Non-Contact Digital Thermometer
LIN STTHREURCMTIOONM MEATNEURAL
Please read carefully before using
DEVICE DESCRIPTION AND INTENDED USE
The thermometer is an electronic device intended to measure the human body temperature using the forehead as measurement site. It is designed to absorb the infrared from human body to detect your temperature. It can be used with adult or pediatric patients and it can be used in household.
HOW TO USE
Make sure the forehead site is dry, clean and free of sweat and cosmetics prior to measurement taking. Aim the probe center between your eyebrows at your forehead with 2cm(0.787inch) distance or object surface.
Aim the probe center between your eyebrows at your forehead within
2cm (0.787inch) distance.
Doing a Measurement
- Clean the probe before and after each measurement to prevent cross-contamination. See Cleaning & Disinfection.
- After cleaning the probe, please wait for 2 minutes at least to do a measurement.
- Press the POWER Button to turn on the device, it will auto self-diagnosis.
- When all symbols appear on the display, the self-diagnosis is finished.
Start measuring the temperature.
- Aim the probe to the forehead within 2cm(0.787inch).
- Press and release the ON/OFF button then read the temperature.
- The device fever alarm will beep continuously when the temperature reading is over 99.5°F.
- Press and hold the POWER button firmly for 5 seconds; it shows OFF with a long beep then turns off the unit. The unit will show OFF then turn off with a long beep automatically if no use within 10 seconds.
Read-back last memory by NFC
Install OUcare APP from Google play or App Store successfully. OUcare not only collect temperatures but also can do graph for checking temperature’s trend easily.
For Android mobile device: When the device is off, put mobile device above the thermometer, the last temperature will be read-back and show on mobile device.
For iPhone7 or above: The iOS should be 11.0 or above. When the device is off, press the NFC icon of APP then close to the thermometer, the last temperature will be read-back and show on mobile device. Refer to the figure of NFC area of iPhone7 in the right.
The thermometer is contraindicated:
- Place the thermometer probe in scarred tissue or tissue compromised by skin disorders.
- Patients in trauma or treat with certain drug therapies.
- Place the thermometer probe on skin exposed to direct sunlight, fireplace heat, cold compress therapies, air conditioner flow, etc.
Setting °C or °F Scale
- To set or reset the scale (°C or °F) you must begin with the device being powered off.
2. Press and release the POWER Button to turn on the device.
3. As soon as you hear a short beep, immediately press the POWER Button
again but bold down for about 2 seconds until you see the °C or °F change.
Release the button as soon as change occurs.
4. You may press and hold the POWER Button again for 2 seconds to switch
back and forth from °C to °F.
5. Whichever scale shows when you release the POWER Button will be the
scale the device will show for the measurement.
6. The device will be ready to measure a temperature after short beeps.
- To recall a memory, you must begin with the device being powered off.
- From the off position, press and hold the POWER Button (about 3 seconds)
until the last record show.
- You may continue to press and release the POWER Button to recall up to 9
- Discontinue pressing the POWER Button to stop Recalling Memories.
- The device will beep twice indicating it is ready to begin a new measurement.
- Repeat Recalling Memories step 1 and step 2.
- Press and Hold the POWER Button for about 3 seconds until “dEL” is displayed.
- Press and release the POWER Button again to delete all stored records in the
- The device will power off automatically.
5. To stop Deleting Memories, do not press the POWER Button when you see “dEL” . The device will return to Recalling Memories step 3, or wait about 2 seconds more and the device will beep twice indication it is ready to take a new measurement.
DEVICE OVERVIEW & DISPLAY OVERVIEW
- Install a battery into the device. Make sure the polarity (+ and -) of the battery matches as shown in the battery compartment.
- Press and release the ON/OFF button, you will hear a short beep. The device will be ready for measuring.
- Aim probe to the measuring site within measuring distance.
- Press the ON/OFF button then read the temperature on the display.
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
- Replace with a new CR2032 battery when the low battery indication shows.
- Remove the battery if the device is not likely to be used for a long period of time.
- Do not dispose the battery in a fire, the battery will explode.
- The memories might be erased after replacing the battery.
- Remove the battery cover to insert a battery.
- Confirm the polarity (+ and -) of battery is correct as indicated inside the compartment and insert a battery accordingly.
- Replace the battery cover.
CLEANING & DISINFECTION
- To clean and disinfect the device, use a cotton swab or pad moistened with 70% alcohol to wipe the probe.
