Infrared Ear Thermometer
- Please consult your physician to verify your body temperature.
- DO NOT scrape or scratch the lens as it will hamper the effectiveness of the device.
- The device is intended for consumer-use only.
- Calibration is recommended every two years.
- Do not drop or expose thermometer to electric shock as this may adversely affect its performance
POWER SOURCE SIZE AAA (1.5V) x 2
WARRANTY: ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE
Why IR ear thermometer?
The tympanic membrane (eardrum), and the hypothalamus, the part of the brain which controls body temperature, share a common blood supply, so tympanic readings rise and fall rapidly with core temperature (deep-body temperature). This makes the ear temperatures one of the best indicators of internal body (core) temperature.
What are normal temperature values?
Human body temperature varies from person to person. One person’s body temperatures are different from time to time. Therefore, it is very important to know your normal body temperature range. Because of this, we recommend that you measure yourself when healthy to establish reference temperatures which will make you feel more confident of the measured temperature when ill.
Information You Should Know Before Operating the IR Ear Thermometer
How to use the IR ear thermometer correctly?
1. It is useful to try this thermometer on yourself first to become familiar with its operations.
2. Please do not take the temperature immediately after waking up. Sleeping on the ear may cause the temperature to be higher than normal.
3. It is common for the readings to be slightly different between the right and the left ear. Therefore, we suggest using the same ear to obtain temperature.
4. To make the ear canal straight for measurement:
For Children under 12 months: Make the ear canal straight by pulling the ear back.
For Children over 12 months and Adults: Make the ear canal straight by pulling the ear back and up.
Preparation for Use
Installing/Replacing the Battery
- Pull the battery cover off in the direction shown.
- Clean the battery contacts and also those of the device prior to battery re-installation.
- Install two new “AAA” batteries into the battery compartment matching correct polarities.
4.Replace and fasten the battery cover securely.
Batteries contain mercury. Refer to your local disposal laws for proper disposition. Manage as hazardous waste. Do not recharge, put in backwards, disassemble or dispose of batteries in fire. This may cause explosion, leakage and injury.
When replacing batteries, do not mix old ones and new ones. Do not mix alkaline, standard(carbon-zinc) or rechargeable(nickel-cadmium) batteries.
How to Operate the Thermometer
- Press and release the START/STOP button to turn on the unit. (F igure 1 ) A beep is heard. After about 2 seconds, the display shows that the unit is ready for measurement. (F igure 2 )
- Place the probe into the ear canal then press and release the START/STOP button again to start measurement.
- While it is measuring, the display will show an “arrow” sign. (F ig u re 3 )
- A “beep-beep”sound is heard when the measurement is completed. (F ig u re 4 )
- The temperature and back light color shows on the display. The display will light up according to the reading.
Please refer to Table 1
6. After the smiling face symbol stops flashing, you can repeat measurement by pressing the START/STOP button again.
7. Turn off the unit by pressing and holding the START/STOP button for 5 seconds until the OFF message is displayed. A long beep is heard. (F igure 5 )
For Fahrenheit and Centigrade Switchable Models:
The Centigrade or Fahrenheit mode can be switched by turning the unit on then pressing the START/STOP button again immediately and holding it down. The display will show “CH” with “F” or”C”. Release the button when the mode you desire is in the display window. The unit will show “L” with the degree sign and the smiling face symbol in the display and is ready to take a new temperature reading.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
• Allow at least 1-3 minutes between each measurement in order to obtain the most accurate result.
• Make sure the probe lens is clean and clear before use. It should be ‘mirror like’ or reflective. A dirty, blocked or scratched lens will cause incorrect results.
• Do not store the device in extreme conditions or temperatures (ie., direct sunlight, very hot/cold or high moisture like a bathroom). Unit is not waterproof.
• If it has been stored in extreme conditions, wait at least one hour for it to return to a normal room temperature before using.
• Wait at least thirty minutes after bathing, exercising or eating before taking a measurement.
• Do not dismantle or modify the device other than changing the batteries.
• This device has no user serviceable parts. Do not dismantle or modify other than changing the batteries.
Performance of the device may be degraded if it is operated or stored outside the stated temperature and humidity range or if the patient’s temperature is below the ambient (room) temperature.
This device (batteries excluded) is guaranteed for one year from the date of purchase against manufacturer’s defect under normal use and without evidence of tampering.
• Device is not properly operated according to the instructions as described in this manual.
• Device shows any signs of tampering or attempted modification.
▪ Evidence of improper handling or storing, such as dropping, heat, liquid or cleaner damage.
▪ Natural disasters (such as fire, flood, earthquake, lightening). No receipt or proof of purchase showing date of purchase
Following the instructions closely will ensure years of dependable operation.
POTENTIAL FOR RADIO/TELEVSION INTERFERENCE (for U.S.A. Only)
Operation is subject to the following two conditions 1)This device may not cause harmful Interference, and 2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference That may cause undesired operation.
This product has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. The product generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If the product does cause harmful interference to radio or television rception, which can be determined by turning the product on and off, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the product and the receiver.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the users authority to operate the equipment.
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!