InstaShiatsu® + MC-1500
Read all instructions before using this household appliance
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
- Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use, and before putting on or taking off parts.
- Do not operate under blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a service center for examination and repair.
- Temperatures sufficiently high to cause burns may occur regardless of the control setting.
- Do not use on an infant or invalid or on a sleeping or unconscious person.
- Do not use on insensitive skin or on a person with poor blood circulation.
Check the skin in contact with the heated area of the appliance frequently to reduce the risk of blistering.
- Do not carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as a handle.
Welcome to your new truMedic® MC-1500 Massage Chair! Before using, please review the following instructions for safety and the best operating experience.
Throughout this guide, we’ll use several symbols that contain important information. To reduce risk of personal injury, fire, and shock, please review all these items carefully. Save this booklet for future use and reference.
If you see this symbol, the accompanying language will describe a warning for serious bodily injury or death.
The caution symbol denotes something that may cause an injury or property damage.
Avoid engaging in the listed behaviors associated with this symbol.
You must adhere to these guidelines when operating your new massage chair.
This chair is not waterproof, avoid contact with any liquids.
Do not disassemble any part on your chair featuring this symbol. Doing so may increase the risk of harm or void any accompanying warranty.
This symbol will provide directions on how to use a particular cable during assembly and use.
This symbol denotes any fire or environmental hazards.
Warnings and Notes of Caution
Avoid Using The MC-1500 if you belong to any of the following groups:
- Those with osteoporosis.
- Those who have a pacemaker implant or other electrical medical implant.
- Those who are pregnant or in poor health should discuss use with a physician.
- Children under the age of 12.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs. Accident and injury warnings
- Do not allow children, pets, or any objects in or around the chair while it is in an adjusted position or in operation.
- Close supervision is necessary while operating the chair by, on or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Immediately discontinue use and speak with a medical professional if you experience any strange or disorienting symptoms during use.
- Do not sleep in the chair.
- Do not sit or stand on the armrests.
- Avoid excessively targeting any one area of the body to reduce the risk of injury.
- Closely monitor any user who suffers from mobility difficulties.
Fire and electrocution warnings
- Always insert the plug into an appropriate power outlet.
- Never leave a plug sticking partly out of an outlet.
- Always turn off and unplug the chair when it is not in use or before cleaning.
Fire and electrocution avoidance
- Do not use a plug, cord, or outlet if you identify a poor or broken contact.
- Only use power sources that support the recommended voltage to reduce the risk of fire or electric shock.
- Do not use any damaged, twisted, knotted, or constricted power cords.
- Do not fold massage chair cushions if you plan to store the chair.
- Do not run this massage chair for long, uninterrupted periods. Follow all run-time recommendations listed in this manual.
- Always turn OFF and unplug your chair after a massaging session.
- Always turn the chair off and unplug your chair during electrical outages.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Thank you for purchasing a truMedic® MC-1500 Massage Chair. Please read this instruction manual carefully so you may learn how to properly use the chair before using it. Make sure to pay close attention to the important safety warnings, and keep this manual handy for future use. truMedic® reserves the right to change the design specifications of the FC-1500 without notice.
Features and Function
- 4 wheel-driven mechanical massage hands that move up and down while stretching back and forth mounted on an L-track roller.
- Reclines into zero-gravity mode using space-saving functionality.
- 5 massage modes: Shiatsu, Kneading, Knocking, Simultaneous Kneading and Tapping.
- 5 program options: Fixed Position, Partial Position, Full Back, Neck & Shoulder, and Back & waist with three adjustable speed levels.
- 6 auto massage functions: Relax, Comfort, Full-body, Neck & Shoulder Massage, Back & Waist and Stretch.
- 3 memory mode functions.
- Tailor each massage session to you with Body Scanning Technology.
- Full-body air pressure massage with the ability to focus only on your arms or legs with 3 adjustable intensity levels.
- Leg rest designed with massage rollers for your feet which can be extended to suit different leg lengths.
- Control the recline of the footrest and backrest individually with three auto reclining modes.
- Infrared heating massage for your back
Operating Your Massage Chair
Please read all the following instructions to ensure safe and effective operation of your MC-1500 massage chair.
Turning On and Operating Your Chair
- Insert the A/C power cord into the chair through the DC jack found on the back of the MC-1500.
- Insert the power cord into an approved socket.
- Turn the chair on using the power switch found near the bottom of the control panel.
- To begin a massage session, use the control panel to activate your desired settings. Learn more about these options in the Control Panel Usage Guide on page 17.
Warnings and Attention About Operation
- If you notice damage to the chair, please discontinue use and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To reduce risk of injury, only use in a socket with approved voltage
Understanding Your Massage Chair
Take the time to review the graphics available below and familiarize yourself with the distinctive parts of your new massage chair. As soon as you unbox your chair, use the components listing to verify that you have all necessary parts. Contact truMedic® at service@truMedic.com if you are missing any pieces.
Placing Your Massage Chair
Where to Place Your Chair
Moving or Placing the massage chair on a wood floor for a long time may damage your floor. Try to place the chair on a carpet, mat or any other type of flooring to avoid potential damage.
Moving The Chair
When the chair is plugged in, use the remote control to raise the leg rest to its highest point. Then turn off the chair using the power switch and unplug the remote and power wire.
Lift the chair using the grips in the back of the chair and push/pull using the wheels mounted to the front.
