High Definition Pan and Tilt Camera
LF2911 High Definition Pan and Tilt Camera
This guide contains important information. Please keep it for future reference.
Visit our website leapfrog.com leapfrog.com for more information about products, downloads, resources and more. Read our complete warranty policy online at leapfrog.com/warranty.
Scan the QR code to enter our Online Manual:
Or go to leapfrog.com/support
Important Safety Instructions
The applied nameplate is located at the bottom of the camera’s base. When using your equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury, including the following:
- Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
- Adult setup is required
- CAUTION: Do not install the camera at a height above 2 meters.
- This product is not a substitute for adult supervision of the infant. Supervising the infant is the parent’s or caregiver’s responsibility. This product could cease operating, and therefore you should not assume it will continue working properly for any given period of time. Further, this is not a medical device and should not be used as such. This product is intended to assist you in supervising your baby.
- Do not use this product near water. For example, do not use it next to a bath tub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub or swimming pool, or in a wet basement or shower.
- Use only the adapters included with this product. Incorrect adapter polarity or voltage can seriously damage the product.
Power adapter information: Camera Output: 5V DC 1A; VTech Telecommunications Ltd.; Model: VT05EUS05100
- The power adapters are intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor mount position. The prongs are not designed to hold the plug in place if it is plugged into a ceiling, under-thetable or cabinet outlet.
- For pluggable equipment, the socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible.
- Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning.
- Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning. Do not cut off the power adapters to replace them with other plugs, as this causes a hazardous situation.
- Do not allow anything to rest on the power cords. Do not install this product where the cords may be walked on or crimped.
- This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply in your home, consult your dealer or local power company.
- Do not overload wall outlets or use an extension cord.
- Do not place this product on an unstable table, shelf, stand or other unstable surfaces.
- This product should not be placed in any area where proper ventilation is not provided. Slots and openings in the back or bottom of this product are provided for ventilation. To protect them from overheating, these openings must not be blocked by placing the product on a soft surface such as a bed, sofa or rug. This product should never be placed near or over a radiator or heat register.
- Never push objects of any kind into this product through the slots because they may touch dangerous voltage points or create a short circuit. Never spill liquid of any kind on the product.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this product, but take it to an authorized service facility. Opening or removing parts of the product other than specified access doors may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks. Incorrect reassembling can cause electric shock when the product is subsequently used.
- You should test the sound reception every time you turn on the units or move one of the components.
- Periodically examine all components for damage.
- There is a very low risk of privacy loss when using certain electronic devices, such as cameras, cordless telephones, etc. To protect your privacy, make sure the product has never been used before purchase, reset the camera periodically by powering off and then powering on the units, and power off the camera if you will not use it for some time.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the product.
- The product is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Use and store the product at a temperature between 32 o F (0 o C) and 104 o F (40 o C).
- Do not expose the product to extreme cold, heat or direct sunlight. Do not put the product close to a heating source.
- Warning— Strangulation Hazard— Children have STRANGLED in cords. Keep this cord out of the reach of children (more than 3 ft (0.9m) away). Do not remove this tag.
- Never place the camera(s) inside the baby’s crib or playpen. Never cover the camera(s) with anything such as a towel or a blanket.
- Other electronic products may cause interference with your camera. Try installing your camera as far away from these electronic devices as possible: wireless routers, radios, cellular telephones, intercoms, room monitors, televisions, personal computers, kitchen appliances and cordless telephones.
Precautions for users of implanted cardiac pacemakers
Cardiac pacemakers (applies only to digital cordless devices): Wireless Technology Research, LLC (WTR), an independent research entity, led a multidisciplinary evaluation of the interference between portable wireless devices and implanted cardiac pacemakers. Supported by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, WTR recommends to physicians that:
- Should keep wireless devices at least six inches from the pacemaker.
- Should NOT place wireless devices directly over the pacemaker, such as in a breast pocket, when it is turned ON. WTR’s evaluation did not identify any risk to bystanders with pacemakers from other persons using wireless devices.
Electromagnetic fields (EMF)
This LeapFrog product complies with all standards regarding electromagnetic fields (EMF). If handled properly and according to the instructions in this user’s manual, the product is safe to be used based on scientific evidence available today.
Connect and Power On the Camera
- Connect the Camera
• Use only the power adapter supplied with this product.
• If the camera is connected to a switch controlled electric outlet, make sure the switch is on.
• Connect the power adapters in a vertical or floor mount position only. The adapters’ prongs are not designed to hold the weight of the camera, so do not connect them to any ceiling, under-the-table, or cabinet outlets. Otherwise, the adapters may not properly connect to the outlets.
• Make sure the camera and the power adapter cords are out of reach of children.
• To maintain compliance with the FCC’s RF exposure guidelines, place the camera at least 20cm from nearby persons.
- Power On or Off the Camera
• Camera turns on automatically after it connects to the power socket.
