3-in-1 Starry Skies
VTech understands that a child’s needs and abilities change as they grow and with that in mind we develop our toys to teach and entertain at just the right level…
Toys that will stimulate their interest in different textures, sounds, and colors
…responding to colors, sounds, and textures
…understanding cause and effect …learning to touch, reach, grasp, sit-up, crawl and toddle
Interactive toys to develop their imagination and encourage language development
…to get ready for school by starting to learn the alphabet and counting
…my learning to be as fun, easy, and exciting as can be
…to show my creativity with drawing and music so my whole brain develops
Cool, aspirational and inspiring computers for curriculum-related learning
…challenging activities that can keep pace with my growing mind
…intelligent technology that adapts to my level of learning
…National Curriculum based content to support what I’m learning at school
To learn more about this and other VTech® products, visit www.vtech.co.uk
Thank you for purchasing the 3-in-1 Starry Skies Sheep Soother. Let this sweet lamb soothe your child to sleep with soft music, peaceful nature sounds, and softly pulsing lights. Three light discs provide a night light, starry night effect or kaleidoscope style light projections. Choose among three timer options, and rest assured—if your child wakes up crying, the soother responds with comforting sounds. Remove the electronic module so you can give the sheep to your child to cuddle when they wake up.
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- 3-in-1 Starry Skies Sheep Soother
- Electronic module
- Three light discs
- Quick Start Guide
All packing materials such as tape, plastic sheets, packaging locks, removable tags, cable ties, cords and packaging screws are not part of this toy, and should be discarded for your child’s safety.
Please save this Instruction Manual as it contains important information. The 3-in-1 Starry Skies Sheep Soother is hand washable. Remove the electronic module first. See instructions below and on page 9.
This product is in Try-Me mode in the packaging. After opening the package, please remove the demo tag from the bottom of the electronic module, then turn the unit off and on again to proceed with normal play. If the unit repeatedly powers down or if the light fades out during play, please install a new set of batteries. The cord is not part of this toy. For your child’s safety, please cut and discard the cord before using the product.
Battery Removal and Installation
- Make sure the unit is turned OFF.
- Locate the battery cover on the bottom of the electronic module. Use a screwdriver to loosen the screw and then open the battery cover.
- If used batteries are present, remove these batteries from the unit by pulling up on one end of each battery.
- Install 2 new AA (AM-3/LR6) batteries following the diagram inside the battery box. (For best performance, alkaline batteries or fully charged Ni-MH rechargeable batteries are recommended).
5. Replace the battery cover and tighten the screw to secure.
Adult assembly is required for battery installation. Keep batteries out of reach of children.
IMPORTANT: BATTERY INFORMATION
- Insert batteries with the correct polarity (+ and -).
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable batteries.
- Only batteries of the same or equivalent type as recommended are to be used.
- Do not short-circuit the supply terminals.
- Remove batteries during long periods of non-use.
- Remove exhausted batteries from the toy.
- Dispose of batteries safely. Do not dispose of batteries in a fire.
- Remove rechargeable batteries from the toy before charging.
- Rechargeable batteries are only to be charged under adult supervision.
- Do not charge non-rechargeable batteries.
Disposal of batteries and product
The crossed-out wheelie bin symbols on products and batteries, or on their respective packaging, indicates they must not be disposed of in domestic waste as they contain substances that can be damaging to the environment and human health.
The chemical symbols Hg, Cd or Pb, were marked, indicating that the battery contains more than the specified value of mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd) or lead (Pb) set out in the Batteries and Accumulators Regulation. The solid bar indicates that the product was placed on the market after 13th August 2005. Help protect the environment by disposing of your product or batteries responsibly.
VTech® cares for the planet.
Care for the environment and give your toy a second life by disposing of it at a small electrical collection point so all its materials can be recycled.
In the UK:
Visit www.recyclenow.com to see a list of collection points near you. In Australia & New Zealand: Check with your local council for kerbside collections.
- On/Off Switch
To turn the unit On, slide the On/Off Switch to the On position. You will hear a soothing song, two nursery rhymes and 10 melodies. To turn the unit Off, slide the On/Off Switch to the Off position.
- Timer Switch
Slide the Timer Switch to select the length of time the unit will play audio. When the time is up, the unit will automatically shut off.
- Volume Control Buttons
Press the button to increase the volume or the Button to decrease the volume. There are seven volume levels, with the default volume set to level three.
The default volume level is set to level three when the unit is first turned on or when the batteries are changed. Select a preferred volume level, and the unit will use this as its new default volume level (excluding level one, which is silent mode). If silent mode is selected, the unit will default to volume level two when reactivated after automatically powering down.
- Light Control Button
Press the Light Control Button to select one of six light effects, including a no-light setting.
- Sound Sensor
The 3-in-1 Starry Skies Sheep Soother is equipped with a special sound sensor. Once the selected time setting has ended, the unit will automatically shut off. The sensor will reactivate the program if it detects that your baby’s cry has continued for approximately four seconds without interruption. The unit will reactivate and play lullabies. The sound sensor will be disabled after 12 hours of inactivity.
- Light Discs
Three Light Discs are included with the sheep, each giving a different light effect. Snap the star pattern disc to project a starry night sky. The refractor pattern projects fun kaleidoscope-style lights. Insert the plain disc cover to give a soft, glowing night-light effect.
