Press and hold the Power Button on top of your speakers to power them on
- The speakers will automatically pair to each other and announce which speaker is the Left / Right speaker.
- Search your Bluetooth Connection on your Smart Device. Two ‘FW-ECOXGEAR’ options will be available. Choose either.
- Pair & Play
PRESS AND HOLD the Power Button to power ON/OFF.
When turned ON, the EX
Footwell speakers will poweron and search for your Bluetooth. Refer to Set Up Recommendations 1-2-3 part 3 for details.
The speakers will automatically pair to each other when turned on. Referto EcoConnect – Wireless Stereo Connection of Two Speakers for details.
Press button once to decrease or to increase Speaker Volume.
NOTE: Some Bluetooth devices may require to be manually set for maximum audio level.
PRESS AND HOLD to select Previous Song trackNext Song track
Press button once to pause or play song tracks.
When receiving an incoming phone call, press button once to answer. Press button again to hang up. You can also
PRESS AND HOLD to reject an incoming call.
The integrated Speakerphone Mic on the Top Panel allows you to answer mobile calls.
LED Status Indicators
Three of the EX Footwell speakers’ backlit buttons also serve as Status Indicators: the Power Button , the Bluetooth Button , and the EcoConnect Button . The Power Button color indicates battery level.
GREEN: 100%-76% charge
YELLOW: 75%-26% charge
RED: 25%-0% charge
Refer to Charging: USB-C Input, Set Up Recommendations 1-2-3 part2 , and EcoConnect –
Wireless Stereo Connection of Two Speakers for additional details.
Set Up Recommendations 1-2-3
Charge Your EX Footwell Speakers Prior to First Use
- For best performance, fully charge your EX Footwell speakers before you turn it on for the first time. Connect the USB-C port to the USB cable and a 5V power source.
Approximately 12 hours of charging is required from a lowto a full charge. Power source options include the USB connection to your computer or a power outlet using a 5V, 2A USB to AC power adapter. It is recommended to always use the USB cable and power adapter included with your EX Footwell speakers.
- Bluetooth Pairing & Your Audio Connecting With Bluetooth:
Connect To Your Smart Device & Play Audio When your speakers are turned on, the backlit Bluetooth Buttons will FLASH BLUE, indicating that they are ready to pair. Turn on Bluetooth on your Bluetooth device (Smart Device) and set the device in pairing mode. Available Bluetooth connections shall appear. Select
‘FW-ECOXGEAR’ speaker from the list of discovered devices on your Bluetooth device. Wait for a few seconds until the connection is completed.
NOTE: Bluetooth connection feature is found in the Settings section of most mobile phones and other Bluetooth enabled devices.
When the FW-ECOXGEAR selection is made and the Bluetooth connection is completed, your EX Footwell speakers will announce: “Connection successful.” The LED Bluetooth Button backlights will shine SOLID BLUE.
LIMITED MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY: The EX Footwell speakers are covered by a 1-year limited warranty that covers defects in workmanship and / or materials for a period of 1 year from original purchase date with the exception of the unit’s battery. The unit’s battery is covered by a conditional 6-month warranty.
This warranty does not apply to any products which have been abused, neglected, modified, or used for a purpose other than the one for which they were manufactured. Please refer to the above care and maintenance instructions for suggested care details. The warranty is valid only for the original owner who purchases the unit from an authorized dealer. Transfers do not qualify for warranty protection. Grace Digital reserves the right to replace any out-of-stock or discontinued product with a comparable product. Discontinued products may not be available for warranty replacement. Any contents are NOT covered by the limited manufacturer’s warranty.
Warranty terms may be revised without notification at the discretion of the manufacturer. Please visit www.ecoxgear.com for additional product & warranty information.
EX Footwell speakers by ECOXGEAR, a division of Grace Digital Inc., San Diego, California.
Designed and Engineered in the USA. Made in China.
WARNING: Please read and understand these instructions completely before installation to avoid possible injury, or damage to the accessory or vehicle.
NOTICES: This installation should be performed by an authorized Yamaha dealer or other qualified technician.
WARRANTY INFORMATION: In the United States, see your Yamaha dealer for a copy of the Genuine Yamaha Accessories Limited Warranty statement.