• Disconnect from the power supply to power off.
• POWER LED Light is OFF by default.
Download LeapFrog Baby Care App +
Start monitoring from anywhere.
Scan the QR code to download the free LeapFrog Baby Care mobile app, or search “LeapFrog Baby Care+” on Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
After installing the LeapFrog Baby Care App+…
- Sign up for an account
- Pair the camera with your mobile device
- Monitor your baby using a wide range of features
Pair the Camera with your Mobile Device
On LeapFrog Baby Care App+
Before you start…
- Connect your mobile device to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for a better connection and smoother video streaming.
- Enable the Location Service of your mobile device for the purpose of camera setup.
With a Wi-Fi network and enabled Location Service…
You can start to pair the camera with your own mobile device following the instructions in the app. Upon the successful pairing, you can hear and watch your baby via your mobile device.
- Move the camera and the Wi-Fi router closer to each other in order to strengthen the network signal.
- It takes up around 1 minute to search the camera.
Position the Camera
|Tip: You can find the wall mounting tutorial video
and step-by-step guide by visiting our Online Manual.
|Adjust the angle of the baby unit to aim at your baby.|
- Infrared LEDs
- Light sensor
- Night light
- Night light control key
• Tap to turn the night light on or of
• Tap and hold to adjust night light brightness level. 6 Night light control key
- Temperature sensor
- Privacy switch
- Power LED light
- Wall mount slot
- Power jack
- PAIR key
• Press and hold to pair the camera with your mobile devices.
Designed for extra peace of mind, turn on Privacy Mode for a moment of peace and quiet.
Slide the Privacy switch to turn on the privacy mode. When the Privacy Mode is turned on, audio transmission and video monitoring will be disabled so motion recording, motion detection, and sound detection will be temporarily unavailable.
Want a softer hue from the camera’s night light to relax your little one? You can control the brightness of its glow remotely from the LeapFrog Baby Care App+, or directly on the Baby Unit.
Adjust the night light on the Camera
- Tap the Night light control key located on the top of the camera to turn on/off the night light.
Protect Your Privacy and Online Security
LeapFrog cares about your privacy and peace of mind. That’s why we’ve put together a list of industryrecommended best practices to help keep your wireless connection private and your devices protected when online.
Ensure your wireless connection is secure
- Before installing a device, ensure your router’s wireless signal is encrypted by selecting the “WPA2-PSK with AES” setting in your router’s wireless security menu.
Change default settings
- Change your wireless router’s default wireless network name (SSID) to something unique.
- Change default passwords to unique, strong passwords. A strong password:
– Is at least 10 characters long.
– Does not contain dictionary words or personal information.
– Contains a mix of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, special characters and numbers.
Keep your devices up to date
- Download security patches from manufacturers as soon as they become available. This will ensure you always have the latest security updates.
- If the feature is available, enable automatic updates for future releases.
Disable Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) on your router
- UPnP enabled on a router can limit the effectiveness of your firewall by allowing other network devices to open inbound ports without any intervention or approval from you. A virus or other malware program could use this function to compromise security for the entire network.
For more information on wireless connections and protecting your data, please review the following resources from industry experts:
- Federal Communications Commission: Wireless Connections and Bluetooth Security Tips –www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/how-protect-yourself-online.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet – www.us-cert.gov/ncas/tips/ST15-003.
- Federal Trade Commission: Using IP Cameras Safely – https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0382-using-ip-cameras-safely.
- Wi-Fi Alliance: Discover Wi-Fi Security – http://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/security.
How the system works ?
Your home Wi-Fi network provides Internet connection to your camera so that you can monitor and control your camera whenever you are through the LeapFrog Baby Care App+.
Your Wi-Fi router (not included) provides the Internet connectivity, which serves as a communicating channel.
Test the Location for the Camera
If you plan to install your camera to a designated location, and will use your home Wi-Fi network to connect your mobile device, test whether your selected monitoring areas have good Wi-Fi signal strength. Adjust the direction and distance between your camera, mobile device and Wi-Fi router until you have identified a suitable location with good connection.
- Depending on surroundings and obstructing factors, such as the effect distance and internal walls have on signal strength, you may experience reduced Wi-Fi signal.
Mount the Camera (Optional)
- Check for reception strength and the camera viewing angle before drilling the holes.
- The types of screws and anchors you need depend on the composition of the wall. You may need to purchase the screws and anchors separately to mount your camera.
- Place the wall mount bracket on a wall and then use a pencil to mark the top and the bottom holes as shown. Remove the wall mount bracket and drill two holes in the wall (7/32 inch drill bit).
- If you drill the holes into a stud, go to step 3.
• If you drill the holes into an object other than a stud, insert the wall anchors into the holes. Tap gently on the ends with a hammer until the wall anchors are flush with the wall.
- Insert the screws into the holes and tighten the screws until only 1/4 inch of the screws are exposed.
