Teufel Rosenthal Best Sound Loudspeaker Set User Manual
General Notes And Information
The speaker system is designed for the playback of music and speech transmitted via cable or wirelessly from an external player.
Only use the speaker system as described in this quick reference guide and the online documentation. Any other use will be deemed as not in accordance with the instructions and may lead to damage to property or even persons.
The manufacturer accepts no liability for damage caused by improper use.
The speaker system is intended for private use.
The enclosed brochure “Important product information” contains general safety notes. Please always observe them to protect yourself and third parties. Also be sure to observe any warning notes contained in this quick reference guide.
Before operating the product, please first read the safety notes, this quick reference guide and the online documentation carefully. Only in this way, you can ensure that all functions are used in a safe and reliable manner. Keep the enclosed documents in a safe place and also be sure to pass it on to any subsequent owner.
- Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier
- 2× Teufel x Rosenthal Speaker
- Bluetooth USB adapter
- 2× tripod
- Mains cord
- 2× speaker cable (2)
- Brochure “Important product information”
- Check that all items have been delivered and that nothing is damaged. If you find any damage, do not operate the device; instead contact our customer service department (see back side).
- Please keep the packaging for the duration of the warranty period.
Operational Controls And Connections
- (8) Increase/decrease the volume
- (9) On/Off button
Tap this button do activate/ deactivate the speaker system.
- (10) Preset buttons Push and hold: save current playback. Tap: play saved music.
- (11) LED indicator (left/right)
- (12) Setup button: push during the setup process once asked to do so.
- (13) Reset button: hold for 8 seconds while the device is on to reset the device to the factory default settings.
- (14) USB port: to connect the Bluetooth USB adapter, to connect a USB storage device for your own music or to restore the software.
- (15) Network connector (LAN).
- (16) Audio input (RCA jack) for external players via LINE-IN.
- (17) Connector jacks for speakers.
- (18) Connector jack for mains cord.
To be able to integrate Teufel Streaming products with Raumfeld technology in your network and to ensure smooth operation, we recommend an up-to-date, high performance router with a broadband Internet connection.
You can connect the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier to your home network wirelessly via Wi-Fi or using a network cable.
Make sure that the router is active, has the latest firmware and is able to access the Internet.
In case of a Wi-Fi connection, the router should be positioned in the middle of your home in order to ensure an adequate Wi-Fi signal throughout your home.
Setup And Connection
Each speaker cable (6) from the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier (1) to the speakers (2) is approx. 3 m long.
- Place the tripods (4) in the desired location and put the speakers on the tripods.
- Place the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier (1) in the desired position.
- Connect the speakers to the connector jacks (17) using the enclosed speaker cables. In the process, the angled plug is connected with the jacks on the back side of each speaker. Other cables than those we offer may impair the sound quality.
- In case of a network connection via cable: Connect the network cable to the network connector (15).
- You can connect a source device with analogue sound (e.g. a CD player or TV set) to the LINE IN audio input (16). You will need a stereo cable with RCA plugs to do so.
You can use the USB port (14) to
- connect the enclosed Bluetooth USB adapter (3) to wirelessly play back music from an external Bluetooth player (e.g. smartphone) with your Teufel streaming system
- connect USB sticks and hard drives (max. 0.5 A power consumption) and play back the music saved on them with your Teufel streaming system.
Music saved on a USB stick will be made available under “My music” if the stick is connected to the USB port of the host device. In the network settings, you can see which device acts as a host in your system.
Risk of electrical shock!
The Teufel × Rosenthal system components are made of unglazed porcelain. This material is very fragile. If the housings of the speakers or amplifier exhibit breaks or cracks due to external force, the product must be disconnected from the 230 V mains voltage immediately and it must no longer be put into operation!
- Insert the small plug of the enclosed mains cord (2) in the POWER connector jack (18).
- Connect the mains cord with a mains socket.
- Use the On/Off button (9) to switch the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier on or to standby.
- Make sure that your smartphone or tablet is registered in your home Wi-Fi.
- Have the Wi-Fi password for your router ready.
- Load the TEUFEL RAUMFELD APP from the Play Store/App Store.
- Once you have started the app, the setup wizard will guide you through the setup process.
- The Setup button (12) is located on the bottom of the Teufel × Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier:
- You can find more information about setting up your Teufel streaming system at https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-setup.html. The tips in chapter ,,Troubleshooting” on page 12 should also be helpful.
Integration of other devices in an existing Teufel streaming system:
You do not have to set up the entire system again. You can use the app to add new devices (under “Settings”).
Activating and deactivating
- Use the On/Off button (9) to switch the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier on or to standby. The touch keys are very sensitive and respond to the slightest touch. If you lightly touch the sensor buttons or come too close to them, you can turn off the device by mistake.
