TRIPP-LITE U457-1M2-NVME-L USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C to M.2 NVMe SSD Gaming Enclosure Adapter with LEDs Owner’s Manual
- Read, write or transfer files to and from your computer by adding the speed of an M.2 NVMe SSD
- Supports M.2 drive sizes of 2230, 2242, 2260 and 2280
- Supports USB 3.2 Gen 2 data transfer rates up to 10 Gbps and is backwards compatible with USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1
- UASP compatible for up to 70% faster read and 40% faster write performance.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) Type-C Cable (M/M), 1.5 ft. (0.45m)
- Mounting Hardware
- Mini Screwdriver
- Silica Gel Plug
- Heat-Dissipating Silicone Pad
- Quick Start Guide
- U420-003-G2 USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C (10 Gbps) to Type-C Cable, 3 ft. (0.9m)
- HDD/SSD drives are sensitive to static electricity and must be handled properly to prevent the risk of data loss. Always handle your HDD/SSD drive with caution by wearing an anti-static strap (such as Tripp Lite’s P999-000) when transporting it or by touching a grounded metal surface to discharge yourself of static electricity prior to picking up the drive.
- When disconnecting the drive, make sure to go through the proper disconnection steps of your operating system. Removing the drive with improper disconnection can result in data loss or corruption.
- Pull out the hard drive tray and assemble the included silica gel plug into the SSD hole.
- Place the M.2 SSD onto the card slot and rotate the silica gel plug to lock the SSD into place.
- Peel off the film of the blue heat-dissipating silicone pad, paste the pad on the SSD, then paste the heat-conducting copper sheet on the pad.
- Secure the tray in place with the included screws. Optionally, paste the faceplate over the LEDs with the acrylic tape side of the plate.
- Connect the included USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 cable to the USB-C port on the adapter and the USB-C port on your computer.
Note: A partitioned SSD will be recognized as “New Drive” after being connected to the computer and can read/write directly. A new SSD will need to be partitioned before it is recognized by the computer.
|SSD Type||B+M Key (SATA) /
M Key / B+M Key (NVME)
|SSD Size||2230, 2242, 2260, 2280|
|USB Specification||USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps)|
|LED Description||(x1) Power/Data = Blue; RGB alternating|
|Power Source||Hub Powered|
|Operating System Compatibility||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|Operating Temperature Range||50° to 158°F (10° to 70°C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||32° to 149°F (0° to 65°C)|
|Relative Humidity Range||10% to 80% RH|
|Unit Dimensions [HxWxD]||0.78 x 1.81 x 4.33 in. (20 x 46 x 110 mm)|
Warranty and Product Registration
1-Year Limited Warranty
Seller warrants this product, if used in accordance with all applicable instructions, to be free from original defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of initial purchase. If the product should prove defective in material or workmanship within that period, Seller will repair or replace the product, at its sole discretion. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO NORMAL WEAR OR TO DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ACCIDENT, MISUSE, ABUSE OR NEGLECT. SELLER MAKES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THE WARRANTY EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE; AND THIS WARRANTY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ALL INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. (Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.)
WARNING: The individual user should take care to determine prior to use whether this device is suitable, adequate or safe for the use intended. Since individual applications are subject to great variation, the manufacturer makes no representation or warranty as to the suitability or fitness of these devices for any specific application.
Visit tripplite.com/warranty today to register your new Tripp Lite product. You’ll be automatically entered into a drawing for a chance to win a FREE Tripp Lite product!*
* No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions apply. See website for details.
WEEE Compliance Information for Tripp Lite Customers and Recyclers (European Union)
Under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive and implementing regulations, when customers buy new electrical and electronic equipment from TrippLite, they are entitled to:
- Send old equipment for recycling on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis (this varies depending on the country)
- Send the new equipment back for recycling when this ultimately becomes waste.
Use of this equipment in life support applications where failure of this equipment can reasonably be expected to cause the failure of the life support equipment or to significantly affect its safety or effectiveness is not recommended.
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Photos and illustrations may differ slightly from actual products.
1111 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60609 USA
Documents / Resources
|TRIPP-LITE U457-1M2-NVME-L USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C to M.2 NVMe SSD Gaming Enclosure Adapter with LEDs [pdf] Owner's Manual|
U457-1M2-NVME-L, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C to M.2 NVMe SSD Gaming Enclosure Adapter with LEDs, U457-1M2-NVME-L USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C to M.2 NVMe SSD Gaming Enclosure Adapter with LEDs
- Tripp Lite - Power and Connectivity Solutions
- Help Center | Tripp Lite
- Product Registration | Tripp Lite