anko PM-3400 Popcorn Maker
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- .READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles. Always wear oven mitts when handling hot surfaces.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord or plugs in water or other liquids
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow cooling before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrician in order to avoid a hazard, or the product must be disposed.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors or for commercial purposes.
- Do not let cord hang over the edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Never leave the Theatre Popcorn Maker unattended when it is plugged into mains power outlet.
- WARNING! After pressing the switch to ON, the stainless steel kettle will heat up immediately. After preheating, press the ON/OFF button to OFF (O). Use caution when adding popcorn kernels and oil to the hot kettle.
- Make sure popcorn kernels and all ingredients are added to the kettle and the front door is closed before turning ON to begin corn popping.
- To turn the Theatre Popcorn Maker OFF, press the ON/OFF button to OFF (O). Then remove plug from mains power outlet.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- To remove popped popcorn, pull the front serving door handle out to access popped corn.
WARNING: To avoid popcorn from spilling out, DO NOT OPEN THE FRONT POPPING CHAMBER DOOR while corn is popping or to remove cooked popcorn.
- Do not leave this appliance unattended during use.
- WARNING: Do not use the stainless steel kettle separately.
- The appliance must not be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- The temperature of the accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating. Please do not touch outer surface by hand.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as: Staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments, farm houses, by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments, bed and breakfast type environments.
- Do not dismantle and repair the device by yourself. DANGER OF ELECTRIC SHOCK!
- Do not use an extension cord with this device.
- This corn popper will not shut off automatically. To avoid overheating, add corn and oil before operating.
- Extreme caution must be used when unloading popped popcorn. Always place the unit over a countertop and use the front serving door so that residual heat from hot oil will not cause burns.
- Caution, hot surface. Care must be taken. The surface are liable to get hot during use.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS
CAUTION HOT SURFACES: This appliance generates heat and escaping steam during use.
Proper precautions must be taken to prevent the risk of burns, fires or other injury to persons or damage to property.
CAUTION: Do not place anything on top of the Theatre Popcorn Maker while it is operating or while it is hot.
- All users of this appliance must read and understand this instruction manual before operating or cleaning this appliance.
- The cord to this appliance should be plugged into a 220-240Va.c. electrical outlet only
- If this appliance begins to malfunction during use, immediately press the ON/OFF button to OFF (O) and unplug the cord. Do not use or attempt to repair the malfunctioning appliance.
- Check to make sure handles are secure and front serving door handle is properly assembled.
IMPORTANT! Do not leave this appliance unattended during use.
If the electrical circuit is overloaded with other appliances, your appliance may not operate properly. It should be operated on a separate electrical circuit from other appliances.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR THEATRE POPCORN MAKER
PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
BEFORE USING FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Carefully unpack the Theatre Popcorn Maker and remove all packaging materials.
- Place the main unit on a clean, flat, working surface.
CAUTION: After preheating, the stainless steel kettle will be hot. Use caution when adding oil and popcorn to the hot stainless steel kettle.
CAUTION: Always wait until all popping ceases before opening the front door.
- Clean the floor and the inside of the main unit with a moist, non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Wipe with a clean cloth and dry thoroughly.
- Flip both of the kettle lids up and wipe the inside. Open the front door.
- tilt the kettle towards you and slide both side arms of the kettle straight back into the brackets. It may be necessary to grasp the bracket and fit it to the track on the side arm. When the side arms are correctly seated into the brackets, flip the kettle up and the geared top of the rotating rod will fit into the front. Inspect the top gear and then both brackets to ensure the kettle side arms and rotating rod are properly locked into position.
CAUTION: Do not remove the kettle while it is in use.
Do not touch any hot surface until the kettle is fully cooled.
- Attach the power cord into the kettle’s motor receptacle located at the bottom rear of the kettle unit.
- Attach the crank, fit the threaded stem of the crankshaft through the hole in the side of the main unit/popcorn chamber. (See Figure 1.) Turn the crank counter-clockwise direction. Hold the kettle with the other hand and tighten until the crank is securely attached to the stainless steel kettle.