- Use a cloth dampened with water or neutral detergent to clean and dry the device.
- Do not use thinner, benzene, and other harsh cleaners for cleaning the device.
- Do not immerse the unit in water or liquid of any kind. The unit is not water proof.
Do not submerse or expose the device to water.
Do not use corrosive detergent to clean the device. Clean and disinfect the thermometer before and after use.
- After cleaning and disinfection process.
- Put the device to air-dry in the room temperature (20-30°C), exposure time around 30~60 min.
- And store the device in a dry, clean, and dust-free environment at moderate temperatures of 5°C to 40°C.
CARE AND STORAGE
- Do not drop or crush the device. It is not shock proof.
- Do not dismantle or modify the device other than changing the battery.
- Do not store the device in an extreme environment with direct sunlight, high/low temperatures or in a location with high humidity or severe dust.
Please contact your local agents or distributors if the device does not function properly as specified under Product Specification.
- Read the entire instruction manual before trying to operate the device.
- The device is delivered non-sterile; please clean the device before measuring.
- Stop using the device if malfunctions appear or if it operates abnormally.
- Children should not use the device without the supervision of an adult. Keep out of reach of unsupervised children.
- Do not use the device when flammable materials are around.
- Do not place the device on scarred tissue, open wounds or abrasions.
- Some medications may cause a rise in skin temperature which can consequently lead to incorrect measurements.
- Taking a measurement after skin has been exposed to an extreme condition such as direct exposure to sunlight, fireplace/ heater or air conditioner flow, may lead to incorrect readings.
- If the device has been kept or stored in extreme temperatures, wait at least one hour for the device to return to room temperature before measuring.
- Do not touch the probe.
- The device is not water proof, please keep dry.
- Do not drop the thermometer or expose it to heavy shock.
- Do not bite or swallow the probe and the battery cover.
- Do not let thermometer come into contact with any thinner or chemical solvents
- Components may be harmful if swallowed. Contact a physician immediately should this occur.
- Do not use if the display malfunctions or it operates irregularly.
- Do not put this unit in dishwasher.
- If the thermometer has been stored at below-freezing temperatures, allow the thermometer to warm naturally to room temperature before using.
- Performance of the thermometer may be degraded if: Operated or stored outside stated temperature and humidity ranges or if the patient’s temperature is below the ambient (room) temperature.
- Only use the thermometer indoors and do not use it near mobile phones or microwave ovens. In the case of thermometer whose maximum power exceeds 2 W, the minimum distance from thermometer should be 3.3 meters(10.827ft).
- The reading is for reference, if feel sick or uncomfortable, please contact the physician.
- Performance of the device may be degraded if operated or stored outside stated temperature and humidity ranges.
- Do not scrape or scratch the probe as it will hamper the effectiveness of the device.
- Do not dismantle the device except when replacing the battery.
- Wait at least thirty minutes after exercising, bathing or eating before taking a measurement.
- If the subject’s body temperature is lower than the room temperature, a false reading may occur.
- To ensure the best performance of the device, please follow the Product Specification “Storage Environment” regarding temperature and humidity ranges for storing the device.
- Dispose of the device and battery according to your local regulatory or environmental protection agency.
- Please do not operate this product in strong magnetic-field condition; this will cause impact on measuring result.
- For maximal performance of the device, we recommend a regular checkup and device calibration every two years.
ABOUT BODY TEMPERATURE
A person’s normal body temperature can range from 95.9°F to 100.0°F (35.5°C to 37.8°C) throughout the day. We recommend taking your temperature at different times during the day when you are NOT sick. This will give you a preliminary reference to know what your normal temperature is and how it fluctuated during a normal day. Then, when you feel sick or discomfort, knowing this will provide an index for a reliable diagnosis of a fever.
The device itself (battery excluded) comes with one year warranty from purchase date if it is operated under normal circumstances without evidence of tampering. See exclusions below.
- If user does not properly operate the device according to the instructions as described in this manual.
- If the device shows signs of tampering or attempted modification.
- Improper handling, such as dropping, liquid or cleaner damage.
- Natural disasters (such as fire, flood, earthquake, thunder strike).
- If you do not have a receipt or proof of purchase showing date of purchase.
LOT NUMBER INFORMATION
LOT NO.(YYMM) on the device label means the year and month of manufacturing. For example, “1904” means the device was manufactured in April, 2019.
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!