Xiaomi MJYD02YL-A Mi Motion Activated Night Light 2
Read this manual carefully before use, and retain it for future reference.
Note: Illustrations of product, accessories, and user interface in the user manual are for re ference purposes only. Actual product and functions may vary due to product enhancements.
Installing the batteries
Turn the front cover counterclockwise to unscrew it from its hemispherical housing.
Open the battery cover and install three AA batteries in the battery compartment.
Connecting with Mi Home/Xiaomi Home App
This product works with the Mi Home/Xiaomi Home app*. Use the Mi Home/Xiaomi Home app to control your device, and to interact with other smart home devices. Scan the QR code to download and install the app. You will be directed to the connection setup page if the app is installed already. Or search “Mi Home/Xiao mi Home” in the app store to download and install it.
Open Mi Home/Xiaomi Home app, tap 11 + 11 on the upper right, and then follow prompts to add your device.
- Please connect with the app before installing the night light.
- Make sure the Bluetooth is enabled on your phone when connecting with the app.
- If the night light needs to be reconnected with the app, please delete this device from the app and restore its factory settings fi rst, then reconnect it.
- The version of the app might have been updated, please follow the instructions based on the current app version.
* The app is referred to as Xiaomi Home app in Europe (except for Russia). The name of the app displayed on your device should be taken as the default.
Mounting the light
Choose a flat and dry place to install the night light.
Wipe the desired surface clean, then peel off the protective film from the adhesive sticker of the base. Position the base on the surface and press it down firmly to make sure it is properly secured. Then, install the night light onto the magnetic base and adjust the angle as preferred.
Note: For accurate detection, it is recommended to face the light downwards when the base has been mounted over 1.9 m above the floor.
|Mounting point is over 1.9 m above the floor||Facing downwards|
|Mounting point is between 0.5-1.5 m above the floor||Facing straight forward|
|Mounting point is below 0.5 m above the floor||Facing upwards|
Note: For different mounting heights, the angle needs to be adjusted based on the user’s height and the desired usage scenario to achieve the optimal result.
How to Use
Night Light Function
- The night light will turn on automatically when it detects human body motion in the dark environment, and will turn off automatically after a while if no human body motion is around.
- The night light function is enabled by default with its lighting up for 15 seconds in 2.5 lumens.
- You can enable or disable the night liglht function on the page of Mi MotionActivated Night Light 2 (Bluetooth) in the app. The brightness can be adjusted between 2.5 to 25 lumens and the lighting up time between 15 to 60 seconds.
Note: To do the settings or update the firmware in the app, enable the Bluetooth fu nction on your phone first, then move your body around within the induction range of the night light or push the Bluetooth switch to either s’ide.
- The night light has the sensor functions to not only detect the human body motion, but also the ambient light status of bright or dark.
- You can access the night light to the devices that support Bluetooth gateway function, such as the Mi Bedside Lamp and the Mi Smart LED Ceiling Light. Tap Bluetooth gateway in the settings of the night light page in the app.
- After the night light is successfully accessed, then you can check the logs of the human body motion and the ambient light status. You can also configure to interact this night light with other devices in smart scenes.
Note: You can view the logs only when the night light is accessed to the devices that
support the Bluetooth gateway fu nction.
The det ection area is a 120° area directly at the center in front of the night light. The detection area covers 0-6 min front of the light, and 0-2.5 m to the sides. The detection effect depends on the angle of the light, ambient temperature, body size, and moving speed. The illustrated detection area is based on the direction the logo is facing.
Restoring Factory Settings
Within two seconds, quickly press the Bluetooth switch to either direction threetimes. Once the night light turns on and then turns off, the factory settings have been restored successfully.
|Operating Temperature:||-10°C to 40°C|
|Compatible with:||Android 4.4 & iOS 9.0 or above|
|Wireless Connectivity:||Bluetooth 4.2 BLE|
|Rated Voltage:||4.5 V—|
|Rated Power:||0.35 W|
|Item Dimensions:||φ 80 x 62 mm|
|Net Weight:||121 g|
|Luminous Flux:||2.5-25 Im|
|Operating Frequency:||2402-2480 MHz|
|Maximum Output Power:||<8 dBm|
- Do not cover the detection area of the light.
- When cleaning the surface of the light, wipe it clean with a soft cotton cloth and do not use any corrosive solvents.
- Do not install the light near heat sources such as AC or heating vents, or in direct sunlight. Nor install the light near sources of humidity such as humidifiers or water heaters.
- Make sure it is firmly installed with the magnet, so as to avoid the risk of accidental dropping.
- Make sure the Mi logo is upright at all times when installing and using the night light.
- When the brightness of the night light is reduced after a period of normal use, the battery level may be insufficient. Please replace the batteries with a new ones and dispose of the used batteries in accordance with local rules and regulations, so as to avoid environmental pollution.
- The light source contained in this luminaire shall only be replaced by the manufacturer or his service agent or a similar qualified person.
- For indoor use only.
- Please pay attention to the posititve (+) and negative (-) poles when installing the batteries.
- After non-rechargeable batteries are depleted, they cannot be charged.
- Different types of batteries, and old and new batteries should not be mixed.
- Remove leaking batteries from the night light, and dispose of them in accordance with local rules and regulations, so as to avoid environmental pollution.
- The batteries must be removed from the night light when it is not used for a long time, or when the night light is being disposed of.
- Under normal use of condition, this equipment should be kept aseparation distance of at least 20cm between the antenna and the bodyof the user.
UK Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, Qingdao Yeelink Information Technology Co., Ltd. declares t hat the radio equipment type MJYD02YL-A is in compliance with Radio Equipment Regulations 2017. The full text of the UK declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: http://www.mi.com/u k/se rvice/su p port/ dee larati o n.htm I
EU Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, Qingdao Yeelink Information Technology Co., Ltd. declares that the radio equipment type MJYD02YL-A is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: http://www. mi.com/glob a I/service/support/de c I a ration.ht m I
WEEE Disposal and Recycling
All products bearing this symbol are waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE as in directive 2012/19/EU) which should not be mixed with unsorted household waste. Instead, you should protect human health and the environment by handing over your waste equipment to a designated collection point for the recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment, appointed by the government or local authorities. Correct disposal and recycling will help prevent potential negative consequences to the environment and human health. Please contact the installer or local authorities for more information about the location as well as terms and conditions of such collection points.
FCC Compliance Statement
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Warning: Any changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device contains licence-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s licence-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions
(1) This device may not cause interference.
(2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
NOTE: This equ ipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, usesand can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that towhich the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
To satisfy FCC&IC RF exposure requirements, a separation distance of 20 cm or more should be maintained between the antenna of this device and persons during device operation.
To ensure compliance, operations at closer than this distance is not recommended.
Documents / Resources
|Xiaomi MJYD02YL-A Mi Motion Activated Night Light 2 [pdf] User Manual|
MJYD02YL-A, Mi Motion Activated Night Light 2, Activated Night Light 2, Night Light 2, MJYD02YL-A, Light 2