- The Theatre Popcorn Maker is now ready for use.
- Keep the necessary popcorn supplies close at hand: popcorn kernels, popping oil, seasonings, popcorn kernel measuring cup, and oil measuring spoon, bowls or bags for serving.
- Make sure the kettle’s side arms are properly secured in the support brackets.
- Make sure the power-supply cord is attached to the kettle’s motor receptacle.
- Make sure the front door is in a secure, closed position. The front serving door must be folded into place, the popcorn chamber is closed and ready for popping corn.
- Make sure the power ON/OFF button is in the OFF position.
- Plug the Theatre Popcorn Maker into a 220-240Va.c. 50Hz electrical outlet.
- First preheat the kettle. Press ON the Pop switch. The kettle will begin to heat and rotate. After 3 to 5 minutes, turn OFF the unit.
- Open the front door. Using the kettle’s lid handle, carefully flip the kettle lid open.
Add 1 oil spoon popping oil of your choice to the kettle. Then add one kernel spoon
(approximate 60g) raw popcorn kernels (standard or gourmet).
WARNING: To avoid damage to the Theatre Popcorn Maker, NEVER add more than the recommended quantities of popcorn kernels or popping oil to the kettle.
DO NOT ADD ANYTHING BUT OIL OR POPCORN KERNELS INTO THE KETTLE.
- Press ON both Pop switch and Light switch. The chamber light, heater and stir will switch ON.
- After 3-4 minute, popping will begin and popped corn will spill from the kettle into the popping chamber.
- Pull the front serving door out and scoop popped corn into serving bags or bowls.
- Continue popping another batch of popcorn following the Operating Instructions previously described.
- After popping two batches of popcorn, stop the machine for 10 minutes to allow the motor to cool down for a while.
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance requires little maintenance. It contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not try to repair it yourself. Any servicing requiring disassembly other than cleaning must be performed by a qualified appliance repair technician.
CARE & CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION: Never immerse the Theatre Popcorn Maker main unit/popcorn chamber, cord or plug in water or other liquid.
IMPORTANT! Unplug Theatre Popcorn Maker from mains power and allow the stainless steel kettle to fully cool down before cleaning.
- The Theatre Popcorn Maker should be cleaned after every use.
- Remove the crank. Hold the kettle and turn the crank clockwise to detach.
- Remove the kettle from the motor. Slide each side of the rotating rod up and out of the brackets on each side of the main unit’s popping chamber.
- Detach the power cord from the kettle’s heating element receptacle located at the bottom rear of the kettle unit.
- Use a clean kitchen brush and a small dustpan to sweep the floor of the popcorn chamber. If needed, use a damp soft cloth or kitchen sponge to wipe down and remove any debris from the main unit’s main unit. Dry thoroughly before next use.
WARNING: To prevent scratching, never use abrasive scouring pads, steel wool, or scouring powders for cleaning.
- Fill the stainless steel kettle 2/3 full with warm, soapy water. Soak for 15 to 20 minutes and then empty. Use a soft cloth or sponge to remove any debris. Rinse thoroughly and dry. CAUTION: To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse the stainless steel kettle or plug in water or other liquids. Avoid letting the kettle motor cord receptacle come into contact with water.
CAUTION: Never place the main unit, any parts or accessories of the Theatre Popcorn Maker in the dishwasher.
- Always attach the Theatre Popcorn Maker’s kettle to the motor after cleaning.
- Unplug unit and allow it to cool down.
- Ensure the Theatre Popcorn Maker is clean, dry and fully assembled before storing.
- Store the Theatre Popcorn Maker in the original packing in a clean, dry place.
Model no.: PM-3400
Voltage : 220-240Va.c. 50-60Hz Power: 310W
12 MONTH WARRANTY
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125(Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via email at customer.[email protected] for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.
Documents / Resources
|anko PM-3400 Popcorn Maker [pdf] User Manual|
PM-3400, Popcorn Maker, PM-3400 Popcorn Maker