TempTest ™ Blue Thermometer
INSTRUMENT OPERATION – The instrument is switched on by pressing the Transmit button. The instrument takes approximately 2 seconds to start up. After this, the temperature is displayed and the instrument continues to measure at its set measurement rate (default 1 second).
The instrument is now ready for a Bluetooth connection to a smart device but can be used without a wireless® connection.
Apply the tip of the probe to the substance, medium or surface to be measured. The sensor is located at the tip of the probe, therefore the minimum depth insertion should be 0.12″ (3 mm).
The probe tip is very sharp and can remain hot therefore caution should be taken when using.
CONNECTION – Use a Bluetooth® enabled iOS or Android™ host device with HACCP LE installed to connect to the instrument. HACCP LE can be downloaded free from the Apple App Store or on Google Play™. Open HACCP LE and connect to the device via the Devices screen, use the instrument’s serial number to select the correct device from the list. When connecting/disconnecting, the instrument’s amber light flashes rapidly 5 times. Once connected, HACCP LE will begin receiving and displaying measurement data.
- On – Press to switch the instrument on.
- Measure/Transmit – Press to measure temperature and transmit result via Bluetooth wireless technology (if connected).
- Off – hold down for 3 seconds to switch the instrument off.
The LCD automatically rotates to indicate temperatures at the angle the instrument is being held.
– Indicates a low battery level – see Battery Replacement section.
- ‘Hi’ – temperature reading is above 572°F
- ‘Lo’ – temperature reading is below –58°F
- ‘AHi’ – instruments ambient is above 122°F
- ‘ALo’ – instruments ambient is below –4°F
- ‘Err’ – sensor fault or open circuit
The instrument has an amber light located just above the LCD to indicate Bluetooth connection status:
- 5 rapid flashes indicate when connecting or disconnecting.
- A single flash every 10 seconds indicates you are still connected.
- When connected and the Transmit button is pressed, a single flash indicates that the temperature has been transmitted via Bluetooth wireless technology.
SETTINGS – Adjustable through HACCP LE include °C or °F, Measurement Interval, Auto-off Interval, Sensor Name, and High/Low Alarm levels. All settings are stored in the instrument and are downloaded to HACCP LE on connection.
AUTO-OFF – If the instrument is not connected to a smart device or the Transmit button is not pressed within the set Auto-off interval (default 10 minutes) then it will switch off.
BATTERY REPLACEMENT – The low battery symbol will indicate when the batteries need replacing. The instrument continues to measure accurately but it’s recommended that the batteries are changed as soon as possible. To replace the batteries, remove the battery cover on the bottom using Phillips screwdriver. Replace the 2 x AAA batteries ensuring correct polarities. Replace the cover and tighten to ensure the unit remains waterproof. Do not overtighten. Please note: the battery cover can only be fitted one way.
INSTRUMENT CLEANING – Clean the instrument regularly with an anti-bacterial probe wipe to avoid potential foodborne bacteria growth.
WARNING – IPA and other solvents may cause damage to the case of this instrument.
- Do NOT pry containers, puncture packages, or lift food items with the probe.
- Do NOT expose the thermometer body to temperatures above 122°F (50°C).
- Do NOT expose the tip or probe shaft to temperatures above 572°F (300°C).
- Do NOT stab, jab, or force probe tip into any solid medium. Do NOT force probe tip into frozen food.
- Do NOT allow oils or food to collect on the thermometer body. Clean frequently with sanitizing wipe.
GUARANTEE – This instrument carries a two-year warranty against defects in either components or workmanship. During this period, products that prove to be defective will, at the discretion of ThermoWorks, be either repaired or replaced without charge. This warranty does not apply to probes, where a six-month period is offered. Full details of liability are available within ThermoWorks’ Terms & Conditions of Sale at www.thermoworks.com/product-warranty.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by ThermoWorks is under license.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
|Range||–58 to 572°F (–49.9 to 299.9°C)|
|Accuracy||±0.7°F (±0.4°C) from –58 to 392°F
(–49.9 to 199.9°C)
otherwise ±1.8°F (±1.0°C)
|Response||2-3 sec. (reads to within 1°F of final the temperature of an ice bath in 3 sec.)|
|Battery||2 x AAA / 2000 hours|
|Sensor Type||High-performance Type K thermocouple|
|Connection||Requires Bluetooth 4.1 or above|
|Probe||0.125 dia. x 4.3 L inches (3.3 dia. x 109 L mm) with a reduced tip to 0.06 dia. inches (1.5 dia. mm)|
|Operating Range||–4 to 122°F (–20 to 50°C)|
|Dimensions||4.7 H x 1.9 W x 0.7 D inches (120 H x 47 W x 17 D mm)|
|Weight||3.7 oz. (105 g)|
|Calibration||NIST-traceable certificate included|
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy, and if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Under Industry Canada regulations, this radio transmitter may only operate using an antenna of a type and maximum (or lesser) gain approved for the transmitter by Industry Canada. To reduce potential radio interference to other users, the antenna type and its gain should be so chosen that the equivalent isotropically radiated power (e.i.r.p.) is not more than that necessary for successful communication.
Ph: 801-756-7705 Fax: 801-756-8948
|Ref: 547-7360 / 25.11.20|