TRISTAR VE-5810 Wall Ceiling Fan
- This appliance shall not be used by children aged less than 8 years. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children aged less than 8 years. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless older than 8 and supervised.
- By ignoring the safety instructions the manufacturer cannot be held responsible for the damage.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance is only to be used for household purposes and only for the purpose it is made for.
- The electrical supply must be switched off at the outset, preferably by means of a switch in the distribution box, before any installation, maintenance or repair work is undertaken.
- Always attach the fan to the ceiling, never to the power point itself.
- The minimum distance between the blades of the fan and the floor has to be more than 2.3m. The minimum carrying capacity must be 100kg.
- Take account of the minimal separation distance from other objects and the room required around the fan.
- All electrical connections and connection cables must comply with the appropriate rules and match the operating instructions
- The fan must be properly earthed to avoid the risk of an electric shock.
- Never mount the fan in a moist or wet place. · Be careful when working near the rotating blades.
- The fitting must be correctly installed if it is to operate reliably.
- If in any doubt consult a professional, taking local installation requirements into account. Some countries stipulate that lighting may be installed only by registered installers.
- Clamping screws in electrical connections must be adequately tightened.
- Take note of the symbols when connecting wires: N=Neutral, L=Phase, = Earth, LS=Live, switched. [WEEE Logo]
- Canopy with mounting plate
- Down rod
- Motor unit
- Fan blades
- Switch cords
BEFORE THE FIRST USE
- Take the appliance and accessories out the box. Remove the stickers, protective foil or plastic from the device.
- Place the device in a place with at least 50 cm free space around the unit.
Installation of the fan
- Secure the mounting plate to the ceiling with two screws, spring washers and flat washers provided. Ensure the support for the mounting plate must be capable of safely and securely holding the moving weight of the fan.
- Insert the male connector into the female connector.
- Connect the wires from the earthed mains supply to the terminal block.
- Attach canopy to the mounting plate by aligning canopy side holes with the bracket side holes. Lift fan until the screws reach the bottom of the slots and then rotate the canopy counterclockwise until the screws drop into the slot recesses.
- Insert the other two set screws and washers. Tighten all the screws, make sure that the canopy is secure and that you have not trapped any wires. Ensure that the slot of the ball hanger fits into the guide pin of the upper canopy.
- Assemble blade clips onto the blades by tightening the screws, flat washer, spring washers and nuts together.
- Install the fan blade sets onto the motor by tightening the screws and spring washers.
- Install a light bulb (E27, max 60W, max 110x60mm, not included) to the lamp holder. Switch the power on to check the correct operation of the light and the fan.
- Install the glass shade onto the motor housing by tightening the three thumb screws. CAUTION: Do not use pliers to tighten the thumbscrews. Over tightening of the thumb screws may crack the glass shade and cause danger.
- Attach the two pull cords, ensure that the pull cord retaining clips supports the cord.
- Pull the speed switch cord to set the desired speed mode.
- Pull the light switch cord to turn the light on or off.
- To switch off the device pull the cord several times.
- The following table lists the different speed settings. For another position pull the speed cord.
|High speed |
|Medium speed |
|Low speed |
- The switch on the motor housing controls the direction of air movement:
– In cold weather: press the “UP” switch so that the blades push the hotair down and let it circulate through the room.
– In hot weather: Push switch “DOWN” so that the blades will create abreeze and circulate the cold air through the room.
– Note: Let the fan stop operating before using the direction switch in order to prevent any damage to the motor or injury. The switch should stay at the UP or DOWN position when the fan is working.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Clean the appliance with a damp cloth. Never use harsh and abrasive cleaners, scouring pad or steel wool, which damages the device.
This appliance should not be put into the domestic garbage at the end of its durability, but must be offered at a central point for the recycling of electric and electronic domestic appliances. This symbol on the appliance, instruction manual and packaging puts your attention to this important issue. The materials used in this appliance can be recycled. By recycling of used domestic appliances you contribute an important push to the protection of our environment. Ask your local authorities for information regarding the point of recollection.
You can find all available information and spare parts at www.tristar.eu!
Documents / Resources