TRISTAR ST-8921 Garment Steamer
- By ignoring the safety instructions the manufacturer cannot be held responsible for the damage.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Never move the appliance by pulling the cord and make sure the cord cannot become entangled.
- The user must not leave the device unattended while it is connected to the supply. This appliance is only to be used for household purposes and only for the purpose it is made for.
- This appliance shall not be used by children aged less than 8 years. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children aged less than 8 years. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless older than 8 and supervised.
- To protect yourself against an electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plug or appliance in the water or any other liquid.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years of age when it is energized or cooling down.
- Do not left the iron unattended while it is connected to the mains supply.
- Do not open the water tank during use.
- Remove the plug from the socket before the water reservoir will be filled with water.
- Surface is liable to get hot during use.
- Steam panel
- Main body
- On/off Button
- Steam activation button
- Water tank
- Brush (removable)
BEFORE THE FIRST USE
- • Take the appliance and accessories out the box. Remove the stickers, protective foil or plastic from the device.
• When operating the appliance for the first time, allow it to steam for a few minutes. This will remove any impurities and odours that might have been left by the manufacturing proces. You may want to try the steamer on an old piece of fabric before steaming your garment the first time.
- • Pull out the water tank. Open the water inlet cover and fill the tank with water until it reaches the maximum level. Do not exceed the maximum level. Always ensure the water tank is at least a third full.
• Put back the water tank.
- Hold the appliance with your hand positioned safely at the neck of the garment steamer in an upright position. Use your other hand to attach the fabric brush onto the steam head. The fabric brush will lock into position with an audible “click”.
- Connect the plug to wall outlet and press the power button.
- While the appliance is heating, the power indication light will be
- Select Eco (green light) or normal mode (blue light) by pushing the on/off button. The Eco mode consumes less energy but also produces less steam.
- Press and hold down the steam button. Steam facing away from you in an upright position. Gently press the fabric brush against the garment and move the appliance up and down.
- Release the steam button to stop the steam.
- The unit will enter standby mode if it is not been used for more than 8 minutes, the clock icon will turn red. When the on / off button or steam button is pressed, the appliance switches on again.
- If there is less water in the tank than the minimum, the tap icon turns red and the pump stops automatically within 30 seconds. The water tank must be refilled with at least the minimum amount of water.
- After using the appliance, press and hold the power button to turn it off. Disconnect the power plug out of the socket.
- Take off the water tank off and empty the remaining water from the tank.
- Let the appliance cool down in a upright position.
if garment has metal accessories, be cautious and do not use the garment steamer directly over the metal as this may discolor the metal.
always unplug the garment steamer before attaching or detaching the brush.
the high temperature can reach 180 ºC, please confirm whether the material is high-temperature resist or not before steaming. Do not leave the spraying panel on the same spot for a long time to avoid damage to the garment.
when not using the appliance and before storage, continue steaming until the water tank runs out of water, then turn off and unplug the appliance and wait until the appliance is cooled down completely. NOTE: if the unit becomes noisy with a loud humming sound and no steam is being generated, check the water level in the water tank. this may indicate that the garment steamer is out of water and needs to be refilled.flashing. When the flashing stops and the light will illuminate constantly the garment steamer is ready to use.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- When not using the appliance and before storage, continue steaming until the water tank runs out of water, then turn off and unplug the appliance and wait until the appliance is cooled down completely.
- Do not put the appliance in water. use a dry clean cloth to dry the appliance, no special cleaning agent is needed.
- Make sure the main body is dry before storage or packing.
This appliance should not be put into the domestic garbage at the end of its durability, but must be offered at a central point for the recycling of electric and electronic domestic appliances. This symbol on the appliance, instruction manual and packaging puts your attention to this important issue. The materials used in this appliance can be recycled. By recycling of used domestic appliances you contribute an important push to the protection of our environment. Ask your local authorities for information regarding the point of recollection.
You can find all available information and spare parts at www.tristar.eu
Documents / Resources