Mini Bluetooth 5.0
(Class 2) USB Adapter
- Compliant with Bluetooth 5.0 LE+EDR Class 2
- Adds Bluetooth wireless capabilities to a laptop or desktop computer’s USB port
- Wirelessly communicates with Bluetooth 5.0-enabled printers, tablets, smartphones, headsets, keyboards/mice, and more
- Backward compatible with Bluetooth 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.2, and 1.1 devices
- Wireless range of up to 50 m (165 ft.)
- Support for Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) up to 3 Mbps
- Connects to up to 7 devices at the same time
- Built-in security protects your communication pairing, encryption, and authentication
- Low-profile design blends in with your computer; no need to unplug from your device when traveling
- Ultra-low power consumption
- USB-enabled computer with available USB-A port
- Windows® 8.x/10/11, Linux
- Quick Start Guide
Installation and Pairing
- Download the driver files from the U261-001-BT5 product page on the Tripp Lite website (tripplite.com).
- Follow the prompts to install the driver.
- Restart your computer after successfully installing the driver.
- After restarting, go to your computer’s Device Manager. Ensure the following devices are installed.
- Go to Settings Bluetooth & Other Devices.
- Select the Bluetooth device that you wish to pair.
|Unit Dimensions (H x W x D)||0.25 x 0.54 x 0.74 in. / 0.63 x 1.38 x 1.50 cm|
|Unit Weight||0.01 lb. (2 g)|
|Data Transfer Rates||3 Mbps|
|Input Power||5V (USB power)|
|Signal Range||164 ft. (50 m)|
|Power Consumption (Watts)||0.35W|
|Operating Temperature Range||32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C)|
|Relative Humidity||20% to 90% RH, Non-Condensing|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, RoHS, REACH|
Warranty and Product Registration
3-Year Limited Warranty
Seller warrants this product, if used in accordance with all applicable instructions, to be free from original defects in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) years from the date of initial purchase. If the product should prove defective in material or workmanship within that period, Seller will repair or replace the product, at its sole discretion.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO NORMAL WEAR OR TO DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ACCIDENT, MISUSE, ABUSE, OR NEGLECT. SELLER MAKES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THE WARRANTY EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE; AND THIS WARRANTY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ALL INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
(Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.)
WARNING: The individual user should take care to determine prior to use whether this device is suitable, adequate, or safe for the use intended. Since individual applications are subject to great variation, the manufacturer makes no representation or warranty as to the suitability or fitness of these devices for any specific application.
Visit tripplite.com/warranty today to register your new Tripp Lite product. You’ll be automatically entered into a drawing for a chance to win a FREE Tripp Lite product!*
* No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions apply. See the website for details.
FCC Notice, Class B
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Any changes or modifications to this equipment not expressly approved by Tripp Lite could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
WEEE Compliance Information for Tripp Lite Customers and Recyclers (European Union)
Under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive and implementing regulations, when customers buy new electrical and electronic equipment from Tripp Lite they are entitled to:
- Send old equipment for recycling on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis (this varies depending on the country)
- Send the new equipment back for recycling when this ultimately becomes waste
Use of this equipment in life support applications where the failure of this equipment can reasonably be expected to cause the failure of the life support equipment or to significantly affect its safety or effectiveness is not recommended.
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Photos and illustrations may differ slightly from actual products.
1111 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60609 USA
Copyright © 2022 Tripp Lite. All rights reserved.
Documents / Resources
|TRIPP-LITE U261-001-BT5 Mini Bluetooth 5.0 USB Adapter [pdf] User Guide|
U261-001-BT5, Mini Bluetooth 5.0 USB Adapter, U261-001-BT5 Mini Bluetooth 5.0 USB Adapter
- Product Registration | Tripp Lite
- Tripp Lite - Power and Connectivity Solutions
- Tripp Lite - Power and Connectivity Solutions
- Help Center | Tripp Lite