VANGUARD 63125 125 Volt 15 AMP Female Plug Connector Owner’s Manual
Save This Manual Keep this manual for the safety warnings and precautions,
assembly, operating, inspection, maintenance and cleaning procedures.
Write the product’s serial number in the back of the manual (or month and year of purchase if product has no number).
Keep this manual and the receipt in a safe and dry place for future reference.
When unpacking, make sure that the product is intact and undamaged. If any parts are missing or broken, please call 1-888-866-5797 as soon as possible.
Copyright© 2020 by Harbor Freight Tools®. All rights reserved.
No portion of this manual or any artwork contained herein may be reproduced in any shape or form without the express written consent of Harbor Freight Tools. Diagrams within this manual may not be drawn proportionally. Due to continuing improvements, actual product may differ slightly from the product described herein.
Tools required for assembly and service may not be included.
Read this material before using this product. Failure to do so can result in serious injury. SAVE THIS MANUAL.
125 VAC / 15 A
|16 AWG, 3 wire, round jacket|
5-15R / 5-15P
Important Safety Information
TO PREVENT SERIOUS INJURY AND ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Disconnect power before connecting.
- Inspect before connecting and every use. Do not use if parts loose or damaged.
- Wear ANSI-approved safety goggles during installation.
- Use as intended only.
Do not expose to moisture or rain. Keep off ground.
- Tighten all connections securely.
Read the ENTIRE IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION section at the beginning of this document including all text under subheadings therein before set up or use of this product.
TO PREVENT SERIOUS INJURY AND DEATH FROM ELECTRIC SHOCK: DEVICE TO BE INSTALLED BY QUALIFIED PERSON.
CONDUCTORS MUST BE DE-ENERGIZED BEFORE WIRING.
- Select proper wire size and type for load and application.
Use only applicable round cord and cables per electrical codes.
Device to be used with 16-3 cord and the following cord types:
SJT group, ST group, S group,
SE group, SJ group, SJE group
USE COPPER WIRE ONLY.
- Wiring preparation:
- Select correct end of cord to ensure easy insertion of conductors. (Conductor sequence is important.)
- Strip cord jacket and conductors as shown in
Figure A. Twist strands. (Do not tin conductors.)
- Open the connector by separating its body and shell. (Note the plug/connector is keyed to the shell.)
- Wiring method:
- Slip outer shell onto the cord. Adjustment of cord clamps may be necessary depending on cord size.
- Insert all conductors into identified terminal pockets.
- Green wire to green terminal pocket.
- White wire to white terminal pocket.
- Black wire to brass terminal pocket.
- Tighten terminal screws to 20 inch lb.
- Slip shell into front section by aligning key on body with key in shell.
- Evenly tighten assembly screws to 14 inch lb.
- Evenly tighten cord grip screws to 14 inch lb.
Limited 90 Day Warranty
Harbor Freight Tools Co. makes every effort to assure that its products meet high quality and durability standards, and warrants to the original purchaser that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period of 90 days from the date of purchase.
This warranty does not apply to damage due directly or indirectly, to misuse, abuse, negligence or accidents, repairs or alterations outside our facilities, criminal activity, improper installation, normal wear and tear, or to lack of maintenance. We shall in no event be liable for death, injuries to persons or property, or for incidental, contingent, special or consequential damages arising from the use of our product.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation of exclusion may not apply to you. THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS.
To take advantage of this warranty, the product or part must be returned to us with transportation charges prepaid. Proof of purchase date and an explanation of the complaint must accompany the merchandise.
If our inspection verifies the defect, we will either repair or replace the product at our election or we may elect to refund the purchase price if we cannot readily and quickly provide you with a replacement. We will return repaired products at our expense, but if we determine there is no defect, or that the defect resulted from causes not within the scope of our warranty, then you must bear the cost of returning the product.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Note: Use UPC 792363631266 to refer to male plug. Use UPC 792363631259 to refer to female plug.
Documents / Resources
|VANGUARD 63125 125 Volt 15 AMP Female Plug Connector [pdf] Owner's Manual|
63125, 125 Volt 15 AMP Female Plug Connector, 63126 Male Plug