- Place the camera on the wall mount bracket. Insert the mounting studs into the wall mount holes. Then, slide the camera forwards until it locks securely. Align the holes on the wall mount bracket with the screws on the wall, and slide the wall mount bracket down until it locks into place.
- You can maximize your camera viewing angles by tilting the wall mount bracket. Hold the camera, and then rotate the knob in an anti-clockwise direction. This will loosen the joint of the wall mount bracket. Tilt your camera up or down to adjust to your preferred angle. Then, rotate the knob in a clockwise direction to tighten the joint and secure the angle.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
LeapFrog and its suppliers assume no responsibility for any damage or loss resulting from the use of this handbook. LeapFrog and its suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or claims by third parties that may arise through the use of this software. LeapFrog and its suppliers assume no responsibility for any damage or loss caused by deletion of data as a result of malfunction, dead battery, or repairs. Be sure to make backup copies of important data on other media to protect against data loss.
THIS DEVICE COMPLIES WITH PART 15 OF THE FCC RULES. OPERATION IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TWO CONDITIONS: (1) THIS DEVICE MAY NOT CAUSE
HARMFUL INTERFERENCE, AND (2) THIS DEVICE MUST ACCEPT ANY INTERFERENCE RECEIVED, INCLUDING INTERFERENCE THAT MAY CAUSE UNDESIRED OPERATION.
CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B)
Caution: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Warranty: Please visit our website at leapfrog.com for full details of the warranty provided in your country.
FCC and IC regulations
FCC Part 15
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the requirements for a Class B digital device under Part 15 of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules. These requirements are intended to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
WARNING: Changes or modifications to this equipment not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
To ensure safety of users, the FCC has established criteria for the amount of radio frequency energy that can be safely absorbed by a user or bystander according to the intended usage of the product. This product has been tested and found to comply with the FCC criteria. The camera shall be installed and used such that parts of all persons’ body are maintained at a distance of approximately 8 in (20 cm) or more.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian requirement: CAN ICES-3 (B)/ NMB-3(B)
This device contains licence-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s licence-exempt RSS(s).
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause interference. (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may
cause undesired operation of the device.
The term ‘’IC:‘’ before the certification/registration number only signifies that the Industry Canada technical specifications were met.
This product meets the applicable Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada technical specifications.
RF radiation exposure statement
The product complies with FCC RF radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. The camera should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 8 in (20 cm) between the camera and all persons’ body. Use of other accessories may not ensure compliance with FCC RF exposure guidelines. This equipment complies also with Industry Canada RSS-102 with respect to Canada’s Health Code 6 for Exposure of Humans to RF Fields.
Find the answer to your question on our knowledge-rich Online Manual. Get assisted at your own pace and learn what your monitor is capable of.
Scan the QR code to access the Online Manual or visit leapfrog.com/support
articles on product set up,
operations, Wi-Fi and settings.
Walk-throughs on features and
installation such as mounting
the Camera on the wall.
|FAQs & Troubleshooting
Answers to the most commonly
asked questions, including
|Visit our Consumer Support website 24 hours a day at:
United States: leapfrog.com/support
|Call our Customer Service number from Monday to Friday
9am – 6pm Central Time:
United States & Canada:
1 (800) 717-6031
Please visit our website at leapfrog.com for full details of the warranty provided in your country.
|Technology||Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n|
|Channels||1-11 (2412 – 2462 MHz)|
|Internet Connection||Minimum Requirement: 1.5 Mbps @ 720p or 2.5 Mbps @ 1080p upload bandwidth per camera|
|Maximum power allowed by FCC and IC. Actual operating range may vary according to environmental conditions at the time of use.|
|Power requirements||Camera unit power adapter: Output: 5V DC @ 1A|
The Background Noise sound file was created by Caroline Ford, and is used under the Creative Commons license.
The Stream Noise sound file was created by Caroline Ford, and is used under the Creative Commons license.
The Crickets At Night sound file was created by Mike Koenig, and is used under the Creative Commons license.
The Heart Beat sound file was created by Zarabadeu, and is used under the Creative Commons license.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
© 2022 LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc.
a subsidiary of VTech Holdings Limited.
All rights reserved. 09/22. LF2911_QSG_V2
Documents / Resources
|vtech LF2911 High Definition Pan and Tilt Camera [pdf] User Guide|
80-2755-00, 80275500, EW780-2755-00, EW780275500, LF2911 High Definition Pan and Tilt Camera, LF2911, High Definition Pan and Tilt Camera, Definition Pan and Tilt Camera, Pan and Tilt Camera, Tilt Camera, Camera
- LeapFrog Customer Support | Help & Support For LeapFrog Products
- Kids Learning Games | Educational Toys & Kids Tablets | LeapFrog
- LeapFrog Customer Support | Help & Support For LeapFrog Products
- Legal | LeapFrog
- Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet | CISA
- Security | Wi-Fi Alliance
- How To Secure Your Home Security Cameras | Consumer Advice