What to Do Before Using Your Chair:
- Monitor the power plug and source. Clean the plug and cord routinely to avoid dust buildup. Make sure the plug rests comfortably and protected between the power source and the chair. The cord should never sit under a heavy object or appear to have kinks, stretching or knots.
- Check the clearance by fully reclining your chair. Make sure there are no obstacles in your way such as pets, children or side tables.
- Place the chair away from walls. The chair should sit out at least 15 inchesfrom the wall starting from the backrest.
Using the Remote Controller
- To ensure effective operation, do not press two or more keys at the same time.
- Seat yourself comfortably in the chair before turning on or selecting any massage program.
- Do not spill liquids onto the remote. If the remote encounters liquids, please unplug it from the chair immediately.
Starting Your Massage
- Make sure the chair is currently plugged into a power source and the ON/OFF switch located on the back of the chair is turned ON
- Press the Power Button on the remote control to begin the massage.
- Upon powering on the MC-1500, it will automatically begin scanning your body.
- If there is a difference between the massage rollers and your actual shoulder position, you can adjust the rollers using the Up and Down Buttons on the remote.
There are 10 different massage focus points available, the chair will run an automatic massage if there is no shoulder position chosen within 10 seconds.
- During the shoulder and massage point detection process, you can press any auto mode to start the massage.
- Press the memory button to cycle through all stored massage sessions (1, 2, 3)
- Press and hold the memory button to store the current massage settings to use for another time. You may store a maximum of 3.
Auto Massage Functions
Upper Body Manual Massage
Upper Body Manual Massage (Cont.)
Foot Rollers and Manual Heat Function
Backrest and Footrest Adjustments
Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning Your Massage Chair
Your massage chair contains synthetic, plastic, and metal components. Routine cleaning with a dry microfiber cloth can help your massage chair look clean and shiny.
Only use a dry cloth to clean the product’s control panel.
Cleaning the Synthetic Surfaces:
Your MC-1500 has synthetic upholstery. You can clean these surfaces with a damp cloth and neutral detergent if necessary.
- Before cleaning your massage chair, confirm that your chair is in the “OFF” position and unplug from the wall socket.
- Never use a damp cloth to clean the control panel.
- Keep your chair away from heat, fire, or exposure to direct sunlight.
- Never clean your chair with organic solvent or bleach. Only use a neutral detergent solution on the components of the MC-1500.
- Never submerge your chair in water or saturate it with liquid. This poses a risk of electrocution or fire.
If you experience difficulties while using your chair, refer to this section of the operation manual. Contact truMedic® if this section does not address the problem you experience.
If you notice any signs of overheating, turn off your unit and unplug immediately. Contact an authorized maintenance professional for more information.
This troubleshooting guide provides examples of common issues but is not a comprehensive resource. Should you experience issues with your chair, discontinue use and contact truMedic® at 888-264-1766 or service@truMedic.com.
- For repairs, please contact the distributor or after sales service. For more information, refer to your enclosed warranty card.
- Any questions directed to customer service may be recorded for training purposes.
- The instructions of specifications of this product may change without notice.
- Should your chair need repair, customer service can help you find a qualified repair center.
TWO (2) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
truMedic® warrants this truMedic® Massage Chair against defects in materials and/ or workmanship under normal use for a period of TWO (2) YEAR from the date of purchase by the original purchaser (“Warranty Period”). Normal use is defined as use by an end-user in a residential location. If a defect arises and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, at its option, truMedic® will either 1) repair the defect at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts, or 2) replace the truMedic®
Massage Chair with a new or refurbished truMedic® Massage Chair OR 3) provide a credit in the amount of the purchase price of the original product. A replacement product or part, including a user-installable part installed in accordance with instructions provided by truMedic®, will be covered for the remaining warranty period of the original product. When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes truMedic® property. When a credit is given, the original product must be returned to truMedic® and becomes truMedic® property. Obtaining Service: To obtain warranty service, call the truMedic®
Warranty Service at 888-264-1766 or contact the company via email at service@truMedic.com. Please be prepared to describe the truMedic® Massage Chair model that needs service and the nature of the problem. Proof of purchase is required.
All repairs and replacements must be authorized in advance. Service options, parts availability and response times will vary.
Limits and Exclusions: Coverage under this Warranty is limited to the United States of America, excluding the U.S. Territories of Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands and including Canada. This Warranty applies only to products manufactured by truMedic® that can be identified by the “truMedic®” trademark, trade name, or logo affixed to them or their packaging. The Warranty does not apply to any non-truMedic® products. truMedic®, in so far as permitted by law, provides these products “as is.” This warranty does not apply to: a) damage caused by failure to follow instructions relating to product’s use or the installation of components; b) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, floods, earthquake or other external causes; c) damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not a representative of truMedic®; d) accessories used in conjunction with a covered product; e) a product or part that has been modified to alter functionality or capability; f) items intended to be periodically
replaced by the purchaser during the normal life of the product including, without limitation, batteries or light bulbs; g) any product sold “as is” including, without limitation, floor demonstration models and refurbished items; or h) a product that is used commercially or for a commercial purpose.
TRUMEDIC® SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT, OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TRUMEDIC® DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS. IF TRUMEDIC® CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY.
Some states disallow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Name: MC-1500 Massage Chair
Rated Time: 20 minutes
Rated Voltage: AC110-120V~ 60Hz/AC220-240V~ 50-60Hz
Weight: 198.4 lbs
Packaging Size: (L×W×H) 58.2 × 29.9 × 33.2 in