WAHL 8843 Professional Sterling Big Mag Clipper
When using your clipper, basic precautions should always be followed:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
To reduce the risk of death or injury by electric shock:
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Except when charging, always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet when not in use.
- Unplug the cord before cleaning recharge stand.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
- Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
- Do Not Crush, Disassemble, Heat above 100˚C (212˚F), or Incinerate the appliance, due to Risk of Fire, Explosion, or Burns.
- This appliance is not suitable for use by people (including children) with physical, sensory or mental disabilities or who do not have the relevant experience or knowledge of using such appliance unless under the supervision of or after having received instruction in the use of the appliance by an individual who is responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not use this appliance with damaged or broken blades or broken attachments, as facial injury may occur.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or battery charger transformer if it is not working properly if it has been dropped or damaged, dropped into water. Return the appliance to Wahl Clipper Corporation for examination and repair.
- Always attach plug to appliance first, then to outlet. To disconnect, turn all controls to off position (e.g. “0”) then remove plug from outlet.
- During use, do not place or leave the appliance where it is expected to be subject to damage by an animal, or exposed to weather.
- Do not carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as a handle.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered. Do not use clipper germicide cleaners containing phynyl phenol.
- Use only the charger supplied by the manufacturer to recharge.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS This unit is designed for commercial use
PROPER USE AND MAINTENANCE INFORMATION
- Be sure the clipper is switched to “Off” (downward position) before placing it in the recharge stand.
- Make sure cord is not twisted or kinked while unit is charging or being stored.
- This unit is designed for commercial use.
- It is normal for the unit to become somewhat warm during normal use.
- Put a small drop of Wahl Clipper Oil between the blades after each use. Oil should be applied while the clipper is running. After cutting wet hair, clean the blades and apply a small drop of Wahl Clipper Oil before placing the unit back in the charging stand. Use Wahl Clipper Oil ONLY.
- To clean the unit, use either a clean, dry or dampened cloth. DO NOT USE benzine or thinner to clean unit.
- Do not store the clipper in a wet or moist environment.
- To prolong blade life, do not use clipper on hair that is coated with a permanent wave solution or hair spray.
- Do not touch any of the internal mechanisms. If the unit should need repair, do not attempt to repair it yourself. Return it to Wahl Clipper Corporation.
- If your rechargeable clipper does not seem to be operating or charging properly, please check the following:
- Check the outlet’s current by plugging another appliance (one you know is in proper working condition) into the outlet.
- Make sure the unit is not connected to a power source that turns itself off when lights are turned off.
- Make sure the clipper and recharging stand contacts are clean and free of hair or other contaminants.
- Verify the clipper is properly seated in the charger with the switch on the clipper turned to the “OFF-O)” position. Verify that the blade assembly moves freely and is mounted properly.
- If you still encounter problems with your unit, ship both your clipper and its recharging stand, prepaid, to our factory with a note explaining the problem:
- Attn: Repair Department
3001 North Locust
P.O. Box 578
Sterling, IL 61081
REMOVING AND CLEANING BLADES
- To remove the blades, hold the clipper firmly in one hand. Using the thumb of your hand, simply push the blades away from the front of the clipper. The blades and the mounting plate behind them will all come off in one piece.
- To clean hair that may have become clogged between the blades, brush between the blades with the cleaning brush provided. Always be sure to oil between the blades before each use.
To adjust blade, use 5-level cutting adjustment lever to adjust length of blade from 0,7mm to 3mm.
The cord should never be used to pull the clipper. Freedom of movement needs to be maintained. Care should be used to keep the cord untwisted, and undamaged.
When stored, the cord should be coiled and placed neatly in a dry place.
CHARGING THE BATTERY
Before the equipment is used for the first time, it should be charged 3-5 hours. Connect power cord plug into a receptacle in back of stand and place clipper in stand so nameplate faces forward. (Not all units have recharge stands. To recharge these units, plug power cord directly into unit.) Be sure clipper is switched OFF when charging. During charging, the charge indicator is illuminated. The charge indicator will begin to blink when almost fully charged and may shut off when fully charged. Recommendation: the batteries should only be recharged when the performance of the equipment has deteriorated noticeably. Note: If the unit is fully charged and is placed in the stand to charge, the LED may not turn on. This does not indicate the unit can no longer charge. It means the unit does not need to draw electricity because it is already fully charged.
Switch on the equipment using the on/off switch and, after use, switch it off again. When the battery is fully charged, the equipment can be used for up to 90 minutes.
LITHIUM-ION BATTERY REPLACEMENT, CLIPPER DISPOSAL, AND RECYCLING:
- For battery replacement send the entire, intact clipper unit to: Wahl Annex 3001 North Locust, P.O. Box 578, Sterling, IL 61081 Do not attempt to remove the battery. Lithium-Ion batteries can explode, catch fire, and/or cause burns if disassembled, damaged, or exposed to water or high temperatures.
- If you choose not to send the appliance in for battery replacement, the entire, intact clipper unit must be disposed of.
- Do not attempt to remove the battery for disposal.
- Lithium-Ion batteries may be subject to local disposal regulations. Many locations prohibit disposal in standard waste receptacles. Check your local laws and regulations.
- For recycling contact a government recycling agency, waste disposal service, or retailer, or visit online recycling sources.
LIMITED 1 (ONE) YEAR WARRANTY
If your Wahl product fails to operate satisfactorily within one (1) year from the date of original purchase or receipt as a gift, Wahl will at our option repair or replace it and return it to you FREE OF CHARGE. Our warranty does not cover blades that are wear-out parts. Please mail your product prepaid to Wahl Clipper Corporation, 3100 N. Locust Street, Sterling, Illinois 61081, Attention: Repair Department, with a note describing the defect and the date of original purchase or receipt as a gift (if in warranty). Products out of warranty will be repaired at our standard repair charges.
This warranty is void and no repair or replacement will be made under this warranty or otherwise if:
- The product is modified in any manner.
- The product is repaired by anyone other than Wahl Clipper Corporation
- The product has been subject to unreasonable use.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state. No other written express warranty is given. Any implied warranty including any warranty of merchantability, which may arise from purchase or use is limited to the one-year period provided in this express warranty. Some states may not allow such limitation, so it may not apply to you. No responsibility is assumed for incidental or consequential damages of any type, or for the use of unauthorized attachments. Some states may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Warranty valid only in the United States.
Documents / Resources
|WAHL 8843 Professional Sterling Big Mag Clipper [pdf] Instruction Manual|
8843, Professional Sterling Big Mag Clipper, Sterling Big Mag Clipper, Big Mag Clipper, Mag Clipper, 8843, Clipper