Available features may vary. Particular feature set is based on the original order and the system administrator’s requests for each deployment. Please contact your system administrator or Telesystem directly to discuss any additions to the system.
Call Handling Basics
- Answer a call
- Lift the handset then begin speaking to the caller.
- Alternately, the Answer soft key, Speaker button, or Headset button may be pressed to answer an incoming call.
- Place a call
Lift the handset then enter the phone number, extension, or code you wish to dial. Press Send to initiate the call or wait for it to go through.
- End a call
Hang up the handset or press the End Call soft key.
Press the mute button to mute your audio while on a call. Press again to disengage.
Press the speaker button to use speaker audio mode.
Press the headset button to use headset mode audio (must have a headset attached).
Press the volume buttons to adjust volume for your ringer when idle or audio mode while on a live call.
Press the Hold button or soft key to place an active call on hold.
- To resume a call:
- When only one is on hold, press the button or Resume soft key.
- When there is more than one on hold, touch the desired call then press or the Resume soft key.
Advanced Call Handling
- Blind Transfer (Unannounced)
Blind transfers pass through the caller ID of the originating caller to the third party.
- Press the Transfer soft key to place the first call on hold
- Input the destination extension or phone number
- Press the Transfer button or soft key to complete the transfer
Transfer directly to an internal voicemail box by dialing 7 plus the extension as the destination number
- Announced Transfer
- Press the Transfer button or soft key to place the first call on hold
- Input the destination extension or phone number. Remain on the line while the second call connects.
- To complete the transfer after speaking with the third party, hang up, press the Transfer button or Transfer soft key.
- To cancel the transfer and go back to the rst party, press the Cancel or End Call soft key. Your rst call will still be on hold.
- Conference (Three Way) Call
- Press the Conference soft key to place first call on hold
- Input the third party’s extension or phone number. Remain on the line while the second call connects.
- Press the Conference soft key to join the calls together.
- While on a conference call, you can do the following:
- Tap by a caller’s name to remove them from the call.
- Tap by a caller’s name to place them on mute.
- Hang up to transfer the other two parties to each other.
- Tap the Split soft key to place both calls on hold on your phone separately.
Press the Redial button to enter the Placed call list then use the touchscreen to navigate the list. Tap an entry to place a call to that item on the list.
- To access voicemail, press the Message button. Follow the prompts to setup voicemail, listen to messages, or change greetings.
- If messages are being sent to the phone, the message waiting indicator light will blink to signal a new message has been received.
Press the History soft key to access a list of the most recent calls. Use the touchscreen to navigate the lists. Tap an entry to place a call to that item on the list.
- Do Not Disturb
Press the DND soft key then follow the screen prompts to turn do not disturb on or off. While enabled, all direct calls to your extension or direct phone number will go directly to your voicemail box. You may make outbound calls normally.
Park is a ‘shared’ hold. A parked call can be seen and accessed by all desk phones at the site.
- To park a call, press one of the available Park keys. This transfers the call to that parking orbit and shows a lit light on the associated key.
- To retrieve a parked call, press the appropriate Park button.
If enabled, the page feature broadcasts a spoken message through a group of phones, all phones, or overhead paging equipment.
- To send a page: tap the labeled Page key, speak the message, then hang up.
- Call Forwarding
Call forwarding of your personal line/extension may be done from the phone.
- To turn forwarding on: Dial *72 followed by the extension or phone number to forward calls to. Pick up the phone to send the command.
- To turn forwarding off: Dial *73 then pick up the phone to send the command.
CommPortal Phone Applications
- The Yealink T46G is a SIP phone which delivers many of its services by connecting to the CommPortal interface. This interface delivers several phone applications to its subscribers:
- Network Contacts (Directory)
- Hot Desking (Log Out/In)*
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD)*
It is important to note that the use of these applications require a correct username and password for your phone account. These credentials may need to be entered when using an application.
The username and password are as follows:
- Username: direct dial phone number associated with your phone
- Password: current Comm Portal (application) password
Please contact your system administrator or Telesystem if you do not know your direct dial phone number or password.
Network Contacts (Directory)
- Press the Directory soft key to access the phone directory.
- The Directory downloads all business group extensions, Multi Line Hunt Groups (MLHGs), and any CommPortal Contacts on your account.
Hot Desking (Log Out button)*
In some cases, not all employees are in the oﬃce at the same time, so these employees may ‘share’ physical phones, but each have individual account credentials. This is known as Hot Desking. Hot Desking allows employees to log in and out of a phone, thus taking their credentials with them to whatever desk they will be working at that particular day. Please note, it’s important to only be logged into one phone at a time.
To log out of a phone:
- Press the Log Out key.
- The LCD screen will prompt you with a warning, “Are you sure you want to Log out?”
- Press the OK soft key to log out.
- The phone will reboot then show a logged out screen. No calls may be made until a user logs into the phone.
To log into a phone:
- Press the Login soft key.
- Enter the User Name and Password for the account (see previous note)
- Press the OK soft key
- The phone reboots and updates with the logged in user conﬁguration
Automatic Call Distribution (ACD)*
If you are part of Multi Line Hunt Groups used for call center or other ring groups, your phone system administrator may have given you the right to log in and out of these groups using the ACD button.
To log in or out of a group:
- Tap the ACD button.
- A list of all hunt groups for which you are a member will appear. To the right of each, you will see whether you are Logged In or Logged Out.
- Tap any of the groups to manage the log in/out, view group details, or review what other members are in that group.
If you are a member of a true call center Multi Line Hunt Group (queue), your administrator may also ask that you manage your availability while you are logged in. This feature is called My State.
To change your availability for all Multi Line Hunt Group calls:
- After logging into at least one call center Multi Line Hunt Group, press the My State soft key.
- Tap the status you wish to choose from the list.
- The current status will be reﬂected on the phone screen. The status applies only to calls through the Multi Line Hunt Groups.
Remember to change your availability to Available before logging out of all hunt groups.
The line keys indicate various ACD states as follows:
- Logged Out
- Logged In, Available
- Logged In, Unavailable
- Wrap Up
Documents / Resources
|Yealink T48U Advanced SIP Phone [pdf] User Guide|
T48U, Advanced SIP Phone, T48U Advanced SIP Phone, T48S, T48G