DEALER OR INSTALLER: These instructions contain important information for future reference and must be given to the customer.
You should never
- Never charge your ECOXGEAR if you suspect water has entered the device. Charging a device with water inside could be potentially hazardous and cause fire or a spark.
- Never use your ECOXGEAR if you have dropped it or thrown it against a hard surface which may have destroyed the integrity of the speakers, housings, or gaskets. In the event of a severe impact to your unit please return the unit to Grace Digital to review for potential damage.
- Never open the auxiliary door in a water environment. This could cause water to ingress into the unit which could potentially be hazardous and cause a fire or a spark.
- Never connect a device to the auxiliary input jack when in a water environment. The auxiliary jack should only be used in a dry environment.
- Never attempt to fix, repair your ECOXGEAR unit. Please send it back to Grace Digital for any assessments and repairs.
CARE, MAINTENANCE, & PRECAUTIONS:
- The unit is waterproof only when the cap is properly closed.
- Close the cap properly before use. If the unit is placed in water without the cap properly closed, water may enter into the unit and void your warranty.
- Dry unit completely before opening the cap. Do NOT open the cap if wet or in a wet environment.
- Do NOT apply excessive force to any surfaces of the unit when wet or in a wet environment.
- Do NOT use or store the unit in places with high temperature.
- AVOID prolonged exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UV sunlight) and strong magnetic fields.
- Periodically check the rubber seal for premature wear.
- Periodically clean the rubber with a soft moist cloth and ensure no objects such as dirt, hair, or sand are on the rubber seal ring. Do NOT use any oily solvent or chemicals for cleaning.
- Rinse off the unit with tap water after use in salt water or swimming pool.
- Power and / or charge the built-in rechargeable battery for portable use by connecting the USB cord to a computer USB connection or to an AC outlet using the AC-to-USB cord 5V, 1A power adapter intended for use with the unit.
- Noise and audio distortion may occur when the batteries are nearing end of charge.
- Do NOT remove the built-in battery. Do NOT remove the grill covers.
Once connected, select and play your desired audio.
If the LED is not flashing or if you wish to place your EX Footwell speakers in pairing mode, press and release the Bluetooth Button on the top panel. Your EX Footwell speakers shall announce “Ready to connect” when ready to pair to a new device.
NOTE: Your EX Footwell speakers shall sync & wirelessly pair with most Bluetooth enabled devices. The unit remembers the last device paired and will automatically
search for previous connections when the speaker is turned on or when a device comes back into Bluetooth range. If a connection is lost due to range, the speaker will look
to re-establish that connection. If Bluetooth is turned off on your Smart Device, the EX Footwell speakers may not automatically look for the device.
RECOMMENDATION: If you are not familiar with Bluetooth pairing for your Smartphone or other Smart Device, refer to the User Guide for your Smartphone to learn how to add and pair a new device (EX Footwell speakers for instance) to your Smartphone using Bluetooth.
Bluetooth Pairing & Connections
Once paired, should you have an issue switching between Bluetooth connections between devices, open the Bluetooth Section within the device currently connected to the EX Footwell speakers and delete the Bluetooth connection. The EX Footwell speakers will then be available to pair and connect to an alternate Bluetooth enabled Smartphone / Audio Device.
Power On Auto-Pairing
If your phone has previously been paired with one speaker, please follow these steps for your next use.
- Turn on one EX Footwell speaker. The speaker will announce, “Ready to Connect.”
- Turn on the other EX Footwell speaker.
- The two speakers will automatically pair to each other and reconnect to your phone.
Attaching Speaker Onto Your Mounts
IMPORTANT: Installation & Waterproofness Installing the EX Footwell Speaker Mounts
In order to attach the EX Footwell speaker mounts, we recommend that you have a licensed Yamaha dealer drill holes into your Yamaha WaveRunner EX personal
watercraft. Doing it yourself could damage your vehicle, and void the warranty.
Maintaining Waterproofness If the cap on the back panel is not properly closed, the unit is NOT watertight. To ensure the unit is watertight & waterproof,
ALWAYS CLOSE THE CAP PROPERLY. To do so, turn the cap all the way to the RIGHT (clockwise).
