TFA 30.2028 Digital Thermometer
Before you use this product
- Please make sure you read the instruction manual carefully.
- Following and respecting the instructions in your manual will prevent damage to your instrument and loss of your statutory rights arising from defects due to incorrect use.
- We shall not be liable for any damage occurring as a result of non-following of these instructions. Likewise, we take no responsibility for any incorrect readings or for any consequences resulting from them.
- Please pay particular attention to the safety notices!
- Please keep this instruction manual safe for future reference.
Field of operation and all of the benefits of your new instrument at a glance
- Temperature measurement in rooms, refrigerator, etc.
- Flexible holder for hanging or standing, with magnet.
For your safety
- This product is exclusively intended for the range of application described above. It should only be used as described within these instructions.
- Unauthorized repairs, alterations or changes to the product are prohibited.
Risk of injury!
- Keep this device and the battery out of reach of children.
- Small parts can be swallowed by children (under three years old).
- Batteries contain harmful acids and may be hazardous if swallowed. If a battery is swallowed, this can lead to serious internal burns and death within two hours.
If you suspect a battery could have been swallowed or otherwise caught in the body, seek medical help immediately.
- Batteries must not be thrown into a fire, short-circuited, taken apart or recharged. Risk of explosion!
- Low batteries should be changed as soon as possible to prevent damage caused by leaking.
- Remove the battery if the device will not be used for an extended period of time.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes and mucous membranes when handling leaking batteries. In case of contact, immediately rinse the affected areas with water and consult a doctor.
Important information on product safety!
- Do not expose the device to extreme temperatures, vibrations or shocks.
- Clean it with a soft damp cloth. Do not use solvents or scouring agents.
- Protect it from moisture!
Elements (Fig 1 )
A1: ON/OFF button
A2: °C/°F button
B1: Battery compartment
B4: Temperature probe
Getting started and use
- Pull out the battery compartment and remove the insulation strip.
- Remove the protection foil.
- Press ON/OFF button.
- The display shows the current temperature.
- With the °C/°F button you can choose between °C (Celsius) or °F (Fahrenheit) as the temperature unit.
Positioning of the thermometer
- With the fold out holder you can fix it at a suitable place or use the magnet for fixing.
The holder is inserted properly when you hear a “click”.
- For table standing please fold in the holder.
Symbol for refrigerator
- Appears, if the refrigerator temperature is optimal 4°C … 8°C (39.2°F … 46.4°F).
- When the battery symbol appears, replace the battery.
- Pull out the battery compartment.
- Insert a new battery CR 2025, + pole upwards.
|No display||➔ Switch on the instrument
➔ Ensure battery polarity is correct
➔ Change the battery
|Incorrect display||➔ Change the battery|
If your device fails to work despite these measures contact the supplier from whom
This product and its packaging have been manufactured using high-grade materials and components which can be recycled and reused. This reduces waste and protects the environment.
Dispose of the packaging in an environmentally friendly manner using the collection systems that have been set up.
Disposal of the electrical device
Remove non-permanently installed batteries and rechargeable batteries from the device and dispose of them separately.
This product is labelled in accordance with the EU Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE).
This product must not be disposed of in ordinary household waste. As a consumer, you are required to take end-of-life devices to a designated collection point for the disposal of electrical and electronic equipment, in order to ensure environmentally-compatible disposal. The return service is free of charge. Observe the current regulations in place!
Disposal of the batteries
Batteries and rechargeable batteries must never be disposed of with household waste. They contain pollutants such as heavy metals, which can be harmful to the environment and human health if disposed of improperly, and valuable raw materials such as iron, zinc, manganese or nickel that can be recovered from waste.
As a consumer, you are legally obliged to hand in used batteries and rechargeable batteries for environmentally friendly disposal at retailers or appropriate collection points in accordance with national or local regulations. The return service is free of charge. You can obtain addresses of suitable collection points from your city council or local authority.
The names for the heavy metals contained are: Cd-cadmium, Hg=mercury, Pb=lead.
Reduce the generation of waste from batteries by using batteries with a longer lifespan or suitable rechargeable batteries. Avoid littering the environment and do not leave batteries or battery-containing electrical and electronic devices lying around carelessly. The separate collection and recycling of batteries and rechargeable batteries make an important contribution to relieving the impact on the environment and avoiding health risks.
Damage to the environment and health through incorrect disposal of the batteries!
Batteries containing lithium can explode.
- Batteries and rechargeable batteries containing lithium (Li=lithium) present a high risk of fire and explosion due to heat or mechanical damage with potentially serious consequences for people and the environment. Pay particular attention to correct disposal.
|Measuring range:||-20 °C … +50 °C (-4 °F … + 122 °F)|
|Power consumption:||1 x CR2025 Button cell battery|
|Housing dimensions:||68 x 25 (14) x 43 (61) mm|
|Weight:||31 g ( device only)|
TFA Dostmann GmbH & Co.KG, Zum Ottersberg 12, 97877 Wertheim, Germany
No part of this manual may be reproduced without written consent of TFA Dostmann. The technical data are correct at the time of going to print and may change without prior notice.
The latest technical data and information about this product can be found in our homepage by simply entering the product number in the search box.
Documents / Resources
|TFA 30.2028 Digital Thermometer [pdf] Instruction Manual|
30.2028 Digital Thermometer, 30.2028, Digital Thermometer