- The left LED indicator will be illuminated after activation. The right LED indicator will flash until a connection to the network has been established.
- In case of inactivity, the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier will automatically switch to standby after a few minutes. You can configure the timespan until standby will start in the app’s setting menu.
- In standby, you can simply activate the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier via the app by starting playback of a source.
Adjusting the volume
- Push the +/ buttons (8) to decrease and increase the volume.
- You can also set the volume in the app.
Selecting a source
- With the TEUFEL RAUMFELD APP, you can select music and control playback.
Your Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier features 4 programmable preset buttons (10). They allow you to access your favourite radio station, a playlist or any other music with just the push of a button.
Programming preset buttons
- Make sure that the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier is operational.
- Play any music on your Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier (e.g. a radio station, an album, a playlist or all tracks of an artist).
- As soon as the music is played back, push a preset button and hold it until you hear a signal tone. The played back music will be saved for this preset button.
Accessing saved content
- Tap the preset button to access saved music with just the push of a button and to play it back on the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier.
Via Bluetooth®, you can establish a wireless connection between a compatible external player (e.g. smartphone) and the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier. The audio output of the external player is then emitted by your Teufel streaming system.
Depending on the device type and operating system, your external player/smartphone may also have a number of Bluetooth® options such as media playback and call function. Here you can activate and deactivate the desired options.
You can find more information about the Bluetooth® options in the user manual for your external player/ smartphone.
To play the audio of your external player on your Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier via Bluetooth®, you must first connect the devices with each other. This is called “Pairing”. The Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier remembers the external player’s data so that it can be reconnected without the need for another pairing process in the future.
- Make sure that the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier is operational.
- In the TEUFEL RAUMFELD APP, navigate to the device settings of the Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier (SETTINGS -> ROOM CONFIGURATION -> [select the room with the “Teufel x Rosenthal”] -> Teufel x Rosenthal. Tap the button “START PAIRING MODE”.
- On your external player, switch the Bluetooth® function on and let it scan for Bluetooth® devices. You will find more information about this in the user manual of your external player. After the search run, “Teufel x Rosenthal” should also be present in the list of detected devices.
- Select “Teufel x Rosenthal” from the list of detected devices. Pairing is now complete and your Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier will now act as a Bluetooth® playback device. Your Teufel streaming system will now play back all sounds that would otherwise be played by your external player/smartphone.
The volume setting of the external player also affects the volume of the Teufel streaming system. Start playback on your external player. You can control the playback on your external player or via the TEUFEL RAUMFELD APP.
With Spotify Connect, you can play music on your mobile, tablet or PC on your Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier via the Spotify app. Please note that you will require Spotify Premium to use Connect.
- Connect your Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier to your home Wi-Fi (see ,,Configuration” on page 7).
- Open the Spotify app on your smartphone, tablet or PC. Make sure that the device is connected to the same network as your Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier.
- Start a song and click “Available devices”.
- Select your Teufel x Rosenthal Streaming Amplifier and you will immediately hear your music played back via this device.
Components of this product are made of unglazed porcelain. The porcelain is elaborately crafted from natural materials and then fired. This results in minimal differences in the surface texture, which change light reflection. These are not impurities but part of the material.
Risk of electrical shock!
- Unglazed porcelain is very fragile. If the housings of the speakers or amplifier exhibit breaks or cracks due to external force, the product must be disconnected from the 230 V mains voltage immediately and it must no longer be put into operation!
- Do not use scrubbers to avoid unwanted abrasive marks on the surface of the porcelain.
- Remove impurities on the porcelain using a transparent eraser, a clean white cotton cloth or linen and with water or mild cleaning agent.
- Make sure you do not put too much pressure on the porcelain parts when cleaning and that no technical parts are exposed to moisture.
The following advice should help you to solve problems. If this does not work, our online documentation will provide help:
Declaration Of Conformity
Lautsprecher Teufel GmbH hereby declares that this product complies with the requirements of the directives 2014/30/EU, 2014/35/EU and 2014/53/EU to the extent they are installed and used in accordance with the instructions of the manufacturer. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following Internet address:https://www.teufelaudio.com/declaration-of-conformity.html
The following radio frequency bands and radio transmitting powers are used in this product:
Please contact our customer service department with any questions, suggestions, or complaints:
Lautsprecher Teufel GmbH
BIKINI Berlin Budapester Str. 44
10787 Berlin (Germany)
Telephone: 00800 200 300 40 (toll-free)
Online support: www.teufelaudio.com/service
Contact form: www.teufelaudio.com/contact
No responsibility is assumed for the correctness of this information. Technical changes, typographical errors and other errors reserved.
Documents / Resources
|Teufel Rosenthal Best Sound Loudspeaker Set [pdf] User Manual|
Rosenthal Best Sound Loudspeaker Set