SAFETY ADVISORY & WARNING:
Read and follow all instructions. Use only as intended.
CAUTION: Do NOT open to repair. A qualified technician must carry out repair work.
ATTENTION: Do NOT charge while the unit is wet. Towel dry the unit AND make sure all connections are dry BEFORE plugging in the charging connector. Failure to do so may result in electrical damage to the unit and may void the warranty.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
WARNING: EX Footwell speakers have a built-in Lithium battery. The battery must NOT be used in or near an open heat source or excessive heat.
WARNING: Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced.
ATTENTION: Do NOT dispose of in a landfill. Contact Grace Digital at support.gracedigital.com or a certified recycling agent to dispose of the unit.
ATTENTION: AC adapter is a device forming a part of the main plug; therefore, an AC adapter can always be readily disconnected from AC socket-outlet.
This product has a limited life span of use and should be replaced when it shows obvious signs of wear.
Do not modify or remove any original component parts of the speaker. Doing so could cause damage to the unit allowing water to ingress. A unit with water ingress should not be charged due to potential risk of fire or shock.
Do not attempt to mount the unit except with the approved ECOXGEAR mounts. Doing so could cause damage to the unit allowing water to ingress. A unit with water ingress should not be charged due to potential risk of fire or shock.
Please exercise care and good judgment when using your ECOXGEAR speaker. Audio levels should be appropriate to your environment, comply with all local regulations, and always ensure that you can hear and be aware of any potential hazards around you.
You should always
- Use the ECOXGEAR speaker in accordance with any music or noise rules and regulations.
- Use the proper ECOXGEAR mounts if you intend to mount the unit.
- Properly seal the ECOXGEAR prior and after each use when in humid or water environments to avoid water damage to the internal components. Salt water / air is
particularly corrosive. Always make sure that the gaskets are sealed when in salt water environment and the unit properly rinsed off after use.
- Properly clean the ECOXGEAR and ensure the gaskets have no sand, dirt, or water on them prior to storage or removing the back cover.
- Store your unit with all caps properly sealed to avoid long term internal moisture damage inside your unit.
- Completely dry and clean your ECOXGEAR prior to attempting to charge the unit.
- Return the ECOXGEAR to Grace Digital if you suspect water ingress into the unit or if the unit has experienced a severe impact that may have affected the integrity of the unit to take on water.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
WARNING: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not
installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: reorient or relocate the receiving antenna, increase the separation between the equipment and receiver, connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected, consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
RF WARNING STATEMENT:
To maintain compliance with FCC’s RF Exposure guidelines, This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance between 20cm the radiator your body:
Use only the supplied antenna.
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1) This device may not cause interference, and 2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
PRODUCT USE AND PROTECTION:
Read and follow all instructions. Use only as intended.
The ECOXGEAR Bluetooth speaker is intended to be used indoors or outdoors and in land or water environments. The speaker has been tested to IP67 waterproofing standards, which means the speaker can be submerged in up to 3 feet of water for 30 minutes without any damage. However, the speaker is NOT intended for constant underwater use. Always make sure the cap(s) / covers(s) are clean, free from sand or debris, and correctly fitted. The speaker will only meet IP67 ratings if all rubber seals, gasket(s), and cover(s) / cap(s) are in place. If you notice a muffling of audio after submersion, gently shake the unit to clear excess water. If your speaker is exposed to salt water, clean it thoroughly after use with fresh water.
The USB cables, power adapters, and unit with an improperly fitted cap are NOT waterproof. To prevent fire or shock, do NOT attempt to charge this unit if it is wet or you suspect water has entered the unit. In this situation, please return the unit to Grace Digital for a free assessment. If we have found that the unit has carried water, we will repair or replace the unit free of charge.
The EX Footwell speakers have been specifically designed to fit into the footwell area of the Yamaha WaveRunner EX Series.
Once, as recommended, the mounts have been installed by a licensed Yamaha dealer, slide the left and right speakers into their respective mounts. When each speaker slides in, the spring-loaded Pin Latch will be pushed out and spring back into place. Do not stop sliding each speaker until the Pin Latch returns to its locked position.
