TRiSTAR BP-2780 Griddle and Electric Barbecue
- By ignoring the safety instructions the manufacturer can not be held responsible for the damage.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Never move the appliance by pulling the cord and make sure the cord can not become entangled.
- The appliance must be placed on a stable, level surface.
- The user must not leave the device unattended while it is connected to the supply.
- This appliance is only to be used for household purposes and only for the purpose it is made for.
- This appliance shall not be used by children aged less than 8 years. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children aged less than 8 years. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless older than 8 and supervised.
- To protect yourself against an electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plug or appliance in the water or any other liquid.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years.
- The temperature of accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating. The appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or a separate remote-control system.
- Only use the appropriate connector for this device.
- Surface are liable to get hot during use.
- Baking plate
- Grease tray
- Temperature control knob
BEFORE THE FIRST USE
- Take the appliance and accessories out the box. Remove the stickers, protective foil or plastic from the device.
- Before using your appliance for the first time, wipe off all removable parts with a damp cloth. Never use abrasive products.
- Place the supplied thermostat in the connection of the thermostat.
- Put the power cable into the socket. (Note: Make sure the voltage which is indicated on the device matches the local voltage before connecting the device. Voltage 220V-240V 50/60Hz)
- Turn the thermostat clockwise to the highest setting and allow the device heating at least 5 minutes without food.
- When the device is turned on for the first time, a slight odour will occur. This is normal, ensure adequate ventilation. This fragrance is only temporary and will disappear soon.
- We advise to place a heat-resistant coating between your table and the appliance (this way you don’t get burn marks on your table or table cloth).
- Place the device in a well-ventilated space.
- Make sure you place a heat resistance coating under the appliance in order to prevent traces due to heat and grease stains on your table.
- Fill the grease tray with water.
- During the use the water will evaporate and should be refilled.
- Use the appliance only with water in the grease tray. Without water in this tray the device will overheat!
- The water also reduce smoke and facilitate cleaning.
- Put the plug in an earthed power outlet.
- Pre-heat your appliance on the highest level for a few minutes until the temperature indicator goes off.
- The heating plate should be rubbed in with some food oil.
- Use the temperature knob on the thermostat to choose the desired temperature.
- The thermostat regulates a constant temperature. During cooking the indicator light on and off, this is normal, the temperature is always constant adjusted. Never use sharp objects on the grill plate, this will damage the anti-stick coating.
- After using the grill, disconnect the grill from the mains power supply.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Before cleaning, unplug the appliance and wait for the appliance to cool down.
- Never pour cold water on a hot plate, this could damage the device and can cause splashing hot water.
- Wipe the inside and the edges of the appliance with a paper towel or a soft cloth.
- Clean the appliance with a damp cloth. Never use harsh and abrasive cleaners, scouring pad or steel wool, which damages the device.
- Remove and empty the fat collecting tray after each use and wash the tray in warm, soapy water.
- The table grill is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend to was the table grill by hand as this will be beneficial for the lifetime of the product. Pay attention! The housing and the thermostat are not dishwasher safe.
This appliance should not be put into the domestic garbage at the end of its durability but must be offered at a central point for the recycling of electric and electronic domestic appliances. This symbol on the appliance, instruction manual and packaging puts your attention to this important issue. The materials used in this appliance can be recycled. By recycling of used domestic appliances, you contribute an important push to the protection of our environment. Ask your local authorities for information regarding the point of recollection.
You can find all available information and spare parts at www.tristar.eu!
Documents / Resources