YAMAHA YH-E700B Headphone User Manual
The model name (part number), power requirements and so on for this product are found printed at the location shown in the illustration. You should note this serial number in the space provided below and retain this manual as a permanent record of your purchase to aid identification in the event of theft.
Please read these precautions carefully before using this product.
Points that must be observed
Be sure to carefully read and observe the following precautions to avoid harm to yourself or to others, as well as damage to your personal property.
After reading, please keep this document readily available for anyone who uses this product.
- For inspection or repair, please contact one of the following customer centers.
– The store where you purchased the product
– Yamaha dealer
- This product is intended for use as a general household device. Do not use it in any field or activity requiring a high degree of reliability in regard to human lives or valuable assets.
- Please note that Yamaha accepts no liability for any losses resulting from improper use or
unauthorized modification of this product.
These precautions alert you to the possibility of death or serious injury to yourself or others.
- Do not use this product while driving or cycling. Also, do not use this product when you
need to hear what is going on around you, such as at a railroad crossing or construction
site. Reduced ability to hear surrounding sound increases the risk of an accident.
If you notice any abnormality
- If any of the following abnormalities occur, stop using this product immediately.
– Unusual smells, sounds or smoke coming from the product
– Foreign matter or water gets inside the product
– An unusual amount of heat from the product
– Cracks or damage to the product
Continuing to use the product as-is may result in burns, injury, fire ignition, explosion, fluid leakage, electrical shock or malfunction. Have the product inspected or repaired
- To charge this product, connect it to the USB port of a commercially available USB power adaptor (5 V DC, min. 0.5 A output). Incorrect connection may cause a fire, explosion, fluid leakage, electric shock or malfunctions. For details on charging, refer to the User Guide.
- Charge this product within the specified charging temperature range. Charging at a
temperature outside this range may cause a fire, explosion, fluid leakage, electric shock, or
malfunction. Charging temperature : 5 – 40 °C
- Do not use the supplied USB power cable for other devices. Use only the supplied USB
power cable to charge this product. Failure to observe this may cause a fire, burns, or
- Do not cover the product with blankets, clothing or similar materials while being used or
charged. This may cause overheating or ignite a fire.
- Never charge this product when it is wet. This may cause a fire, explosion, fluid leakage,
electrical shock or malfunction.
- Do not dispose of batteries in a fire or hot oven, or mechanically crush or cut the battery.
Doing so may cause an explosion.
- Do not leave the batteries in a place with extremely high ambient temperature. This may
result in an explosion, or cause the flammable liquid or gas to leak.
- Do not subject the batteries to extremely low air pressure. This may result in an explosion
or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
Do not disassemble
- Do not disassemble or modify this product. Failure to observe this may cause a fire,
electric shock, injury or malfunction.
- This product and the included USB power cable:
Do not use these products in damp or wet conditions, such as in a bathroom or rainy outdoor location. Also, do not get the products wet with sweat, rainwater or seawater.
Liquids such as water or foreign matter that get into these products may cause a fire, explosion, water leakage, electric shock or malfunction. When charging, make sure that
the headphones and the included USB power cable are not wet. If they are wet, wipe them off with a soft, dry cloth.
- Do not handle this product with wet hands. Failure to observe this may cause fire, explosion, fluid leakage, electric shock or malfunction.
- Do not use open flame near this product. Failure to observe this may cause a fire,
explosion, fluid leakage, electric shock or malfunction.
- Do not drop this product or apply any strong impact to the product. Failure to observe this may cause a fire, explosion, fluid leakage, electric shock or malfunction.
- Do not use this product in an area where the use of radio waves is restricted, such as near
medical devices. Otherwise, radio waves emitted from this product may affect the
operation of medical electric equipment. When using this product in an airplane, follow
the instructions of the crew.
- Do not use this product within 15 cm (6 in) of a person with a heart pacemaker implant or a defibrillator implant. Otherwise, radio waves emitted from this product may affect the operation of the pacemaker implant or the defibrillator implant.
These precautions alert you to the possibility of physical injury to yourself or others.
- Do not expose yourself to high volume sound for an extended period of time. Otherwise, hearing loss may be caused. Avoid listening for more than 40 hours per week at a volume level of 80 dB (A), or more than five hours per week at a volume level of 89 dB (A). If you experience any hearing abnormality, consult a physician.
- Turn the volume of this product and any connected devices all the way down before connecting. Otherwise, hearing loss may result.
- If the headphones irritate your skin, stop using them. Otherwise, inflammation or rash may be caused.
Follow the precautions below to avoid malfunction and damage to this product and to prevent the loss of data.
- Do not store this product in the following places.
– Direct sunlight
– Extremely high or low temperatures
– Excessive dust
Otherwise, malfunction or damage to the product may be caused.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to clean this product. Do not use benzene, thinner, detergents, chemical wiping cloths or cleaning fluids that contain alcohol when wiping the surface of
this product, as this may cause discoloration or deformation.
- Do not place or hold the headphones in the vicinity of a clock, magnetic card, or other
object that can be affected by the magnetic field of the product. Otherwise, the data on
the affected device may be corrupted or destroyed.
- Please observe the following:
– Do not apply unreasonable force to the buttons, switches, jacks and so on.
– Do not dry this product off with hot or warm air from a hair dryer.
– Do not tug on the USB power cable while it is connected.
Failure to observe these points may damage the product.
- Do not do anything that could damage the supplied USB power cable.
– Do not place it near a heater.
– Do not bend it excessively or alter it.
– Do not scratch it.
– Do not place it under a heavy object.
Using the power cord with the core of the cord exposed could cause electric shocks.
- If connecting external units, be sure to thoroughly read the manual for each unit and
connect them in accordance with the instructions.
Failure to properly handle a unit in accordance with the instructions could cause malfunctions.
- When removing the plug from the connected device, be sure to pull out by the plug itself,
not the cable. Bending or pulling the cable forcefully may damage it.
- Do not use the headphones at high volume in a public place. Sound leakage from the
headphones may be a nuisance to people around you.
- Maximum operating temperature : 40°C
Notice regarding use
- For information on replaceable parts, such as earpads, consult your Yamaha dealer.
- Your ears may tingle in geographical locations where the air is very dry. This is not a malfunction of the headphones, but is caused by static electricity on your body or a connected device.
- This product contains a lithium-ion battery.
– You should recharge the batteries at least once every six months, to ensure that they stay
functional. If the batteries are not used for a long time, they may fail to recharge.
– The battery cannot be recharged at a temperature outside of that which is specified.
Recharge the battery within the specified temperature range.
– Rechargeable batteries have limited lifetimes, and their capacity degrades depending on
the method of storage, the environment, frequency of use and the passage of time.
– The battery is not removable by the user.
– Lithium-ion batteries can be recycled. After usage, you may recycle the battery, but
never attempt to remove it by yourself. Have the product inspected by qualified Yamaha
service personnel. If there is no Yamaha service personnel in your area, dispose of it
properly according to relevant environmental laws and disposal rules in your area.
- For details on the accessories, specifications and other information regarding this device,
see the “User Guide”.
- If you plan to transfer ownership of this product, include this document and the supplied
accessories along with the product.
- Follow the rules of your local authority to dispose of this product and its accessories.
- The illustrations in this manual are for instructional purposes only.
All company names, product names and other such listings in this documentation are the
registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective companies.
Documents / Resources