IMPORTANT: Mounting Safety Although the Pin Latch locks each speaker into place, the speakers are NOT secure under heavy riding conditions.
When riding in heavy conditions, ALWAYS install the supplied security bolt on each speaker.
To remove each EX Footwell speaker from their respective mount, follow these steps:
- Unscrew the security bolt, if it is installed.
- While pulling on the Pin Latch (away from the vehicle), pull the speaker out (towards the front of the vehicle).
What’s in the Box
Unit DimensionsUnit Weight
6 lbs (2.72kg)
System Output Power
RMS 130W (65W x2)
88dB +/- 3dB
Lithium Ion Battery
Bluetooth® CSR 5.0
Up to 100 ft / 30 m
50+ hours from full charge
TrueWireless Stereo (TWS) Up to 30 ft / 9.1 m between paired speakers
USB to 5V, 2A AC adapter or Computer
Approximately 12 hours
Recommended Storage (Battery) Temperature
59°F / 15°C
23°F to 104°F / -5°C to 40°C
Waterproof/Dustproof Rating IP67
Charging: USB-C Input
When the speakers drop below a 25% battery level, each speaker will repeat a lowbattery warning three times:the Power Button on each speaker will FLASH RED and the speakers will announce, “Battery low.” Then, the Power Buttons will FLASH RED, once every 5minutes.
To access the connections, turn the waterproof caps to the LEFT (counterclockwise). Connect the USB cable to the USB-C Input to charge your EX Footwell speakers.
The backlit Power Button indicates USB connection Charging Status.
FLASHING RED: Charged 0%-25%
FLASHING YELLOW: Charged 26%-75%
FLASHING GREEN: Charged 76%-99%
SOLID GREEN: Full charge complete
RECOMMENDATION: Use the USB cable and power adapter included in the box.
NOTE: Charge time from low to full charge is approximately 12 hours.
Your speakers can be charged while playing audio.
CAUTION: Do NOT charge if unit and/or connections are wet or damp.
EcoConnect – Wireless Stereo Connection of Two Speakers
If the speakers do not automatically pair when they are first turned on, PRESS & HOLD on each speaker for 4 seconds. Once the speakers emit a tone, follow the Bluetooth Pairing & Your Audio instructions to connect one EX Footwell speaker to your device. Leave this speaker powered on and connected to your device.
Next, press the EcoConnect Button on both of your speakers. Both speakers will announce, “EcoConnect, pairing speakers.” Wait approximately 4 seconds for the speakers to wirelessly connect. Both speakers will announce, “Speakers paired.” Then, the left speaker will announce, “Stereo mode, left speaker,” the right speaker will announce, “Right speaker,” and the EcoConnect backlight will shine SOLID ORANGE on both speakers once the connection is completed. If the left speaker does not announce, “Left speaker,” or the right speaker does not announce, “Right speaker,” follow these steps:
- On one speaker, PRESS & HOLD the Bluetooth Button until the speaker emits a tone. This indicates that the Bluetooth connections have been cleared. Do the same
on the other speaker.
- PRESS & HOLD the EcoConnect Button on either speaker to cycle through the Speaker Channel Modes.
Each PRESS & HOLD of the button will change the Speaker Channel Mode from Left, to Mono, to Right mode. Repeat this until the left speaker announces, “Left speaker,” and the right speaker announces, “Right speaker.”
- Once the two speakers are connected via EcoConnect, you will need to connect one EX Footwell speaker to your device by following the Bluetooth Pairing & Your Audio instructions. 3 After connection is complete, start playing music from your device. Both connected speakers will play the music from you device.
NOTE: The EcoConnect feature works when paired to another EcoConnect capable speaker with a distance of up to 30ft from each other.
Documents / Resources
|YAMAHA GDI-EXYMHFTWL00 20 EcoXGear EX Footwell Speakers [pdf] User Guide|
GDI-EXYMHFTWL00 20 EcoXGear EX Footwell Speakers, GDI-EXYMHFTWL00 20, EcoXGear EX Footwell Speakers, EX Footwell Speakers, Footwell Speakers, Speakers