- Automatic Shut Off
To preserve battery life, the 3-in-1 Starry Skies Sheep Soother will automatically shut down after the selected time has ended. The unit can be turned on again by pressing any button. It will also turn on automatically when the sound sensor detects your baby’s cry.
With the 3-in-1 Starry Skies Sheep Soother, safety comes first. To ensure your child’s safety, adult assembly is required.
- To change the Light Disc, pull on the tab with one hand while removing the disc with your other hand. To attach the Light Disc, insert the disc tab into the slot on the electronic module, pressing it down until it snaps into place.
- Store the light discs under the electronic module, inside the 3-in-1 Starry Skies Sheep Soother.
- To remove the electronic module from the sheep, simply pull out the electronic module and seal the hook and loop closure. To insert the electronic module, open the hook and loop closure and spread and reshape material to make a large enough opening for the electronic module to fit inside.
- Sound Button
Press the Sound Button to hear a combination of soothing nature sounds or white noise. Press the Sound Button again to hear the next sound. The light pattern will fade in and fade out slowly with the sounds if the Light Control Button has not been pressed.
- Nursery Rhyme Button
Press the Nursery Rhyme Button to hear five nursery rhymes with fun sounds followed by soft melodies. Press the Nursery Rhyme Button again to hear the next rhyme or
melody. The light pattern will fade in and fade out slowly with the sounds if the Light Control Button has not been pressed.
- Lullaby Button
Press the Lullaby Button to hear three soothing songs followed by soft melodies. Press the Lullaby Button again to hear the next song or melody. The light pattern will fade in and fade out slowly with the sounds if the Light Control Button has not been pressed.
- Mary Had a Little Lamb
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Here We Go ‘Round the Mulberry Bush
- Hickory, Dickory, Dock
- Roses Are Red
- Eine kleine Nachtmusik: Allegro – Mozart
- Minuet in G – Bach
- Morning Mood (Peer Gynt) – Grieg
- Prelude – Fugue No. 1 (Well-Tempered Clavier) – Bach
- Autumn (Four Seasons) – Vivaldi
- Winter (Four Seasons) – Vivaldi
- Spring (Four Seasons) – Vivaldi
- Summer (Four Seasons) – Vivaldi
- Air – Bach
- Berceuse – Brahms
- Cello Suite No.1 in G – Bach
- Happy Farmer
- Rondo a Capriccio – Beethoven
- Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major, BWV 1048: Allegro – Bach
- Magic Flute – Mozart
- Serenade – Haydn
- Moonlight Sonata – Beethoven
- Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 – Chopin
- Spring Song – Mendelssohn
- Kinderszenen – Schumann
- Klipp-Klapp Galopp – Strauss
- Sleeping Beauty Waltz – Tchaikovsky
- Piano Sonata in C, K545 1st Movement – Mozart
- Cradle Song – Mozart
- Blue Danube Waltz – Strauss
- Canon in D – Pachelbel
- Berceuse, Op. 57 – Chopin
- Turkish March – Mozart
- The Nutcracker Suite -Tchaikovsky
- Swan Lake – Tchaikovsky
- Ode to Joy – Beethoven
- Water Music – Handel
- Für Elise – Beethoven
- The Swan (Carnival of the Animals) – Saint-Saëns
Wink, wink, close your eyes, I will sing you sweet lullabies.
It’s time to close your eyes, Little one, little one.
It’s time to close your eyes, And have sweet dreams.
Hush little baby, it’s time to sleep, Close your eyes, and count some sheep.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
- Keep the unit clean by wiping it with a slightly damp cloth.
- Keep the unit out of direct sunlight and away from any direct heat sources.
- Remove the batteries if the unit will not be in use for an extended period of time.
- Do not drop the unit on hard surfaces and do not expose the unit to moisture or water.
If for some reason the unit stops working or malfunctions, please follow these steps:
- Turn the unit Off.
- Interrupt the power supply by removing the batteries.
- Let the unit stand for a few minutes, then replace the batteries.
- Turn the unit On. The unit should now be ready to use again.
- If the unit still does not work, install a new set of batteries.
If the problem persists, please contact our Consumer Services Department, and a service representative will be happy to help you.
Creating and developing VTech® products is accompanied by a responsibility that we at VTech® take very seriously. We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information, which forms the value of our products. However, errors sometimes can occur. It is important for you to know that we stand behind our products and encourage you to call our Consumer Services Department with any problems and/or suggestions that you might have. A service representative will be happy to help you.
Phone: 0330 678 0149 (from UK) or +44 330 678 0149 (outside UK)
Phone: 1800 862 155
Phone: 0800 400 785
Read our complete warranty policy online at vtech.co.uk/warranty.
VTECH ELECTRONICS (AUSTRALIA) PTY LIMITED – CONSUMER GUARANTEES
Under the Australian Consumer Law, a number of consumer guarantees apply to goods and services supplied by VTech Electronics (Australia) Pty Limited. Please refer to vtech.com.au/consumerguarantees for further information.
TM & © 2021 VTech Holdings Limited.
All rights reserved.
Documents / Resources
|vtech 550503 3-in-1 Starry Skies Sheep Soother [pdf] Instruction Manual|
550503, 3-in-1 Starry Skies Sheep Soother, 550503 3-in-1 Starry Skies Sheep Soother