc. according to the options on display.
- When the setup alarm time is being, the radio will wake up accordingly. Short press the standby button to cancel the alarm voice. In addition, the alarm will wake up at same time next day.
- Dual alarm is available for setting.
- When the alarm is activated, short press other button (except standby) to active snooze function. In addition, the alarm will wake up again when the snooze time is being.
- The alarm function is only workable when the main power is connected and available.
- While the snooze function is working, the remaining snooze time will show on display at same time. Short press standby function to cancel the snooze.
In playing mode(like internet radio, Bluetooth, USB playback mode etc.), short press the sleep button repeatedly on remote controller can switch and select the sleep time between 15/30/60/90/120/150/180/off mode. And the radio will off and switch to standby mode automatically when the sleep time is being.
Weather information: There are able to show the weather information on display when in standby and Wi-Fi network connected. Please enter the setting main interface>configuration>weather>set location>choose the city you want. Then the radio can find and show the weather information accordingly.
For further operation like dimmer, software version, factory default etc., pleaser reference below tree diagram in configuration setting.
- The speaker cannot turn on.
- Please check if the power connection is correct.
- No sound output.
- Please try to adjust the volume knob, and check the play source.
- Please contact service center for support if the issue remained.
- Intermittent sound output in Bluetooth mode
- Please try to move your Bluetooth device more close to the radio.
- Please reference the manual for re-pairing.
- The sound output is too small in Bluetooth mode.
- Please check the volume level your Bluetooth device and radio both.
- Power source: DC IN 12V/3A
- TFT 2.4 inch colorful display
- DAB frequency: 174.928~239.2MHz
- FM radio frequency: 87.5~108.0MHz
- Bluetooth version: V5.0
- USB 2.0, support music file: MP3/WMA/ WAV/FLAC/AAC (Not guaranteed)
- RMS output: 2 x 10W
- Power consumption: 22W
- Standby power consumption: <1W (The above spec may update without priority notice.)
For further operation like dimmer, software version, factory default etc., pleaser reference below tree diagram in configuration setting. Please enjoy it.
|Power Adaptor Information|
|Information Published||Value and Precision||Unit|
|Manufacturer’s name or trade mark Commercial registration number Address||Shenzhen Fushigang Technology Co., Ltd Building 8, Shiguan Industrial Park, Shangcun Community, Gongming Street, Guangming District, Shenzhen, GuangDong, China, Guangdong, China|
|Input AC frequency||50/60||Hz|
|Average active efficiency||≥87.4||%|
|Efficiency at low load (10%)||78.3%||%|
|No-load power consumption||≤0.1||W|
Documents / Resources
|BLAUPUNKT IR50DAB Internet Radio with Bluetooth and DAB+/FM Tuner [pdf] Owner's Manual|
IR50DAB, Internet Radio with Bluetooth and DAB, FM Tuner