TRISTAR KW-2436 Kitchen Scale 2.5 Liters Instruction Manual
- Please read the instruction manual carefully before using the device.
Please keep these instructions, the guarantee certificate, the sales receipt and, if possible, the carton with the inner packaging.
- This appliance is not intended to be used by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning the use of the appliance by a person that is responsible for their safety.
- By ignoring the safety instructions the manufacturer can not be hold responsible for the damage.
- To protect children against the dangers of electrical appliances, please make sure that you never leave the appliance unattended.
Therefore you have to select a storage place for the appliance where children are not able to grab it. Make sure that the cable is not hanging in a downward position.
- This appliance is only to be used for household purposes and only for the purpose it is made for.
- The appliance must be placed on a stable, level surface.
- Handle the balance with care, as it is a precise measuring instrument.
Do not drop it or jump on it.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not expose the battery to high temperatures or direct sunlight.
Never throw batteries into the fire. There is a danger of explosion!
- Keep batteries away from children. They are not a toy!
- Do not open the batteries by force.
- Avoid contact with metallic objects.(Rings, nails, screws et cetera)there is a danger of short-circuiting!
- As a result of a short-circuit batteries may heat up consider-ably or even catch fire. This may result in burns.
- For your safety the battery poles should be covered with adhesive strips during transport.
- If a battery leaks, do not rub your eyes with your hands.
If in contact with the liquid, the hands should be washed thoroughly and eyes rinsed out with clear water, if symptoms persist please consult a doctor.
- Weighing surface
- On/Off button
- Zero/Tara button
- UNIT button
- Timer function button.
Before the first use
- Take the appliance and accessories out the box. Remove the stickers, protective foil or plastic from the device.
- Always weigh/use the scale on a hard and flat surface. When you are measuring, please keep still.
- Remove the cover on the bottom of the scale and place a 9V battery, replace the cover.
- Determine before the device is turned on if it is going to be used with or without the bowl. Press the on/off button to turn on the device.
- Select the desired weight indicator by pressing the unit button. The device can be set to kg (kilograms), g (grams), lb (pounds) or oz (ounces).
- The device is equipped with an automatic turn off function when the device is not used for 2 minutes the device will turn off automatically.
- The device can manually be turned off by pressing the on/off button for several seconds.
- On the display the temperature in ° C of the area where the appliance is located is indicated.
- Place the ingredients to be weighed in the scale and read the weight on the display, the maximum load capacity is 5 kg.
Weigh with the Zero/tara function (the adding function)
- With the adding function you can reset the display to 0 after placing a product.
- This allows you to weigh more ingredients in a bowl.
- Press the on/off button to turn on the device.
- Place the first ingredient you wish to weigh in the bowl Read the weight shown on the display.
- After weighing, press the Z/T switch to reset the scale to 0 and you can add the next ingredient.
- By repeating the step you can weigh multiple ingredients (e.g. baking ingredients).
- Up to 200 grams, the zero function is active, and still the maximum weight of 5 kilograms can be weighed. Above the 200 grams the tare function will be activated and only the remaining weight till 5 kilograms can be weighed.
- Lo: The battery is nearly empty, replace the battery.
- Err: There is too much weight on the scale, remove the weighing ingredients, and turn the device off and back on again. The device can be at least 2 grams and 5000 grams maximum.
To Set Alarm Timer
Press the on/off button and after that the timer button. Set the desired time by pressing the Z/T button for the minutes and the unit button for the seconds.
The maximum time span is 99:59. Press the timer button after de desired time setting. The time on the display counts down. If the 0 is reached, an acoustic signal sounds.
Cleaning And Maintenance
- Never immerse the device in water or any other liquid. The device in not dishwasher proof.
- Clean the appliance with a damp cloth. Never use harsh and abrasive cleaners, scouring pad or steel wool, which damages the device.
- This product is guaranteed for 24 months granted. Your warranty is valid if the product is used in accordance to the instructions and for the purpose for which it was created.
In addition, the original purchase (invoice, sales slip or receipt) is to be submitted with the date of purchase, the name of the retailer and the item number of the product.
- For the detailed warranty conditions, please refer to our service website: www.service.tristar.eu
Guidelines for protection of the environment
This appliance should not be put into the domestic garbage at the end of its durability, but must be offered at a central point for the recycling of electric and electronic domestic appliances. This symbol on the appliance, instruction manual and packaging puts your attention to this important issue. The materials used in this appliance can be recycled. By recycling of used domestic appliances you contribute an important push to the protection of our environment. Ask your local authorities for information regarding the point of recollection.
Tristar Europe B.V. | Jules Verneweg 87
5015 BH Tilburg | The Netherlands
Documents / Resources