TOSHIBA RBC-UY32P-UL Carrier Ceiling Panel
Precautions for safety
The product and this manual are provided with important safety notices to ensure safe use and protect the user and other people from hazards and preclude damage to property.
Be sure that you fully understand the following contents (expressions and graphic symbols) and read this manual carefully. Always observe the precautions.
- Ask an authorized dealer or qualified installer to install the ceiling panel.
Inappropriate installation may result in water leakage, electric shock or fire if you install it by yourself.
- Carry out an installation work securely according to this Installation Manual.
Inappropriate installation may result in water leakage, electric shock or fire.
- Attach the ceiling panel on a ceiling that withstands the weight of the ceiling panel.
Insufficient strength may cause a fall of the unit, which may result in injury.
- Electrical work must be performed by a qualified installer in accordance with the Installation Manual.
Make sure the air conditioner uses an exclusive power supply.
The capacity shortage of the power circuit or improper electrical work may result in electric shock or fire.
- Connect the specified wires firmly and clamp them securely so that external force applied to the wires does not affect the connector pins.
Improper wire connection or clamping may result in fire or malfunction.
- Be sure to connect the earth wire. (grounding work)
Do not connect the earth wire to a gas pipe, water pipe, lightning conductor, or telephone earth wire.
Incomplete earthing may result in electric shock.
- Never modify or repair the product.
Incomplete modification or repair may result in electric shock or fire.
Wear heavy work gloves during the installation work to avoid injury.
Do not apply excessive force to the louver, as it may cause a malfunction.
Preparation for attaching ceiling panel
Checking indoor unit position
- Check the position of the indoor unit using the Installation Manual. Check whether the ceiling opening size falls within 46.9″ (1190 mm) of length and 19.7″ (500 mm) of width.
- Determine the positional relation between the ceiling and the indoor unit using the installation gauge supplied with the indoor unit. Improper positioning of the indoor unit may result in air/water leakage or malfunction of the louver.
- Do not put the ceiling panel facing down or lean it against a wall, etc. or put it on an object with projection to avoid scratches on the surface.
- Handle the ceiling panel carefully so as not to deform the movable hooks
This clearance must be follow installation gauge. A clearance outside this range may cause malfunction.
Attaching ceiling panel to the indoor unit
Detaching air inlet grille
- Loosen the screw on hook lock grille both side.
- Slide the hook lock grille on air inlet grille in the direction of arrow 1.
- Push the center hook of air inlet grille in the direction of arrow 2. and open the grille.
- Release the safety strap hook from the air inlet grille.
- Do not remove the safety strap screw on the ceiling panel side.
- Remove the hinges on the air inlet grille from the ceiling panel by pull untill the end to right or left side and pull off hinges and then pull to opposite side air inlet grille will be release.
Detaching adjust corner caps
Pull the edge of the adjust corner cap in the direction of arrow 1, and detach the adjust corner caps from the two corners.
Checking panel fixing bracket position
After the adjust corner caps are detached, check that the panel fixing bracket is open (Fig. 1).
The ceiling panel cannot be attached to the indoor unit with the bracket lock (Fig. 2).
Attaching ceiling panel
Do not apply excessive force to the louver when attaching the ceiling panel, as it may cause malfunction of the louver.
- Insert the two movable hooks at the inside of the ceiling panel into the rectangular holes of the indoor unit, and hook them tentatively onto the indoor unit. (Fig. 1 and Fig. 2)
- The ceiling panel has an orientation to the indoor unit
for installation. Befor attach the ceiling panel, make sure that the louver motor wire appear on the eletrical control box side
- To detach the ceiling panel, push the movable hooks outward while holding the ceiling panel.
- The ceiling panel has an orientation to the indoor unit
- Lift the corner of the panel inner frame and insert the panel fixing screw of the indoor unit into the panel fixing bracket hole (Fig. 3). Then slide the panel fixing bracket in the direction of arrow and push it to the specified position (Fig. 4). Repeat this procedure for the four panel fixing brackets.
- Slide the panel fixing bracket while keeping the screw head lower than the bracket.
- The panel fixing screws have been attached to the indoor unit since its shipping.
- Tighten the four panel fixing screws to secure the ceiling panel until it comes into close contact with the indoor unit.(Fig. 5)
- Tighten the panel fixing screw (black color) to the panel center position on the air inlet and air outlet side. (Fig. 6, 7)
- Check that the ceiling panel is in close contact with the ceiling.
- Make sure that there is no gap between indoor unit and ceiling panel and between ceiling panel and bottom of the ceiling. (Fig. 8)
Insufficient tightening of the screws may result in the following problems. Tighten the screws securely.
Insufficient tightening of the screws may result in the following problems. Tighten the screws securely
If a gap between ceiling panel and bottom of the ceiling still remains after the screws are tightened, readjust the height of the indoor unit
The height of the indoor unit can be adjusted from the corner holes of the ceiling panel without detaching the panel, provided that the levelness of the indoor unit and the drain pipe are not affected.
After the adjustment of height, tighten the nuts of the indoor unit securely
Connecting wires of ceiling panel
- Remove the screws of the terminal cover and take off.
- Remove the screw of the electrical control box cover, and detach the electrical control box cover by slide the hook. (The electrical control box cover is clamped onto the hinge.)
- Pass the louver motor wire from the ceiling panel through the clamper as shown, and connect the wire to the white 20P connector CN510 on the P.C. board of the indoor unit.
- Connect the wire firmly to the connector to ensure operation of the louver.
- Attach the electrical control box cover and terminal cover by reversing the procedure of detaching.
- Make sure that no wire is caught between the electrical control box and the cover.
- Make sure that no wire is caught between the indoor unit and the ceiling panel.
Attaching adjust corner caps
- Hook the strap of the adjust corner cap securely to the pin.
- Insert the two claws A of the adjust corner cap into the rectangular holes of the ceiling panel in the direction of arrow.
- Push the adjust corner cap so that the two claws B on the back of the cap are fitted
Press the two claws B of the adjust corner cap firmly as far as they will go, and then check that the adjust corner cap is closely attached. Attached failure may result in water leakage.
Attaching air inlet grille
- Attach the air inlet grille by reversing the procedure of its removal.
- Be sure to attach the safety strap of the air inlet grille to the ceiling panel
Checks after Installation
- Reconfirm that there is no gap between indoor unit and ceiling panel or between ceiling panel and bottom of ceiling.
Such gap may result in water leakage or dew drop.
- Confirm that all wires are connected correctly and firmly.
Otherwise, the louver does not work.
- Confirm that the claws of the adjust corner caps are fitted securely.
Improper fitting may result in water leakage.
When Using Air purifier kit, Wireless receiver kit and Occupancy sensor kit
- For details of the installation, refer to the Installation Manual supplied with the each kit (separate sold parts).
Delivery to Customer
- When the installation work has been completed, execute a test run to check for normal operation.
Then explain how to use and maintain the ceiling panel to the customer according to the Operations Manual of the indoor unit. Ask the customer to keep this installation manual with the Operations Manual and Installation Manual of the indoor unit.
Documents / Resources
|TOSHIBA RBC-UY32P-UL Carrier Ceiling Panel [pdf] Installation Guide|
RBC-UY32P-UL Carrier Ceiling Panel, RBC-UY32P-UL, Carrier Ceiling Panel, Ceiling, Panel, Ceiling Panel